• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  572
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/14/1944

The following is a link to a booklet from "Radio Bible Class" {"Temple of the Lost Ark"} dealing with this and other issues. They say that the physical animal sacrifices in the future will be a memorial to Jesus Christ's finished work on the Cross.

http://www.gospelcom.net/rbc/ds/q1206/

I have thought about <Ezekiel 40-48> off and on for a couple of decades. From the Book of Hebrews: e.g. "...we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all...But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right had of God:"<Hebrews 10:10,12>

Jesus Christ said "...It is finished..."<John 19:30>

To me, having animal sacrifies in the future goes against my understanding of the finished work of the Crucifixion and Resurrection. It makes me, i guess, angry. That commentators kind of saying the unspeakable value of the blood and suffering of Jesus Christ left something undone. That "For we know that the whole creation groaneth and trevaileth in pain together until now."<Romans 8:22> will just keep going on. Don't know. Is <Ezekiel 40-48> Jesus Christ's Millenial Reign temple that will be dissolved and then the new heaven and earth and New Jerusalem?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  280
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

I believe I know your feelings about this and share them. I was a bit put off to learn that many think the sacrifices will continue in the future and the scriptures do seem to validate that in the Millenial Kingdom these remembrance sacrifices will be going on.

I can only think of it in this way, if the Lord does this there is a very good reason. We know there will still be ordinary citizens living on the earth during that time. Not among the glorified as of yet. Perhaps it is something for their benefit. Also we know the last enemy to be destroyed is Death. That happens after the 1000 year reign of Yeshua. After that final rebellion and the renovation of the earth then the whole creation will be free of Death including whatever animals are in the renovated earth with us.

Might be wrong about this but I don't think any among the redeemed and glorified will be offering the sacrifices.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  572
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  02/14/1944

You said that the last enemy that shall be destroyed is death and that is during the millennial reign of Yeshua.

<1Corinthians 15:26> states :

"The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death."

However <2Timothy 1:10> states:

"But now is made manifest by the appearing of our Savious Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:"

My personal understanding is that Jesus Christ has already abolished death conditional on our believing Him .See <John 5:24; 6:50,51,58; 8:51; 11:25-26>. <Luke 20:36>. <Hebrews 2:9>.

How about that the sacrifices being offered is somehow tied into the everlasting covenant that The Jews have? I have not yet seen it in the Scriptures [i am a slow, forgetful student so i am not suprised] but a senior pastor made the statement that the Jews can/will be saved under the Old Covenant. I see <Hebrews 8:13> "In that he saith, a new [covenant], he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away." That to me says there is no longer an Old Covenant.

???