HOW LONG?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Xan is correct, I don't know if I said "Psalm" Sunday anywhere unless it was a typo.

Palm Sunday is when Christians celebrate the Triumphal Entry of Jesus into Jerusalem. Gospel accounts of the Triumphal Entry are found in Matthew 21:1-11, Luke 19:28-44, and Mark 11:1-11, when Jesus fulfilled Zechariah 9:9:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest All4Him

The length of a Biblical generation is 40 years, coming from the account of the Israelites wandering in the desert for 40 years before coming into the promised land.  Because of their rebellious nature, God wished to completely wipe out the generation that was redeemed from Egypt before entering.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  21

I feel that II Peter 3:8 and Psalm 90:4 will factor in to the coming of the Lord somehow:

"But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day." II Peter 3:8

"For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night." Psalm 90:4

One plausible application might be the 1000 years referred to in Revelation 20.

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  39

Hello I am new here, and I love to study prophecy and how secular events could be fulfilling end time prophecy. I have read several of your post, on when you think the last 7 years will begin. And was glad to see the excitement of fellow brothers and sisters discussing what our near future holds. This is my belief on how it will all begin.

Every year the Jews celebrate the feast of trumpets. We know this as Rosh Hashanah. It is the first day of the Jewish new year. On this day, which starts at 6 o

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Maranatha I am in agreement with your posts, we have been thinking that the Feast of Trumpets is when the last trump will sound for a long time.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

Hello everyone, this is my first post on this Forum. I believe the scriptures says that this generation would not pass away. In order for that generation to pass away, everyone that saw Israel reborn would have to die. Since many people that saw the re-birth are still alive, then that generation is still here, and will be for a while if the Lord permits. Don't forget, some people will live a very long life.

(Edited by rollinTHUNDER at 4:22 am on April 23, 2002)

Very interesting, Maranatha.  But where did you get your information that the Jews were called to their homeland in 1917?  And what did you mean by that?

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,461
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,742
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Xan,

Maranatha is referring to the Balfour Doctrine created by England after they liberated the land of Israel.  The doctrine was created in 1917.

With much agape love,

George

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  39

Thank you George

Yes I was refering to the Balfour Declaration. I should have mentioned that in my post. Hope George has cleared up any confusion that I may have caused. Peace, but not yet.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  68
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

In my bible it says generation could also have been translated as age or nation and this greatly confused me because of how important the mention of a generation is in the timing of the tribultaion. Could someone clear this up for me?