jesussaves

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  210
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

Eph:6:10: Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

Eph:6:11: Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

Eph:6:12: For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Eph:6:13: Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Eph:6:14: Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

Eph:6:15: And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

Eph:6:16: Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

Eph:6:17: And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Eph:6:18: Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

SOMEONE TOLD ME ONCE THAT THEY PRACTICE PUTTING ON THE WHOLE ARMOR OF GOD EVERYDAY BEFORE THEY GO OUT THE DOOR.

HERE IS HOW I DO IT IN THE FORM OF A PRAYER.

Lord I thank you for the helmit of salvation. I thank You for what you did for me at calvary. Thank You, Lord for my salvation.

Lord I thank You for the breast plate of righteousness. My righteousness is as filthy rags. I thank You Lord for Your righteousness. Not weapon formed against me shall prosper, for my righteousness is of You.

Lord I thank You for the belt of Truth. Sanctify me through Thy Truth, Lord. Thy Word is Truth.

Lord I thank You for the gospel of peace on my feet. Feet that are swift to spread the goodnews of Jesus Christ. The fruit of righteousness is sown in the peace of those who make peace.

Lord I thank You for the sword of the Spirit which is the word of the living God. I thank You Lord for Your word. Help me hide Your word in my heart that I might not sin against You. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.

Lord I thank You for the shield of faith that is able to quinch EVERY firey dart of the wicked.

And Lord, I praise You for the church. Bless the saints, Lord all over the world today. Meet their needs Lord and give them strength. Move on behalf of those who are being persecuted, Lord, and bring them out of hard places. Strengthen theor families and bless them with Your peace. Make their lives a mighty witness Lord. Strengthen and bless my pastor and his family, and my family and the entire body of Christ Lord today, in Jesus name I ask Lord amen.

Put on the whole armor of God and stand! Stand! When the enemy comes in like a flood the Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard against him.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,166
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

blessings,

your post is simply beautiful :cool: thank you

love your sister in Christ,

Rebekah David

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I agree, and remember it is all frontal armor! There is no butt plate of retreat.

Gen 17.1 "walk before me and be blameless", God has given you the armor, and He also has your back! But He wants us to move! Stand still with all that armor and you become a statue, and we all know what birds do to statues when they sit on their heads!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  210
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

I agree, and remember it is all frontal armor! There is no butt plate of retreat.

Gen 17.1 "walk before me and be blameless", God has given you the armor, and He also has your back! But He wants us to move! Stand still with all that armor and you become a statue, and we all know what birds do to statues when they sit on their heads!

very true Fez, and I believe stand in the context of Ephesians 6 means not to retreat, be firm in the faith, remain firm in the midst of battle and most of all, stand still and see the salvation of the Lord. Trust the Lord through it all. If we take a close look at that armor we will see we have put on Christ. That belt goes all the way around us, so we have the Truth covering our back, too. As is the Holy Spirit our rear guard. Isn't the Lord amazing! We are covered from every angle!

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  04/12/1954

Eph:6:10: Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

Eph:6:11: Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

Eph:6:12: For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Eph:6:13: Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Eph:6:14: Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

Eph:6:15: And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

Eph:6:16: Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

Eph:6:17: And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Eph:6:18: Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

SOMEONE TOLD ME ONCE THAT THEY PRACTICE PUTTING ON THE WHOLE ARMOR OF GOD EVERYDAY BEFORE THEY GO OUT THE DOOR.

HERE IS HOW I DO IT IN THE FORM OF A PRAYER.

Lord I thank you for the helmit of salvation. I thank You for what you did for me at calvary. Thank You, Lord for my salvation.

Lord I thank You for the breast plate of righteousness. My righteousness is as filthy rags. I thank You Lord for Your righteousness. Not weapon formed against me shall prosper, for my righteousness is of You.

Lord I thank You for the belt of Truth. Sanctify me through Thy Truth, Lord. Thy Word is Truth.

Lord I thank You for the gospel of peace on my feet. Feet that are swift to spread the goodnews of Jesus Christ. The fruit of righteousness is sown in the peace of those who make peace.

Lord I thank You for the sword of the Spirit which is the word of the living God. I thank You Lord for Your word. Help me hide Your word in my heart that I might not sin against You. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.

Lord I thank You for the shield of faith that is able to quinch EVERY firey dart of the wicked.

And Lord, I praise You for the church. Bless the saints, Lord all over the world today. Meet their needs Lord and give them strength. Move on behalf of those who are being persecuted, Lord, and bring them out of hard places. Strengthen theor families and bless them with Your peace. Make their lives a mighty witness Lord. Strengthen and bless my pastor and his family, and my family and the entire body of Christ Lord today, in Jesus name I ask Lord amen.

Put on the whole armor of God and stand! Stand! When the enemy comes in like a flood the Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard against him.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  168
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

RAH-FUL!

..."butt plate of retreat.." heheheheheheh :)

That was awesome!

...and thank you, jesussaves, for that post. Really lifted me up. Thanks, and may God richly bless you and your family!

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  04/12/1954

I have heard pastors say that the armor is figurative. My wife's uncle was a pastor of a 4 square gosple church and one sunday the armor of the Lord was his topic. this topic isn't a salvation sermon. At that time I had not given my live to the Lord but was going through some hard times. Was about to loose everything. One night I came home from work and went to bed. I knew who was destroing my home but it seemed there was nothing I could do. As I lay there I said ok Lord there is nothing I can do about this and I understand for you to be able to do anything I have to give myself to you. So I did then I started to pray for the armor each piece and thanked him for it. How log I lay there I don't know but when I finished I started to tingle in started at my toes and went to my head. At one time my whole body tingled. I then got mad and addressed satan and told him ,"In the name of the lORD Jesus I demand that you leave uor house. He did. The armor is not figurative anything. Thank you for the subject.