• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  252
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,859
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/16/1963

The Beast: Who or What is It?  

Many people talk about or have heard of the "Mark of the Beast" as described in Revelation 13:15-17. There have been movies made about it. Clergymen sometimes speculate about it, but the clergy don't know what the Beast is so they can't warn people.

Through study of the scriptures and a little knowledge of history we can easily learn what the Beast is.

The Beast is a government. In fact it is described in the Bible as being the 8th and final world power to rule on the earth. It is a world government with it

Quote: from boblandis on 11:02 pm on April 2, 2002

The Beast: Who or What is It?  

. . . The only government organization around that fits the description given in Revelation is the United Nations.    . . . Revelation 13:1,7, 15-17 explains that the beast will have power over the whole world and have it's own monetary system. The only governmental organization that fits this is the United Nations. The UN does not have power yet but it will. All people whose names are not in the book of life will take the mark in their right hand or forehead.

One of the main reasons the UN does not fit the description of scripture is be because "The merchants of these things, which were made rich by her"

Where has the UN made the merchants of the world rich?

And how has the UN "become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird?"

It has to fit the whole passage, Rev 13-19, all or nothing.

Peace.

The UN is not completely in power, yet.  Prior to the early 1900's and Roosevelt's Great White Fleat no one thought of America as a world power.  So let's wait to see if, when, how the UN comes into power.  Either way, I do have my eye on them for many reasons- the way they are trying to gain more and more power even though they are not a country, some of what the Bible says about the beast, and in a small part because of a dream a friend of mine had and the confirmations she has had concerning the dream.  I don't take too much stock into what prophets and dreamers say about the end-times, but I do know from the Bible many will prophesy and have dreams and visions.  As far as my friend's dream, I will wait and see.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  143
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Dreams and visions? Xan could you go into more detail about your friends dreams? Im always curious as to what all the other watchmen and woman are interpreting in their own dreams and visions. Did you read my response to the thread on dreams and visions by Samson? I feel it is time for the watchmen, and woman to tell the people what the Lord has shown us. And to look at these things in a more positive light. Its not the end we are looking forward to, its the begining of the reign of our Lord, and for some we will see him without having to die. I also feel the great deceiver will use many people and give his own false visions. Its kinda like having all your cards on the table, now we can sort them out and discard the ones that are not of the Holy Spirit. I hope Im making sense, Love to all my christian brothers and sisters. Joseph

The first part of her dream might seem irrelevant, but it's not.

In my friend's dream, she was watching a couple's dog that had just joined our congregation- a white chocolate Pomeranium.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  143
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Thank you XAN! I gotta say Im not supprised. IN my vision, I had never meet this family, until a year or so later! What a shock!! And this winter he and I worked together in the woods.(Husband) In the winter Im a sustainable forest manager.(horse logger LOL)Any ways we worked together all winter. And we plan to work together next winter as well. The Lord works in many many  misterious ways no? One question xan why do you always leave out the O's when you spell God?? Im still getting used to computer lingo. Only had one for 6 months now.

The Hebrew language has no vowels, consequently neither does G-d's real name.  It is only a sign of respect, nothing more.

Thank you for sharing.