• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I see no connection to what i wrote. Are you trying to find out if I am a Born Again Christian? I think in my contributions i have stated my stand so the above long quotes and questions are not helping me at all and are of no use to me. Why can you not just talk to me and tell me fact?

although i agree with about Jesus death, your response here puzzles me. Bible quotes are of no use to you?? even if you don't believe the Scriptures presented are relevant to the topic at hand, they still should be of use to you and can be of help if you would let them.

this is the way Joe posts. if you think he is asking whether or not you are saved, why don't you just answer the question?

:)

Saved? Hmm, only when I die will I know for sure as the same scriptures says we must make sure we finish the race. i am still running it. The same also says in Rev 3:5 The one who overcomes, this one will be clothed in white clothing. And I will not blot out his name out of the Book of Life, but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.

Seeing that salvation is in the hands of God, I leave it to him alone to confirm my salvation. If on the other hand you believe you are saved and are very sure of inheriting the Kingdom, I thank God for that.

If it is the way Joe posts, i doubt there are many that read and are helped as it reminds me of the Jehovah Witnesses tracts that are distributed regardless. God's word comes in season not anyhow. seek the Spirit he will show you want I need and it will help me.

Blessings Abusa. What I think people are trying to ascertain is if you are saved, have you accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as your saviour, repented of your sins to Him, acknowledged that He died on the Cross for your sins, been baptised in the Holy Spirit, and that He will return. These are very sinple questions that any saved person can answer in a heartbeat. There is no judgement in this. If you don't consider yourself to be saved as I describe above, thats fine. It is just that it helps one when discussing scripture and the Lord Jesus Christ Almighty, to understand the other persons view.

Scripture also says that no one can come before the Father except through Jesus, and I guess that is relevant and important in knowing anyone's heart on these boards when diccussion takes place.

Be Blessed by our Saviour

Have you ever heard of Charles Templeton? I do not take these things light. If you think that by:

"have you accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as your saviour, repented of your sins to Him, acknowledged that He died on the Cross for your sins, been baptised in the Holy Spirit, and that He will return."

then you have not considered the fact that salvation (being saved) is in the hands of God alone. We all do not know what tomorrow holds, ONLY God. I have said I will know when I die.

Google Charles Templeton a preacher friend to Billy Graham if not a partner in the old days yet now an atheist.

Find out what caused such a Holy spirit filled person to turn his back on God. Its not easy until you finish the race. I am still running it.

Oh, Ok you are not saved then. Bit of a roundabout answer but an answer no less. Thank you.

Be blessed and may you find His love by His grace now, and not have to wait till you die. :noidea:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/11/1966

I see no connection to what i wrote. Are you trying to find out if I am a Born Again Christian? I think in my contributions i have stated my stand so the above long quotes and questions are not helping me at all and are of no use to me. Why can you not just talk to me and tell me fact?

although i agree with about Jesus death, your response here puzzles me. Bible quotes are of no use to you?? even if you don't believe the Scriptures presented are relevant to the topic at hand, they still should be of use to you and can be of help if you would let them.

this is the way Joe posts. if you think he is asking whether or not you are saved, why don't you just answer the question?

Saved? Hmm, only when I die will I know for sure as the same scriptures says we must make sure we finish the race. i am still running it. The same also says in Rev 3:5 The one who overcomes, this one will be clothed in white clothing. And I will not blot out his name out of the Book of Life, but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.

Seeing that salvation is in the hands of God, I leave it to him alone to confirm my salvation. If on the other hand you believe you are saved and are very sure of inheriting the Kingdom, I thank God for that.

If it is the way Joe posts, i doubt there are many that read and are helped as it reminds me of the Jehovah Witnesses tracts that are distributed regardless. God's word comes in season not anyhow. seek the Spirit he will show you want I need and it will help me.

Blessings Abusa. What I think people are trying to ascertain is if you are saved, have you accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as your saviour, repented of your sins to Him, acknowledged that He died on the Cross for your sins, been baptised in the Holy Spirit, and that He will return. These are very sinple questions that any saved person can answer in a heartbeat. There is no judgement in this. If you don't consider yourself to be saved as I describe above, thats fine. It is just that it helps one when discussing scripture and the Lord Jesus Christ Almighty, to understand the other persons view.

Scripture also says that no one can come before the Father except through Jesus, and I guess that is relevant and important in knowing anyone's heart on these boards when diccussion takes place.

Have you ever heard of Charles Templeton? I do not take these things light. If you think that by:

"have you accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as your saviour, repented of your sins to Him, acknowledged that He died on the Cross for your sins, been baptised in the Holy Spirit, and that He will return."

then you have not considered the fact that salvation (being saved) is in the hands of God alone. We all do not know what tomorrow holds, ONLY God. I have said I will know when I die.

Google Charles Templeton a preacher friend to Billy Graham if not a partner in the old days yet now an atheist.

Find out what caused such a Holy spirit filled person to turn his back on God. Its not easy until you finish the race. I am still running it.

Oh, Ok you are not saved then. Bit of a roundabout answer but an answer no less. Thank you.

Be blessed and may you find His love by His grace now, and not have to wait till you die. :noidea:

Its really sad, very sad. I have said that salvation is in the hands of God alone. God alone knows what is between HIM and I, regardless of what I may confess to man, or how I may pretend before man. I may claim (for it is just a claim by all) that I am saved because of ("have you accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as your saviour, repented of your sins to Him, acknowledged that He died on the Cross for your sins, been baptised in the Holy Spirit, and that He will return.") that I am saved yet ONLY God knows. What do you think happened to Charles Templeton? Did he not pass through the above? Did he not preach to thousands including Billy Graham? Where is he now? My brethren, wait until death then you will know for certain your end.

Its all but a claim who ever says they are saved. tomorrow something may happen and you will give your back to God. we are humans and anything is possible. Its sad that you want me to confess being saved then i will belong to your group or be acceptable, I shall not claim something that is not in my power to. I shall not ride a pimpers paradise train, I shall wait on the owner of life.

Its unthinkable for me to say "X" was once saved but now he is lost, how can the Lord of Lords save one and lose the same to Satan? Not Jesus. So pls leave salvation to God.

Jesus is my lord and he knows who I am to him and what we have between us. I will not speak of what I have with God for it is not of my effort but by his grace and mercy. i leave all to him so do not put words in my mouth or in God's mouth.

Leave it as I have said, "I shall know when i die for it is a race that must be completed".

1Co 9:24 Do you not know that those running in a race all run, but one receives the prize? So run, that you may obtain.

This is my hope:

2Ti 4:7 I have fought well. I have finished the race, and I have been faithful.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  519
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  04/28/1980

Salvation does come from God through the sacrifice of Christ, yet it is up to us to accept Christ, that is if we have the faith to accept the death and resurection of Christ. Faith is not of are selves but is a gift from God.

Abusa, please, untie, or cut the cord around your ankle, and walk into His light now, don't wait until you die?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  01/11/1966

Abusa, please, untie, or cut the cord around your ankle, and walk into His light now, don't wait until you die?

fez, I can sense your love that I be set free. Be assured that I am walking in the light and not in the dark, that Jesus is Lord over my life. What I am refusing to say is that I am certain that when I die i shall be with him, I am saying this because i am human and tomorrow something may happen that may turn my heart away from God (God forbid it happens). Charles Templeton was a believer yet he turned. I want to walk my faith until death and pray that when I die I shall still be in right books with the Savior.

I do NOT subscribe to the belief that once saved always saved, it is false (or maybe it works for some and not others). i do not want to say that those who backslide were not serious in their heart, most were. I do not want to say that those who end up back in the world were grabbed from the hands of the Messiah Jesus (no one can do this). Thus beloved do not make me say that I am saved as if i know what tests I shall face tomorrow and am certain that I will over come them. If you on the other hand are so sure that whatever comes you will over come, then be blessed in your belief and I thank God for giving you that power of overcoming. If you have been given that power to over come whatever comes tomorrow then you are not like those of the 7 churches that the Lord told must over come or else.......

Obviously you have not experienced seeing a strong believer backslide and totally join the devils camp.

i have seen Pastor, very anointed pastors, who led churches (more than 2) in fact, I have seen Prophets who God used mightily, I have seen them in my walk with God, turn away from God and start serving Satan.

These were spirit filled tongue speaking, miracle workers yet turned. You have not seen such that is why you live in a world of a false belief in overcoming whatever comes. It is not easy my brethren. It is a walk. You need to be humble and hope that at the end of this walk you shall still be right with God.

How many Kings started well in the old testament? Yet, did you read their end? Evil. Their hearts after idols.

Not all of us have the heart of Job, such that if tested as Job was we will remain faithful claiming we love Jesus.

i do not believe in telling people, "say after me this prayer...." after they have said it then i lie to them that, "You are now saved and shall enter the Kingdom of God". I tell them, it is a walk that they must walk in faith and belief. They can fall if they do not.

If for you, God assured you that no matter what happens you will end with him, again I say you are blessed above everyone else. Do not make it a blanket gospel for all, you will lead many to hell. Tell them the truth.

The truth is its a walk and some, like Judas, may not make it, others may fall on the way others will manage. Some of those that fall will get up and help others not to fall (recall Peter) while others may never get up. I have seen those that fall and get up and those that fall and never get up.

I am 44 years old and I have seen a decade or so of what happens to believers, its not easy, do not tell other that it is easy.

when I die I shall know that i have made it, for now, I soldier on with the hope that i do not fall.

I hope I have made it clear.

Abusa, I understand where you are coming from, as I think you do me. But your statement:-

"I want to walk my faith until death and pray that when I die I shall still be in right books with the Savior."

Don't you see how, given your chosen path, that someone like I might believe that you are not walking in faith, but in fatalism? To walk in faith is to walk totally in faith now, a faith knowing that you have been chosen, that you have been saved? Many on Worthy will tell you that if you have not been saved, you will be judged differently, and the time to say you are saved is not when you stand before Him, but now!

We should not be living a "faith" that we are "storing up" in the hope of salvation? The minute you accepted Jesus you were, by His grace and His grace alone justified, and your walk is not towards faith, it should be in faith, and should be towards sanctification? And you can only do that if you are saved?

Yes many who have professed to be saved have fallen, but that is no reason to say if they did, so might I, let God take care of that. That is not faith, that is fatalism, and there is a huge difference. Jesus wants you now Abusa, not later, later will take care of itself.

Blessings

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Content Per Day:  5.13
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

It is my experience that people who will not answer these simple questions but try to waltz around them haven't surrendered their lives to Christ and hence are unable to answer "yes" to the questions. And we thought Lorence (sp) Welk was dead.

It is my experience that people who will not answer these simple questions but try to waltz around them haven't surrendered their lives to Christ and hence are unable to answer "yes" to the questions. And we thought Lorence (sp) Welk was dead.

And perhaps they are just searching for something not yet found, and should be conversed with, with the grace, love and understanding Jesus demands of us.

Jas 5:9 Do not grumble against one another, brothers, so that you may not be judged; behold, the Judge is standing at the door.

May the Blessings and truth of the Lord Jesus Christ shine on you.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Content Per Day:  5.13
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

I feel sorry for those who are not secure in their salvation.

Guest shiloh357
No it says that Jesus was crucified, and that execution was real. I do read the bible in a more literal way I have to admit, but it usually works better that way, safer.
The Bible does not refer to it as an execution. The problem is that YOU are calling it something the Bible does not. You are not reading the Bible literally. You are going outside the Bible and making the death of Jesus a work of man and not a work of God.

I have never said that Jesus did not let them kill Him, indeed He did allow it to happen, but scripture says it really did happen, allowing something to happen as Christ did, does not mean the execution did not happen.
The issue is not about whether or not it happened, but rather the nature of it. Execution, murder, martyrdom are all acts of man, not God.

The slippery slope of claiming it was not an execution is that we start to go down the path that it was then not a true sacrifice at all,
Wrong. By claiming it was an execution, you completely strip it of what it really is: A sacrifice. It cannot both. It cannot be a