• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  512
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/25/1955

God has predestined the Elect from before the foundation of the world. But the Elect, except by a direct revelation from heaven, can never know if they are truly among the Elect. No one knows what tomorrow brings. The holiest of men have been seen to fall away, and the wickedest of men have been seen to embrace their cross. God knows. We do not. I honestly believe that we deceive ourselves if we think we do know. Jesus said that the one who persevered to the end would be saved. Let us all pray, then, for the grace to persevere.

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  540
  • Birthday:  08/26/1980

God offers his salvation to all,he doesn't play duck duck goose to decide who goes to heaven and who goes to hell.

The more i read of these replies and the scriptures used to back them up th more i am convinced one cannot really lose salvation but can in a way choose to give it up, though it would seem to do so requires more than just sinning but more an attitude of foresaking god and His commandments all together.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  161
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  11/05/1975

Random thought #442 from ~andy~.....

Sometimes the enemy exhausts us with constant attacks on our assurance of salvation. We spend all of our energy on it, every time we sin, we experience conviction from the Holy Spirit and doubt our salvation, instead of placing faith in the Word of God that says that there is NO CONDEMNATION for those who are in Christ Jesus (Ro 8:1). I made a decision to get off that rollercoaster :noidea:.

:noidea: me too

me three :)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  02/10/1964

The question is really how do we receive salvation? If we receive salvation through the work that Jesus has done in our life then it has to be up to Him to keep it. If we receive salvation through some work (rules, laws, attitude, or any other human effort) that we must adhere to then we will fail everytime.

God's standard for humans to accomplish salvation would be for us to be perfect as Jesus is perfect. We are not capable of perfection on our own, so I made the decision to accept the perfection of the Lord to be my salvation. When Jesus entered my soul He took posession of my soul and began a work in me that He has been accomplishing in me daily since that first day.

Since it is Jesus that is working in me and not me doing the work He is not only capable but faithful to complete it. Jesus posesses our very soul from the moment we relinquish our will to Him and there is nothing strong enough to remove anyone from His posession (that includes me, a human power).

If I could be removed from His posession then why would I still be fighting the disease I fight daily, why take meds to prolong my life. If there is a possiblity that I will be going to hell if I continue in this life because of some unforseen reason that would make me rebuke Christ then I would give up the fight for my next breath now because I know today I love Jesus most of all and will go to heaven if I die right now.

So for me the question is not who is right on the issue of once saved always saved VS not once saved always saved, it is: Who is doing the saving and How is that accomplished? When that is settled in your soul you will know if you are going to heaven and you will want everyone to have the same security. If you are not secure in your salvation you might want to check to see who it is that saved you. Jesus never did anything in half measures, He finishes everything He starts. Not JMO, my relationship.

In Christ's Love,

DawnAnnette

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Also maybe the use of the term "lose" is misleading.

No one could ever lose their salvation, as if it were some sort of random event, or as if it were against their will, like losing your keys or something. We have total assurance from Christ that this could never happen. We may screw up; we all sin, but as long as we have faith we don't live in our sin we repent and move forward over and over again if need be through all of this Christ is with us guiding us and we would never "lose" Him it is impossible.

I think what we are speaking of is a denial of faith a total rejection of all faith. It comes down to faith.

I know people that once love God, had a passion for Christ, loved the Word of God. I cannot explain, but they hate the Word of God, Blaspheme against the Holy Ghost. The Holy Ghost is Salvation. And we understand that the Holy Ghost will not dwell in an unclean temple.

Well yes. But I mainly just mean people like you say who at one point in their life really did show an outward faith and live the life, and then at some point simply decide it is all a bunch of bunk. They simply reject the faith.

People with true faith will not live in unrepented open sin anyway.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,267
  • Content Per Day:  4.97
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

Random thought #442 from ~andy~.....

Sometimes the enemy exhausts us with constant attacks on our assurance of salvation. We spend all of our energy on it, every time we sin, we experience conviction from the Holy Spirit and doubt our salvation, instead of placing faith in the Word of God that says that there is NO CONDEMNATION for those who are in Christ Jesus (Ro 8:1). I made a decision to get off that rollercoaster :rolleyes: .

:whistling: me too

me three :emot-eek:

I'll second that emotion. :whistling:

Guest shiloh357

There is no such things as "Once Saved, Always Saved." That is a fictitious label that people have placed on Eternal Security because they misunderstand the doctrine. The doctrine of eternal security does not teach that a saved person can live in sin and their salvation is secure, no matter what. Unfortunately, though, that is how the doctrine is framed by its detractors, and as such, it makes it nearly impossible to have a reasonable discussion about it. As long as one side continues to argue against Eternal Security from a warped perception of what the actual doctrine espouses, there is no use arguing or debating it.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  512
  • Birthday:  01/25/1955

There is no such things as "Once Saved, Always Saved." That is a fictitious label that people have placed on Eternal Security because they misunderstand the doctrine. The doctrine of eternal security does not teach that a saved person can live in sin and their salvation is secure, no matter what. Unfortunately, though, that is how the doctrine is framed by its detractors, and as such, it makes it nearly impossible to have a reasonable discussion about it. As long as one side continues to argue against Eternal Security from a warped perception of what the actual doctrine espouses, there is no use arguing or debating it.

I agree. Many times in debate one side or both will create a strawman.

So, let me ask you, can one know for an absolute certainty they are saved this side of the Judgment Seat of God?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

'Sir Gareth' post='1437451' date='Sep 29 2009,

I have alwyas believed that salvation could not be lost and i have seen great scripture supporting both that it can and cannot be lost.

what do others think and what scripture leads you to think this?

It is my opinion that anything can be lost if you are not watching over it. I also know that the things that are lost can be found once again. Seek and you shall find.

Philippians 2:12--Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

oc