Sir Gareth

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

Science and the mind only" are pretty amazing things and we can do so much with both. Given how far we've come scientifically, the possibilities are almost endless. I find comfort in that.

That's good because it's the only comfort you will ever know, C.C., unless you come to the Lord.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  828
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/28/1980

Answered those questions in the other thread horizoneast - How do you tell whether something is literal or

not ? When Jesus says these are the last days do you consider what he says to be literal? When He says this is my body which is broken referring to the bread was it symbolism? When the psalms say the rocks will cry out does it mean that they will form mouths and become sentient beings? Or when levitical law calls a woman unclean because she is on her period does that make her so? But... When someone dares to question gen1 and not take it literal all of a sudden he is a blasphemer!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.90
  • Days Won:  33

When someone dares to question gen1 and not take it literal all of a sudden he is a blasphemer!

Then the same challenge that I gave IL applies to you to. Please show how a non-literal interpretation of Gen 1 & 2 does not introduce contradictions in the rest of the Word.

Answered those questions in the other thread horizoneast - How do you tell whether something is literal or

not ? When Jesus says these are the last days do you consider what he says to be literal? When He says this is my body which is broken referring to the bread was it symbolism? When the psalms say the rocks will cry out does it mean that they will form mouths and become sentient beings? Or when levitical law calls a woman unclean because she is on her period does that make her so? But... When someone dares to question gen1 and not take it literal all of a sudden he is a blasphemer!

Really I truly believe it is a way to make a lot of money - so called "scientist" can write a book that tries to debunk evolution and "prove" God exists is automatically well read in the Christian circles despite his quasi- science approach that is not accepted by the science community and he or she is way richer than a man or woman researching say... Mitochondria structure -

When someone dares to question gen1 and not take it literal all of a sudden he is a blasphemer!

Then the same challenge that I gave IL applies to you to. Please show how a non-literal interpretation of Gen 1 & 2 does not introduce contradictions in the rest of the Word.

A literal interpretation introduces contradictions! In chapter 1 man was created last in chapter 2 man was created before plants and animals - how can you hold that both stories are literal when they are contradictory? You can't .

Well first of all CS

I don't have to go to science because I can use the two accounts in the Bible to contradict each other- if you believe them to be literal

In genesis 1 God created man last in genesis 2 God created man first before the animals and plants-

The creation story is very beautiful one in which shows Gods love for man and contains symbolism and even messianic foreshadowing and it chronicles the brokenness that sin has created between God and his creation -

Answer me this - if God made the two lights to be signs for us the separation of day and night gen 1:16 then how long were the first three days?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  01/11/1966

(Gen 1:1) In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

We are not told when this beginning was nor do we have a time frame. Between this beginning and the first day in verse 5 only God in his infinite wisdom knows the space of

2:4-7 says that man was created in the day that the lord God made the earth and heavens

2:4-7 says that man was created in the day that the lord God made the earth and heavens

As explained - there is no contradiction if translated and understood correctly. Do you have proof that the Bible contradicts true science or are you mistaken (5th request)?

No sure don't.