ray

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Far too much time is spent on why God doesn't heal by many people (generally speaking) when we should focus on what God is able to do!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

Far too much time is spent on why God doesn't heal by many people (generally speaking) when we should focus on what God is able to do!

Yeah your right, far to much time is spent on why we should not believe God rather then why we should believe God. New testement is a covenant based on having faith in God.

Faith is not a one time thing, it's believing God in all things at all times.

This is why we are called believers. Its because we believe God not doubt God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

So because there are false prophets it means that there aren't any real healing services?

Nope. I would never put God in a box like that. :t2: But if you read my previous comments, you can see where I'm coming from.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  267
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  02/14/1958

Healing services, what is your opinion on them?

Very simple. Judge them by their fruits. Either people get healed there, or they don't. One observation:

From what I've seen, many people leave a healing service still unhealed, yet feeling assurance that they have received a blessing and will be healed by it in the near future. I've heard many testimonies like this. :t2:

But the example of Jesus must be our guide. When he healed people, it was instantaneous. He touched them, they were healed. They didn't have to wait an hour or a day or a month.

But even in the ministry of Jesus himself, miracles were the exception, not the rule. "A wicked generation demands a miraculous sign", he said. His primary method of ministry was plain-spoken instruction.

Well put and I agree.

I have been to services that turned into healings. And the I have been to some that were projected to be healing and walked out because there was no fruit. Be aware of the false prophets of the day

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  706
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

Amen Steve and Kay. I am skeptical now because of so many false prophets. I don't think you need a special meeting, God can do it in your house, over the phone. When and where he wants. If we have someone who needs prayer for anything in my church, we call them up, lay hands on them at the altar and pray. It is when there is a publicized "Healing Meeting", that I get a little skeptical.

I don't think you need a special meeting, God can do it in your house, over the phone. When and where he wants.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm not saying that all healers are frauds, nor that God doesn't heal. :o I simply have doubts about specific healers I've seen.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,026
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

I think a person can be healed even by attending a meeting which is led by a fake "healer".

If it is within Gods will to heal the person and if their faith is in the right place i think God will honor the persons faith and then deal with those who falsely misrepresent him in his own time. There will be people saying but Lord didnt we do this and that and your name? He will tell them depart I never knew you...But the point is they were seemingly performing some miracles while all the while thinking they were doing so by the hand of God.

• Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

My beef is with these clowns that put on the travelling circus shows and suck the money and faith out of those who are too blinded by their need to realize that God can heal them by their own simple prayers.

These leeches prey on people's needs and desires. I can only imagine the damage that is caused by those that put on these productions but yet use the money sent to them in faith to pay for their own doctors visits, in addition to their lavish lifestyles.

Kinda just makes me sick.

t.

Anyone who's interested, I highly recommend the movie "Leap of Faith", came out in the mid-1990's. Steve Martin, Debra Winger, Liam Neeson. Steve is a fake faith healer, but a crippled boy gets healed at his meeting nonetheless.

Very profound message in there. :t2:

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  764
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

We don't ever want to limit God in anyway whatsoever. He uses satan, and his devils, and everything else in this universe for His purposes. satan can only imitate what God does. The spiritual realm is satans realm of operations, and he has access to our thoughts. he can't create anything so he tries to alter the thoughts that originate with God for us. You will find him doing everything in his power to alter any principle of God sent to us through our minds just enough to get us to miss the mark. This is important to understand when it comes to the spiritual gifts. If he can get anyone to take credit for, or give credit to anyone other than God for the results of those gifts, he has accomplished his purpose. his ultimate goal is to keep them from becoming a spotless bride, which is what Christ is coming back for. he doesn't care if they have on their wedding garments, if he can get them to spot it or wrinkle it in anyway. Only those who yield totaly to God's will are going to enter that straight narrow gate that takes us to the kingdom.

I have had three miraculous healings in my body, and a couple of deliverances from substance abuse, without withdrawals, so there is no doubt in my mind that the gifts of The Spirit are real, and I have been used to give the same to others. I have a fourth for my body pending, because He informed me that this one was a process, which shows me that God is never limited to how He is going to do anything. It's always, His way, in His time, and by the means He chooses.