nebula

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  261
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

what about this? example......a woman has just excepted Christ into her life......She has no family....no job.......lives with her boyfriend........ok she is just learning things....she knows that her living arrangement is wrong........

:) I think everyone is missing the point.

I'm not asking about how we should respond to this person.

But take this situation. Then add in there a person who basically hits her over the head with a Bible, fire-and-brimstone preaches at her to repent or perish, etc.

You see this, and then turn around and hit this person over the head with a Bible, fire-and-brimstone preach to him or her to repent or perish (for being so unloving).

Are your actions righteous or just as unloving and unmerciful as the person you just confronted?

Yes.......we have to show mercy and love in confronting someone. Its easy to see their faults and flaws. But we have to take in consideration,what point of their walk with Christ are they? But it all should be done in love and merciful........no finger pointing....guiding not shoving.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,345
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1961

Can I propose a case study?

A female member of your church gets a body piercing and a tattoo, and proudly shows it off. One member of your church approaches the woman, and criticises her because they believe that the woman should not have gotten the piercing or tattoo. They believe that God, through the bible, prohibits it, and thus they are well within their right to point this out to the woman. You, on the other hand, see nothing wrong with piercings or tats, and hence believe that the judger is judging erroneously. Do you approach the judger or not.

Yes, I could have used numerous examples here. Don't fight me on whether or not piercings and tats are biblical, I just had to choose something controversial to get my point across.

Would you approach the first judger or not?

I think I would probably give the young lady with the tat and piercing a friendly smile and greeting and ignore the judgmental individual who felt the need to critique something that is done... and now over with. Her criticism won't do any good at this point and also, conversely, your criticism of the woman who judged will also not do any good - I'm in favor of letting the Lord sort it out later... imo.

Case in point believer1997, you are judging the person who thinks tattoos/piercings are sinful as "judgemental", but what if they are right and you are wrong. I have tattoos but when i came to Christ the Spirit of God convicted me of there wrongfulness and demonic origin. I just cannot understand Christians who say they are ok.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  630
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  03/09/1990

It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that is not tolerated even among pagans, for a man has his father's wife. And you are arrogant! Ought you not rather to mourn? Let him who has done this be removed from among you. For though absent in body, I am present in spirit; and as if present, I have already pronounced judgment on the one who did such a thing. When you are assembled in the name of the Lord Jesus and my spirit is present, with the power of our Lord Jesus, you are to deliver this man to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord. Your boasting is not good. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump? Cleanse out the old leaven that you may be a new lump, as you really are unleavened. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed. Let us therefore celebrate the festival, not with the old leaven, the leaven of malice and evil, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth. I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people-- not at all meaning the sexually immoral of this world, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler--not even to eat with such a one. For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge? God judges those outside. "Purge the evil person from among you."

(1 Corinthians 5:1-13 ESV)

Seems there is some judgement we're to pass

yes.........paul was talking to the church at Corinth......but this is the case of a new believer.....do you shut her out?....how else will she learn with no one there to teach her?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

GUYS!!!!!

I'm not talking about judging any and every sin.

I'm talking about judging and criticizing those who jusdge and criticize.

Can't we keep this on topic????!!!!!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  630
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  03/09/1990

GUYS!!!!!

NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

:noidea:

Now, continue.

:huh:

:noidea:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

GUYS!!!!!

It is a hard one to do. First, you discern the spirit of the one who is judging to be of a spirit not of God and you want to help correct them, but if you do, their defense will that you are also judging. There is a way to deal with this, and that would be not to tell them they are wrong in judging, but tell them that you feel that there is something bothering them, that you are concerned and are available if they wish to discuss it. Their first response is to question, to themselves, what is it that you see in them for you to make such a statement. That will take their eye off what they are doing and do a quick inventory, questioning their behavior. After discussing what your brought up, the subject can be linked to judging.

You did not judge them, outright, but shown them concern at the underlying reason ... feelings.

Is this what you were asking for?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  1,345
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1961

GUYS!!!!!

It is common for judgemental people to accuse others of being "holier than thou" or of being judgemental, and we usually see in others what is in us. IMO that is what Jesus meant about" not judging lest we be judged". He wasnt saying not to judge or reprove but to becareful the log in our eye is first removed.

True saints hardly notice the faults of others and usually get taken advantage of as they know that they are not the true loser. Guess ive got a way to go yet.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,083
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Neb, we not only have the right, but also the responsibility to make judgements on the actions of self confessed Christians.

Yes, but I'm specifically referring to the action of judging and criticizing.

It's like when someone complains about compainers.

See the oxymoron?

I see the oxymoron, but I believe it is still the same..... if you think it is hurting that person, it's your duty to point it out to them in a loving way. If that person is a believer also point out how it hurts their testimony when dealing with non believers, and if they are not dealing with non believers, point out that we are commanded to do so at the end of the book of Matthew and other places in scripture.