• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Grace to you,

I can think of two instances off the top of my head where a Prophet and a Saint of God were swept up in the Spirit and saw prophetic visions. One is in Revelation 4 and the other Ezekiel 8. These men were carried away by the Spirit in a vision, however, it is quite clear that they did not leave their bodies nor were they bodily removed.

Could this be what you are describing as a an out of body experience? :whistling:

Peace,

Dave

Yes Dave when I did a search I came up with the same examples, both as we know from God, what is happening here though is something different, and I think we agree that prayer is needed :emot-hug:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

As the world turns more and more toward Satan, if anything that is in Christ can appear to link to anything that is in Satan, the world jumps on it to let everyone know. Here is a "nice" site that discusses Astral Projection. Notice that nothing is mentioned about Christian beliefs pertaining to Astral Projection, but only worldly philosophies. Astral Projection Yes, it is not a completely reliable site, but this is the most neutral site I could find in a quick search.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

I can think of two instances off the top of my head where a Prophet and a Saint of God were swept up in the Spirit and saw prophetic visions. One is in Revelation 4 and the other Ezekiel 8. These men were carried away by the Spirit in a vision, however, it is quite clear that they did not leave their bodies nor were they bodily removed.

Could this be what you are describing as a an out of body experience? :taped:

Peace,

Dave

Yes Dave when I did a search I came up with the same examples, both as we know from God, what is happening here though is something different, and I think we agree that prayer is needed :thumbsup:

Fez,

We agree and I am more concerned with the brothers viewpoint and complete understanding on this issue. Amen prayer is needed. :)

Peace,

Dave

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

Astral projection/out of body experiences generally defined is a seperation of the spiritual body/consciousness into the spiritual dimension including the etheric plane which is the closest to the physical reality in real time. As a christian baptist i've never come across anyone of my faith who has these on-going journeys like myself if they have its only been once or twice.

Ive been having spontaneous out of body experiences since the beginning of the year which

has come through the SLEEP PARALYSIS ive experienced since i was a child. I've been able to walk the earth, visit locations and verify my observations later on and ive been able to visit different spiritual realms. The only difference i can see in my projections and those who induce these experiences which im not sold on is a bad thing, is that my experiences are natural and out of my control. They have brought me closer to God and my walk in Christ. So how many of you would actually have a out of body experience if you could and if you were in my shoes how would you integrate such occurences into your christian worldview?

same thing

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/15/1985

Experiences themselves are not defined by what type of experience is taking place, but the integrity and relationship with christ of the individual who is experiencing. Men in the bible such as john, paul, enoch and ezekiel had experiences and some were undoubtly out of body experiences and the experience itself wasnt challenged, because of why? Because the intregity of these men and their relationship with God was strong and we were sold that these experiences were genuine and God appointed. My premise is you cant advocate a experience itself not being of God based on what type of experience is occuring but what is being shown and how these experiences are affecting the views and beliefs of those experiencing them. So dogmatic one would miss the entire train. Christianity is not soley based on the dogma of it but the spiritual aspects as well, and from strong observation there will always be a division between those who are privileged to experience the mysteries and profoundness of God in a supernatural sense and those who have never had experiences as such. All those who dont have manifestations of our supernatural God in their lives have is their word and they are only capable of seeing the lord through text while others can incorporate another element of life and perspective through the such experiences alongside scripture.

Experiences themselves are not defined by what type of experience is taking place, but the integrity and relationship with christ of the individual who is experiencing. Men in the bible such as john, paul, enoch and ezekiel had experiences and some were undoubtly out of body experiences and the experience itself wasnt challenged, because of why? Because the intregity of these men and their relationship with God was strong and we were sold that these experiences were genuine and God appointed. My premise is you cant advocate a experience itself not being of God based on what type of experience is occuring but what is being shown and how these experiences are affecting the views and beliefs of those experiencing them. So dogmatic one would miss the entire train. Christianity is not soley based on the dogma of it but the spiritual aspects as well, and from strong observation there will always be a division between those who are privileged to experience the mysteries and profoundness of God in a supernatural sense and those who have never had experiences as such. All those who dont have manifestations of our supernatural God in their lives have is their word and they are only capable of seeing the lord through text while others can incorporate another element of life and perspective through the such experiences alongside scripture.

There is a huge difference between God moving you in the spirit and astral projection or lucid dreaming. It is very sad that people are so quick to accept every single spiritual experience as being from God. Not all are. We are to test the spirit for even Satan can come as an angle of light ... never forget this. When God moves one in the spirit, there is a reason and a message from Him. This is not the case in astral projection or lucid dreaming. The two are not the same, no matter how much you want to believe or convince others!!!

Whenever God moves someone, be it in the spirit, giving them visions or dreams, there is always a message to them from God.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/15/1985

There is a huge difference between God moving you in the spirit and astral projection or lucid dreaming. It is very sad that people are so quick to accept every single spiritual experience as being from God. Not all are. We are to test the spirit for even Satan can come as an angle of light ... never forget this. When God moves one in the spirit, there is a reason and a message from Him. This is not the case in astral projection or lucid dreaming. The two are not the same, no matter how much you want to believe or convince others!!!

Whenever God moves someone, be it in the spirit, giving them visions or dreams, there is always a message to them from God.

Its not my duty to convince anyone of anything so thats irrevelant. The convincing is something Christ would have to rest on the hearts of others. My projections are not lingering around visiting the sleeping humans of the world. When I have spontaneous projections I am seen specific things and being told specific things. Human beings dont have the capacity to really discern anything especially spiritual experiences, because of the fear and very orthodox approach to such matters. Its almost as if christians fearful of spiritual manifestations of any kind. Some people are quick to accept any experience as being from God which is very naive and ignorant and could open doors to very misfortunate circumstances, but I am not one of them. Ive only know what I've done to discern whats happening to me. You say there are not the same by what standards, and who's authority?

Its not my duty to convince anyone of anything so thats irrevelant. The convincing is something Christ would have to rest on the hearts of others. My projections are not lingering around visiting the sleeping humans of the world. When I have spontaneous projections I am seen specific things and being told specific things. Human beings dont have the capacity to really discern anything especially spiritual experiences, because of the fear and very orthodox approach to such matters. Its almost as if christians fearful of spiritual manifestations of any kind. Some people are quick to accept any experience as being from God which is very naive and ignorant and could open doors to very misfortunate circumstances, but I am not one of them. Ive only know what I've done to discern whats happening to me. You say there are not the same by what standards, and who's authority?

Scripture. This is not the first time you have spoken of your experiences. In post #8, you quote the NIV "to another miraculous powers". The NIV is a paraphrased version of the scripture. The KJV and ASB states "working of miracles" and the NASB puts it "effecting of miracles". Miracles are not astral projection or lucid dreaming. Your understanding and reason to believe are false from the get go if you are believing you have "miraculous powers". Learn about the miracles they did and you will know what this gift means.

When I addressed your question in the thread Gifts From God, you claim your experience as being like prophesy. Astral Projection or Lucid Dreaming is not prophesy either.

Lately, you have been saying that you have no choice if you have this experience or not, that the Lord takes you, yet, you stated before int eh thread Atrtral Projection, is it wrong?, you say you do. "Astral projection is a matter of wrong or right its a matter of do i want to or not."

You come here talking about New Age beliefs, asking our opinion, and when we tell you the truth, you argue, stating the following: I personally dont know of any scripture, but this man being I doesnt have a will of myself Ive completly surrendered myself over to christ and only he knows in what way this will be a learning tool for myself and others. In due time the truth of the matter will surface and it will be a UNDENIABLE TRUTH!

It seems like you are looking for someone to believe that you are special in Christ, given another UNDENIABLE TRUTH besides scripture. When I made a statement that your teachings are false, you reply you are not teaching, yet, you come here trying to teach that Astral Project is of God. It is not, period.

I pray that you leave this false teaching and find the truth in His word. Stop trying to make His word what it is not.

Peace,

Alan

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  234
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  06/16/1978

I have to agree with Alan here.

I think you should pray and ask the Holy Spirit for the gift of discernement of spirits. Because astral projection is one of the ways in which "other spirits" play with you and gradually will exercise their influence. I know what I am talking about as I used to do these kinds of things and even more...

Just pray and God will deliver you from these experiences.

With love in Christ.

PRAY!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

In agreement with Alan (OneLight.)

He is speaking the Truth to you found in the Scriptures.

If we look to find truth outside of the Word of God or wrangle the Word, Satan's standing by, looking to give you a really big show.

It is not as you said "a learning tool for myself and others."

It is in fact a New Age lie...

If you are a Born Again Believer through the Lord Jesus Christ, repent of this sin and ask Him to cleanse you by His blood from these demonic "out takes."

1828 Webster's Dictionary on "Repent"

REPENT',

1. To feel pain, sorrow or regret for something done or spoken; as, to repent that we have lost much time in idleness or sensual pleasure; to repent that we have injured or wounded the feelings of a friend. A person repents only of what he himself has done or said.

2. To express sorrow for something past.

3. To change the mind in consequence of the inconvenience or injury done by past conduct.

Lest peradventure the people repent when they see war, and they return. Exo 13.

4. Applied to the Supreme Being, to change the course of providential dealings. Gen 6. Psa 106.

5. IN THEOLOGY, to sorrow or be pained for sin, as a violation of God's holy law, a dishonor to his character and government, and the foulest ingratitude to a Being of infinite benevolence.

Except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish. Luke 13. Acts 3.