• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/15/1985

Astral projection/out of body experiences generally defined is a seperation of the spiritual body/consciousness into the spiritual dimension including the etheric plane which is the closest to the physical reality in real time. As a christian baptist i've never come across anyone of my faith who has these on-going journeys like myself if they have its only been once or twice.

Ive been having spontaneous out of body experiences since the beginning of the year which

has come through the SLEEP PARALYSIS ive experienced since i was a child. I've been able to walk the earth, visit locations and verify my observations later on and ive been able to visit different spiritual realms. The only difference i can see in my projections and those who induce these experiences which im not sold on is a bad thing, is that my experiences are natural and out of my control. They have brought me closer to God and my walk in Christ. So how many of you would actually have a out of body experience if you could and if you were in my shoes how would you integrate such occurences into your christian worldview?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  519
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  04/28/1980

If you cant control them, then I would say that God has something to do with it. I dont believe in induciong this things right or wrong its too New age for me. Iam traditional I dont need to try to put myself in a trance.

If you cant control them, then I would say that God has something to do with it. I dont believe in induciong this things right or wrong its too New age for me. Iam traditional I dont need to try to put myself in a trance.

Ive been thinking the samething. Ive never induced a o.b.e but because the insight that comes out of experiences like that i dont really know if there would be anything wrong with someone inducing them, with everything you have to make a effort with rather its going to church, praying, making the right choices, so why should these experiences be any different. In the earlier years of christianity christian mystics and seers of the church would induce these experiences to gain spiritual enlightment, but the church deemed it to high of a spiritual gift and only the prophets of the church could engage in such activity.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  19

Ive been thinking the samething. Ive never induced a o.b.e but because the insight that comes out of experiences like that i dont really know if there would be anything wrong with someone inducing them, with everything you have to make a effort with rather its going to church, praying, making the right choices, so why should these experiences be any different. In the earlier years of christianity christian mystics and seers of the church would induce these experiences to gain spiritual enlightment, but the church deemed it to high of a spiritual gift and only the prophets of the church could engage in such activity.

Grace to you,

Please unpack your thought process scripturally with references for us. :taped:

Peace,

Dave

Yes I do not know of any scripture that talks about inducing trances, or inducing out of body experiences. I would stay away from doing so. Many early Christians were gnostic a break away sect from traditional Christianity that practiced many things that were not of God, such as angel, worship divination, phycic abilities. The Cannon our bible was put together to lay a standard and to stay away from these secular christian groups, that mostly arose out of egypt. They mixed Christianity with alot of there old Egyption traditions, that included the believe in many gods. Aslo some people believe phycoldelic drugs brings them closer to god but in reality they are just pouriong water over a painting.

Yes I do not know of any scripture that talks about inducing trances, or inducing out of body experiences. I would stay away from doing so. Many early Christians were gnostic a break away sect from traditional Christianity that practiced many things that were not of God, such as angel, worship divination, phycic abilities. The Cannon our bible was put together to lay a standard and to stay away from these secular christian groups, that mostly arose out of egypt. They mixed Christianity with alot of there old Egyption traditions, that included the believe in many gods. Aslo some people believe phycoldelic drugs brings them closer to god but in reality they are just pouriong water over a painting.

Biblical scripture doesnt talk specifically about inducing trances or out of body experiences specifically, but fasting is a form of seeking and inducing a enlightment of some sort from God. Everytime i've fast and tooken my awareness from this reality but completly focused on God for whatever reason i've had O.B.E's as a result from being so disattached during those periods from physical reality. I dont induce my experiences, they come natural to me i just wonder why people get so defensive when these kinds of experiences occur with other people of the same faith, esp. when the bible undenialably is filled with transcendent experiences of all kind by the same people of christian faith.

I dont know, Christ must be the center you may have some kind of gift. I do know that many churches dwell on these things. I donot think that is good. Mostly from the far left of the charasmatic circle. I am also charasmatic/pentecostal and believe in the workings of the Gigts of the Spirit in todays world. I do know that Astral Projection is not one of them.

I dont know, Christ must be the center you may have some kind of gift. I do know that many churches dwell on these things. I donot think that is good. Mostly from the far left of the charasmatic circle. I am also charasmatic/pentecostal and believe in the workings of the Gigts of the Spirit in todays world. I do know that Astral Projection is not one of them.

1 Cor 12:1-31 (NIV) Now about spiritual gifts, brothers, I do not want you to be ignorant... There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit... There are different kinds of working, but the same God works all of them in all men. Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. To one there is given through the Spirit the message of wisdom, to another the message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues. All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he gives them to each one, just as he determines. The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; and though all its parts are many, they form one body. So it is with Christ...

Arent we as believers suppose to believe that God can work in many different ways? The word says that god works in mysterious ways, that noway imply's that we are suppose to understand his way but just accept that he works in this way. When the word says like up above that people will work in the miraculous i wouldnt place out of body experiences outside of that, because when i hear the word miraculous i would think things like O.B.E's are displays of the miraculous.

miraculous powers, can meen anything to anyone. while I see that you are trying to make your argument. I am farily traditional. If you feel it is from God than you should have full faith and confidence and a right mind in doing these things. I can not say Astral projection is sin full, I realy dont no that much about it. I just know that the people who have had experiences in the bible never induced it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

1 Cor 12:1-31 (NIV) Now about spiritual gifts, brothers, I do not want you to be ignorant... There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit... There are different kinds of working, but the same God works all of them in all men. Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. To one there is given through the Spirit the message of wisdom, to another the message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues. All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he gives them to each one, just as he determines. The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; and though all its parts are many, they form one body. So it is with Christ...

Arent we as believers suppose to believe that God can work in many different ways? The word says that god works in mysterious ways, that noway imply's that we are suppose to understand his way but just accept that he works in this way. When the word says like up above that people will work in the miraculous i wouldnt place out of body experiences outside of that, because when i hear the word miraculous i would think things like O.B.E's are displays of the miraculous.

Astral Projection is not what miracles are. You are trying to make scripture fit into your experience and not looking at your experiences through scripture.

The NIV is a weak translation. Look at the same scripture in other versions.

1 Corinthians 12:4-11 (New King James Version)

There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord. And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all. But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all: for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit, to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.

1 Corinthians 12:4-11 (New American Standard Bible)

Now there are (A)varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit. And there are varieties of ministries, and the same Lord. There are varieties of effects, but the same God who works all things in all persons. But to each one is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good. For to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, and to another the word of knowledge according to the same Spirit; to another faith by the same Spirit, and to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit, and to another the effecting of miracles, and to another prophecy, and to another the distinguishing of spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, and to another the interpretation of tongues. But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually just as He wills.

1 Corinthians 12:4-11 (King James Version)

Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord. And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all. But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

The NIV gives the wrong impression when they say "to another miraculous powers". The power to perform these miracles comes from God and will never go against His word. Do a search on the internet and you will see that only New Age, mystics and occultist use Astral Projection. This is not a gift from God.