• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/11/1966

A few hours ago this was on Sky News

A couple who watched their daughter die as they prayed for her to get better - instead of getting medical help - have been jailed.

Madeline Neumann, 11, died on the floor while her parents Dale, 47, and Leilani, 41, surrounded her with members of a prayer group.

The little girl had become so weak she could no longer eat, speak, drink or walk.

The parents, from Wisconsin, America, were each sentenced to six months in jail after being convicted of second-degree reckless homicide.

End of quote.

Brethren,

We ALL need to put them in our prayers for I believe that they trusted all their hope in God. God alone knows what happened and why he allowed this to happen. If after 6 months they leave the faith we must NOT judge them to have been insincere in their belief and repentance. There is a saying that goes like this: He who feels it knows it. In reference to pain.

If you read the full story you will see that they are believers but God remains God regardless. After 6 months will they still stand? If not will they lose their salvation? My prayer is that after 6 months they come out stronger but they are humans not the Almighty.

Pray we must pray for them.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

I am praying for their little girl who suffered needlessly. I know their faith is strong - but God has given us the means and the medicine to cure diseases like diabetes... they could have still prayed, but allowed her to be treated for a condition that is no longer a death sentence and can be treated.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  519
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  04/28/1980

There is a quote that goes something like this "You can have all the faith in the world, but I still bet you look both ways before crossing a busy street". Common sense its a good thing.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  261
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

There is a quote that goes something like this "You can have all the faith in the world, but I still bet you look both ways before crossing a busy street". Common sense its a good thing.

:thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

I know their faith is strong - but God has given us the means and the medicine to cure diseases like diabetes... they could have still prayed, but allowed her to be treated for a condition that is no longer a death sentence and can be treated.

I agree with this. Terrible, tragic situation that could have been prevented. But God bless their trusting hearts. They meant no harm.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  40
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  09/13/1987

A few hours ago this was on Sky News

A couple who watched their daughter die as they prayed for her to get better - instead of getting medical help - have been jailed.

Madeline Neumann, 11, died on the floor while her parents Dale, 47, and Leilani, 41, surrounded her with members of a prayer group.

The little girl had become so weak she could no longer eat, speak, drink or walk.

The parents, from Wisconsin, America, were each sentenced to six months in jail after being convicted of second-degree reckless homicide.

End of quote.

Brethren,

We ALL need to put them in our prayers for I believe that they trusted all their hope in God. God alone knows what happened and why he allowed this to happen. If after 6 months they leave the faith we must NOT judge them to have been insincere in their belief and repentance. There is a saying that goes like this: He who feels it knows it. In reference to pain.

If you read the full story you will see that they are believers but God remains God regardless. After 6 months will they still stand? If not will they lose their salvation? My prayer is that after 6 months they come out stronger but they are humans not the Almighty.

Pray we must pray for them.

I totally disagree with what they did. Look i'm a Pentecosal Christian, and i more than anyone believe in miraculous healing ( cause we're the ones who rant about it so much), but what happened there was uncalled for, they should have immediately called the ambulance and got her medical care and prayer for her too. I'm not condeming their faith but God has given us wisdom about various medicines and illnesses and so many other stuff. I dont agree in the concept of not taking medicine. but having said that, i also believe in the power of healing too and all people should always pray b4 anything

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  630
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  03/09/1990

Ya, God won't overlook their faith- but God has provided clear-cut methods for dealing with sickness already... so this was just an issue of common sense/wisdom... poor girl, at least she's a LOT happier now

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  415
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/02/1945

Some people can be so stubborn about what they believe that God would have to nearly knock them in the head to get them to use their common sense. It is a tragedy about the child dying, and I do believe they should have taken her to the doctor immediately. It seems that I post a lot of stories here, but I've lived longer than most of you guys. I had a very dear friend whose mother was into this "name it and claim it stuff", (no offense to anyone, but you CAN get ridiculous about it sometimes). Her mother got gangerene in her leg and refused to go to the doctor. She would let us pray, but she was determined God was going to heal her. She would not allow her leg to be taken off when it turned black, but kept confessing that she was healed. Well, faith is a verb and the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. There was never any evidence that her leg got better, it was never was healed, sad to say and she died, still refusing to see a doctor. It seemed on the surface that the woman had a great deal of faith, but maybe she just had faith in her faith. ????? The situation did not glorify God in the slightest, like the situation with the 11 year old daughter. I also had a very close friend that did the same thing with cancer and she died, still believing God would heal her. She did make use of the doctors, but they couldn't save her. I know God understands, and he loves his children. But I don't know what to think about it.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I am praying for their little girl who suffered needlessly. I know their faith is strong - but God has given us the means and the medicine to cure diseases like diabetes... they could have still prayed, but allowed her to be treated for a condition that is no longer a death sentence and can be treated.

Amen believer, amen, and they need prayer as well, they really need to see the light, and the Jesus that I know, and you know!

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

:thumbsup: Believer, I can't even stand to know the pain that child when through. Yet, I must pray for her parents, who must lack enough of wisdom and understanding to know that God had provided a means to help in the healing of their daughter. But, I must admit, I'm having a tough time, ... how could they watch their child waste away...........praying..jotful

Edited by jotful