• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

when God gives you children - you protect them and use the tools available to you to help them get well. There was no reason why that child had to die of an illness that is so easily treated. God gives us many blessings - and medical science to treat many illnesses has progressed by the Grace of God.

Dear believer -

All I am saying is, "There but for the grace of God go I."

It applies to the Believers as much as to the Sinners.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

when God gives you children - you protect them and use the tools available to you to help them get well. There was no reason why that child had to die of an illness that is so easily treated. God gives us many blessings - and medical science to treat many illnesses has progressed by the Grace of God.

Dear believer -

All I am saying is, "There but for the grace of God go I."

It applies to the Believers as much as to the Sinners.

Oh, ok. I didn't get that from your previous comments ... In any case, I give you much more credit for trusting God AND having the responsibility and common sense to seek medical assistance as part of being an informed parent.

• Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

These people were Christians. They perhaps truly believed in their hearts that this little girl would be healed. Why is that wrong? In my eyes, that is admirable, as I am sure it is in God's eyes as well. Though tragic and preventable, these seem to be very trusting Christians. Do not pray for their daughter. The Lord has instructed us not to pray for the dead. Pray for the parents who are alive and in need right now.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

These people were Christians. They perhaps truly believed in their hearts that this little girl would be healed. Why is that wrong? In my eyes, that is admirable, as I am sure it is in God's eyes as well. Though tragic and preventable, these seem to be very trusting Christians. Do not pray for their daughter. The Lord has instructed us not to pray for the dead. Pray for the parents who are alive and in need right now.

Amen.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

Considering what happened I wonder if maybe the prents weren't comfortable with injecting synthetic hormone into their daughter. Some people don't believe in treatments like that. I am praying for the parents.

• Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

None are so blind as those who refuse to see.

What do you mean by this?

This was a misuse of our freedom of will, the child was killed by her own parents, there can be no excuse for this type of fanaticism. It is as we can see deadly.

Do you know their hearts?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  519
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  04/28/1980

I agree Soldier, This was not an admirable deed, this was neglect. When you have healing form a doctor within your reach and choose to test God, I wouldnt do that. give them 10 years to think about it maybe god will magicly open there prison doors. Or maybe they can be humbled and learn a huge lesson from this.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  01/11/1966

I attended a conference one day where a speaker (a Pastor) said:

The only soldiers that leave their injured behind and sometimes help kill them are Christian soldiers. Those of the world carry their injured.

My heart bled for i saw what he was talking about. I am seeing here in some.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  415
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/02/1945

In my eyes, that is admirable, as I am sure it is in God's eyes as well.

None are so blind as those who refuse to see.

This was a misuse of our freedom of will, the child was killed by her own parents, there can be no excuse for this type of fanaticism. It is as we can see deadly.

You know, I have to agree these parents and the group just were not using wisdom their faith may just have been in their "faith". There is a diffference. I cannot fathom Jesus Christ in his days on earth asking his heavenly father to heal a person and it not happening.

There are people in the pentecostal realm that handle poisonous snakes and many of them are bitten and die. They used the scripture that "you shall take up serpents and they shall not harm them" or something like that because of the experience of Paul the apostle. Most of realize that the people that believe this doctrine are not using wisdom. I did not say they were unsaved, the blood of Jesus covers them just like us. A funny story - a country preacher from North Carolina (true story, I knew the man), early in his ministry was asked to preach at a pentecostal church stuck way out in the sticks. Before he got to the pulpit, the pastor brought out a basket of poisonous snakes and handed them out to whoever wanted one. The young minister was scared to death....he said one real sweet old granny had a snake on each arm, joyfully dancing around, thanking God and praising him. He said, I looked for a back door, but there wasn't one. Somehow he got through the crowd of people and snakes and made a dash for the door. To me this is another example of christian people without wisdom. That said, I will pray for the parents of the little girl.

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

Faith with out works.....

faith has also to have some type of action with it...... Jesus said Get up, pick up your bed and go home.... .had the man not gotten up, he would have laid there much much longer...... he still had to do something....

Nahum had to do something to be cleansed of leprosy, he had to go bath in the Jordon..... 7 times..

faith is good....

the woman with issues had faith, but the faith alone did not heal her, she knew she had to do something, she reached out and broke the law, not just once but twice, for she was unclean and she was in public then she went and almost contaminated another to make them unclean.... but she knew she had to do something,,,, even if it was just to touch the hem of Christ's garment...