• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I agree Soldier, This was not an admirable deed, this was neglect. When you have healing form a doctor within your reach and choose to test God, I wouldnt do that. give them 10 years to think about it maybe god will magicly open there prison doors. Or maybe they can be humbled and learn a huge lesson from this.

You see - this is what I don't get.

How is praying and seeking the Lord for healing "neglect"?

And how was it testing God to rely on Him rather than man?

If you want to get mad at them for being misguided, deceived, whatever - fine.

But to accuse them of being callous, evil, etc. (and this IS the impression I am getting from several of these posts) is no better.

I know what it's like to desire the hand of God so bad that I went to some unwise extremes. Condemnation was the last thing I needed - in fact, it only drove me towards nearly having my faith and my life destroyed.

They need our prayers for deliverance, wisdom, understanding, truth, etc. I'd bet you almost anything that behind their confident words of trusting God, inside they are nagged with, "Why?" and "Were we not faithful?" and/or other such questions of fear.

Is it your desire for them to be handed over to demons, or to walk with the Lord in true faith and not connived faith?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

How is praying and seeking the Lord for healing "neglect"?

Amen.

• Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

A few hours ago this was on Sky News

A couple who watched their daughter die as they prayed for her to get better - instead of getting medical help - have been jailed.

Madeline Neumann, 11, died on the floor while her parents Dale, 47, and Leilani, 41, surrounded her with members of a prayer group.

The little girl had become so weak she could no longer eat, speak, drink or walk.

The parents, from Wisconsin, America, were each sentenced to six months in jail after being convicted of second-degree reckless homicide.

End of quote.

Brethren,

We ALL need to put them in our prayers for I believe that they trusted all their hope in God. God alone knows what happened and why he allowed this to happen. If after 6 months they leave the faith we must NOT judge them to have been insincere in their belief and repentance. There is a saying that goes like this: He who feels it knows it. In reference to pain.

If you read the full story you will see that they are believers but God remains God regardless. After 6 months will they still stand? If not will they lose their salvation? My prayer is that after 6 months they come out stronger but they are humans not the Almighty.

Pray we must pray for them.

"Faith" healers, misguiding so many. They are so bad, leading many away from the Lord. I dare called them false prophets.

Do they not remember that even Jesus used medicine to heal the sick at times? Just what was it HE was doing when he spit in the eyes of the Blind Man. And made clay to rub on the eyes of another.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  519
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/28/1980

Ill tell you why its neglectfull, because you have doctors there that could have saved her. Ill tell you why it is testing God because God gave us the ability through medicine to heal ourselves of various illnesses and to not use what God has given right in front of your face, and demand him to do something else is testing. I have mercy on these parents as I do believe they were thinking they were doing the right thing, instead they put God to the test, they were ignorant and deserve to be prosecuted.

Also you could have a dog and leave it outside in the cold and pray God will keep it warm. You would still get ticketed or arrested for animal neglect, how much worse this to happen to a child.

Do they not remember that even Jesus used medicine to heal the sick at times?

Huh? When?

Just what was it HE was doing when he spit in the eyes of the Blind Man. And made clay to rub on the eyes of another.

I have no idea - but I fail to see how spittle or spit and mud have any medicinal qualities to them. :blink:

You guys must be so blessed to have no idea what it's like to be deceived or lost or trying to figure out faith.

:blink:

these parents were not deceived unless it by themselves.

And that's just how I've been treated by others.

I have been lost and very decieved in the past, and maybe even today for I humble accept my faults and do want to learn from them. What these parents did was criminal, I am not a big fan of doctors, but if I feel something is wrong with me then I am going to go get checked out. Of course being a man of faith I will be trusting in God. I believe science and faith go hand in hand. The earth and creation is the mind of God. We use science to are advantage many of the medical discoveries throughout history can only be classified as mirricles, if you will.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  01/11/1966

Judges of fellow believers,

tell me, have any of you read this "stupid" act of this woman.

2Ki 4:19 And he said to his father, My head, my head! And he said to a lad, Carry him to his mother.

2Ki 4:20 And he carried him and brought him to his mother. And he sat on her knees until noon and died.

2Ki 4:21 And she went up and laid him on the bed of the man of God, and shut the door on him and went out.

I call it "stupid" because I want to believe that is what it would have been called was she living amongst us today by most who have contributed to this thread. Sure, what proof do you all have that the girl would have lived if she was taken to hospital on day one? What you are saying is that life and death is not in the hands of God but Doctors and medicine. Your fellow believer puts his faith and trust in God and God's answer we do not know but that the child died we then say they were foolish?

As for me, I do not find ANYTHING wrong with their act. They trusted God and God just did not not give them what they wanted, sorry but that is the reality of God. David fasted but his son died.

Trust in medicine because the knowledge is from God, you will be the same ones who will say I (being African) is being evil if I go to a herbalist who uses roots straight from the bush. I would say but Jesus used mud and spit, you would that was Jesus. So for I, an African who knows that African medicine works, must I go to the herbalist also?

I know I shall be condemned unless it was "white" medicine. Yet they all come from the same trees.

Please! Please! Christians, what would Jesus have said about these parents if he was here now and not in the spirit or what is he saying about these parents?

"Foolish of you to trust in me, you should have gone to the doctors, I gave them knowledge"

In what must we then believe in Jesus? Is he the ALL MIGHTY or he is mighty in some? Others, hmm he has ambassadors called doctors.

My heart bleeds.