• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

If life and death is in the hands of God, how could the parent's actions or iactions have changed that?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/11/1966

If life and death is in the hands of God, how could the parent's actions or iactions have changed that?

In fact Neb, if that child had been healed the same ones condemning the parents would have praised their faith and called them parents of great faith. Life and death is not in our hands but God. Even if that child would have been taken to the hospital, no one here knows for certain that that child would have lived. suppose her time to be taken by the owner of life and death had come?

As do I, having a deep and abiding faith in our Lord and Savior is paramount, but doesn't take away from the knowledge and ability of trained medical professionals.

Are you trying to convince me or rebuke the two people that will never read your words?

I'm not saying they were right or justified. I'm just saying that casting stones won't solve anything.

As many times as Jesus spoke about mercy, grace, and forgiveness - why is this the hardest lesson for Christians to learn and apply?

Why do we love to judge each other so much?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  01/11/1966

As do I, having a deep and abiding faith in our Lord and Savior is paramount, but doesn't take away from the knowledge and ability of trained medical professionals.

Are you trying to convince me or rebuke the two people that will never read your words?

I'm not saying they were right or justified. I'm just saying that casting stones won't solve anything.

As many times as Jesus spoke about mercy, grace, and forgiveness - why is this the hardest lesson for Christians to learn and apply?

Why do we love to judge each other so much?

because Nebula, Christian soldiers are the only ones that will leave their injured fellow Christians to suffer for their action (good or bad) without lifting them. Welcome to the faith. That is why I avoid being called a Christian although I have surrendered to the Lordship of Jesus over my life.

it is in situations like these when you see the true colors. They show were their faith weights. More to trusting in man than God.

No matter what points you bring forward to say that, "I believe in God and wisdom this wisdom that......" you have judged the fellow believer who put all his faith in God than man.

Jesus said: Judge not, that you may not be judged. Mat 7:1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  828
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  12/28/1980

God sends us medical doctors and surgeons as answer to our prayers. Why does everyone think God only answers prayers through a flash of lightning and a puff of smoke and we are healed. And now a child has died because the parents needed to test God - here we go I'll jump off a building and pray that God catches me-

How could Eve have been deceived by the serpent?

How could Abraham have taken Hagar as a concubine?

How could Rebekkah and Jacob have conspired against Isaac and Esau?

How could the Israelites in the desert not have trusted the Lord to provide for them this time even though He provided every other time before?

How could Ahab have not repented?

How could the Jews have not recognized their own Messiah when He came?

Deception is deception is deception. And Satan is much better at the "game" than us.

You think that because your "oops"'s in life are no where near as bad as theirs that it justifies mocking their veiled eyes?

Anybody that would try to justify the killing of this child by their parents is saying that God gifting upon some of us the desire and knowledge to heal is a mistake on His part.

I'm not justifying their actions.

I'm saying - what gives us the right to judge? To throw stones? To not have mercy on those who have been deceived by Satan? To consider ourselves better than them?

That is why I avoid being called a Christian although I have surrendered to the Lordship of Jesus over my life.

it is in situations like these when you see the true colors. They show were their faith weights. More to trusting in man than God.

Actually, Abusa . . . that kind of attitude is the same spirit of judgment you are rejecting in others.

Seeing evil shouldn't be so much about getting mad at as interceding for others about.

Doesn't anyone get this? :noidea:

A needlessly dead child, that not only gives us the right, but the duty to do so.

If you were the judge or on the jury - or somehow acquainted with the people . . . sure I'd be all for rebuking them to their faces.

But here on the Board?

What life is it bringing?

I'd rather pray they be delivered form the deception and false thinking than growing coarse yealling, "Sinner! sinner!"

Ok, I'm typing very slowly this time. This is not about faith, this is about hubris of two people causing the death of an innocent.

Was it intentional? Purposeful? The goal?