IGNORED

The Rapture (A Word Study)

Nebuchadnezzar

Guest bearjr7

YES I Believe a rapture will happen! But when will it take place? There's no sure way of knowing! Could be maybe before or after or during the great tributlation!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bear, there is a way of knowing.  For many years I was taught the Bible never says when the rapture will occur, but II Thessalonians 2 clearly states when it will occur, "With regard to the coming of our L-rd Yeshua HaMessiach (Jesus Christ) and our gathering to Him,...Let no one in any way deceive you, for it will NOT come unless the apostacy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, ... displaying himself as being G-d."  I hope this helps.  If you have any other questions or comments, i will be happy to speak with you.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Yes but it never says we will stay here. :) According to Psalms, we will leave before the final days.

Judy

I don't understand what you mean, red.  Please explain.  Since our gathering to the L-rd won't happen until the antichrist reveals himself in the temple, then where will we stay if not here?

Personally I think it is clear in these verses about when.

Matthew 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

Matthew 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Matthew 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

First of all there is only ONE second coming.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Jesus will step out of the eastern sky and rapture His children up out of here. At the end of the tribulation periord He will return for everyone to see and will set His feet back on the earth. The first time,during the rapture, noone but His children will see Him or hear Him. The unsaved will only hear thunder.

RW

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Wow! Some really powerful stuff! I would love to hear more opinions on when the rapture will happen. Thanks!

Elena believes in one second coming, and rw believes in 2.  I will speak to Elena first.  Elena, since you know He is only coming physically into our hemisphere one more time, let me point out Revelations 19 which does say when He is coming back and also Zecharriah 14.  In both scriptures, it shows the Messiah returning during the last and great battle.

RW- II Thessalonians 2 specifically says that our gathering unto Him will not happen until the man of lawlessness is revealed. Then the passage goes on to say when he will be revealed, "And then that lawless one will be revealed whom the L-rd will slay with the breath of His mouth and bring to an end by the appearance of His coming."  

Also, can anyone tell me how many last trumpets there are?

One thing is for sure, if the post tribbers are wrong, well, they'll get a nice surprise but if the pre tribbers are wrong, they're in big trouble.:halo: