• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I am not worried about this flu, as I do not worry about it any other year. I try to trust in God.

As do I. Unfortunately, a lot of people are being tested right now. Not just unbelievers are panicking but believers as well.

You said earlier that you were looking for scripture about this worry you have. This is long but perhaps it will help :emot-handshake:

Mat 6:25 "That's why I'm telling you to stop worrying about your life-what you will eat or what you will drink-or about your body-what you will wear. Life is more than food, isn't it, and the body more than clothing? Mat 6:26 Look at the birds in the sky. They don't plant or harvest or gather food into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. You are more valuable than they are, aren't you?

Mat 6:27 Can any of you add a single hour to your span of life by worrying?

Mat 6:28 And why do you worry about clothes? Consider the lilies in the field and how they grow. They don't work or spin yarn,

Mat 6:29 but I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was clothed like one of them.

Mat 6:30 Now if that is the way God clothes the grass in the field, which is alive today and thrown into an oven tomorrow, won't he clothe you much better-you who have little faith?

Mat 6:31 "So don't ever worry by saying, 'What are we going to eat?' or 'What are we going to drink?' or 'What are we going to wear?'

Mat 6:32 For it is the gentiles who are eager for all those things. Surely your heavenly Father knows that you need all of them!

Mat 6:33 But first be concerned about God's kingdom and his righteousness, and all of these things will be provided for you as well.

Mat 6:34 So never worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

Mat 6:25 "That's why I'm telling you to stop worrying about your life-what you will eat or what you will drink-or about your body-what you will wear. Life is more than food, isn't it, and the body more than clothing? Mat 6:26 Look at the birds in the sky. They don't plant or harvest or gather food into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. You are more valuable than they are, aren't you?

Mat 6:27 Can any of you add a single hour to your span of life by worrying?

Mat 6:28 And why do you worry about clothes? Consider the lilies in the field and how they grow. They don't work or spin yarn,

Mat 6:29 but I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was clothed like one of them.

Mat 6:30 Now if that is the way God clothes the grass in the field, which is alive today and thrown into an oven tomorrow, won't he clothe you much better-you who have little faith?

Mat 6:31 "So don't ever worry by saying, 'What are we going to eat?' or 'What are we going to drink?' or 'What are we going to wear?'

Mat 6:32 For it is the gentiles who are eager for all those things. Surely your heavenly Father knows that you need all of them!

Mat 6:33 But first be concerned about God's kingdom and his righteousness, and all of these things will be provided for you as well.

Mat 6:34 So never worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

I found this one last night. Thanks for posting it. :emot-handshake:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Here's a passage I often turn to in times of trouble, and when I am sick. Paul meant for it to be read in times of persecution I think, (he was in jail, or under house arrest at the time), but it gives me comfort nonetheless

Rom 5:3 More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance,

Rom 5:4 and endurance produces character, and character produces hope,

Rom 5:5 and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

Rom 5:6 For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly.

Rom 5:7 For one will scarcely die for a righteous person--though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die--

Rom 5:8 but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Rom 5:9 Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God.

Imagine Paul - "stop preaching this word or we will lock you up again!" - "oh would you mind, I was just about to convert half your jail"

"We are telling you, stop or we will kill you!", "oh OK, I have always said I can't make my mind up if I want to be here, or with Jesus, so please make up your minds" :emot-handshake:

Blessings

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

BTW, if you do get the flu, the main fighting tool you have is a rise in your temperature...... the more feaver reducing medication you take, the longer you'll be sick. Up to 103 or so, just let it go, and you'll be well sooner.

Are you a Doctor or nurse?

That would be my question also, Parker. Some doctors advise "sweating it out" - some, who treat chronic illnesses - or small children - are a bit more cautious when fever runs for awhile at 102 or above. I've seen kids convulse at 103 and I've seen one run around the office with 105 - it depends on the individual.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

BTW, if you do get the flu, the main fighting tool you have is a rise in your temperature...... the more feaver reducing medication you take, the longer you'll be sick. Up to 103 or so, just let it go, and you'll be well sooner.

Blessings, Parker

I am a medical professional; fever is actually your body's number one defense mechanism in killing off virus and bacteria ...as your fever rises, your body produces more white blood cells known as macrophages which actually destroy viruses and bacteria, so naturally, if you take a fever reducing agent, you lessen your body's own natural immune system defenses to fight off disease producing agents; but I will not give any medical advice on-line. If one has any concerns about health related problems, see your own doctor. With that said, I'd like to share a couple of articles with you and any interested others for consideration regarding fever reducing agents and the flu:

Do Not Kill a Fever: Fever Kills Viruses

(NaturalNews) Have you been influenced by modern allopathic medicine's obsession with lowering fever? Has this been a concern of yours? Ever since the turn of the 20th century, using drugs to lower fevers has been standard operating procedure for most allopathic medicine practitioners. Take two aspirins and call me in the morning was a common medical humor gag throughout the 1950's.

Aspirin type medications may be needed for pain reduction, but when it comes to reducing fever from influenza of any type, taking an over the counter drug to reduce fever is not the way to go. Suppressing fevers can increase rapid viral replication, resulting in a berserk effort by an overwhelmed immune system to fight back. This is known as a cytokine storm, which can have disastrous results.

What Fever Is Actually About

Fever is the immune system's response in addition to sending T-Cells to fight antibodies. The T-Cells can kill bacterial pathogens. Those pathogens are killable by T-Cell attacks. Fevers are also part of the clean up process for toxic bacterial waste products.

Viruses are not living microorganisms that rummage about internally looking for food to scavenge, as bacteria do. A virus does not have a nucleus cell that divides to create more microbes, as bacteria do. The body's thalamus/thyroid reaction raises the temperature slightly, and that stops viruses from replicating.

Great, but what's the difference between bacterial cell division and viral replication, and why can't the T-Cells get all those viruses anyway? More at link

Other related articles regarding fever and the flu

Epidemic of Fever Phobia: The Facts on Why Fever is Your Friend

Nikki

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

That would be my question also, Parker. Some doctors advise "sweating it out" - some, who treat chronic illnesses - or small children - are a bit more cautious when fever runs for awhile at 102 or above. I've seen kids convulse at 103 and I've seen one run around the office with 105 - it depends on the individual.

Exactly. As I said above your post, I wonder what makes some people more susceptible than others to different illnesses and different symptoms in other illnesses.

I think there is different pathology within almost every illness in how it affects an individual - there is a textbook explanation of how fever works to actually help build anti-bodies in an infected body - but fevers should be monitored more carefully in small children and elderly people with compromised immunities. You don't simply let these types of individuals cook a temp for a long period - Little children become quickly dehydrated as do elderly people who are often on a lot of meds that make them more conditioned to become dehydrated too. If you are basically healthy, can stay hydrated and can stand it - it may be a good idea to let a fever run it's course.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I would like to add that for the most part, you only need to worry about a fever if it gets over about 103 F.

Oh Lord. My daycare called and said the girl has H1N1. My son was there today. It's all around us here. God, please protect our family.

More scriptures would be great!

Matthew 6:30 "But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more clothe you? You of little faith!

Matthew 8:26 He said to them, "Why are you afraid, you men of little faith?" Then He got up and rebuked the winds and the sea, and it became perfectly calm.

Matthew 6:30 "But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more clothe you? You of little faith!Matthew 8:26 He said to them, "Why are you afraid, you men of little faith?" Then He got up and rebuked the winds and the sea, and it became perfectly calm

Matthew 14:31 Immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and took hold of him, and said to him, "You of little faith, why did you doubt?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

I would like to add that for the most part, you only need to worry about a fever if it gets over about 103 F.

My parents always put us in a bath of ice cold water lol This always seemed to do the trick! You know, a lot of those old remedies really work. I used to think they were completely nuts but not being able to obtain health insurance for the past 6 years or so, I've used a lot of them to get well. Who would've thought? :24:

Gotta think how tuff the WWII generation was when, after and before the war, there was no such thing as health insurance and many of these vets, now considered "old timers", are still around and have lived long good lives. :24: before health insurance was ever invented. :cool:

Blessings,

Nikki