~Shalhevet~

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

I've a friend who has a very low body temperature (97?)

My normal is about 97.4

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

My body temp is always lower than normal, that's why I'm always cold I think.

I remember when my son was sick at about 6 six months old. He had a fever of 105! I called the doctor and they told me there really wasn't anything they could do for him except what I was already doing. That was soooooo scarey seeing him shivering and so miserable like that.

Yesterday I have to confess that I let the H1N1 hype get to me. I can't believe I let it get to me.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,098
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I would like to add that for the most part, you only need to worry about a fever if it gets over about 103 F.

Not always true in a small infant - they can get quickly dehydrated with 102 and some accompanying side effects like diarrhea or vomiting. With children - it's best to stay in contact with your pediatrician.

Didn't say not to go to the doctor, or lots of other things...... just don't hinder your body from it's natural defense system...... or it could kill you when it goes to the next best way to kill out the virus.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,269
  • Content Per Day:  4.96
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

BTW, if you do get the flu, the main fighting tool you have is a rise in your temperature...... the more feaver reducing medication you take, the longer you'll be sick. Up to 103 or so, just let it go, and you'll be well sooner.

Are you a Doctor or nurse?

Blessings, Parker

I am a medical professional; fever is actually your body's number one defense mechanism in killing off virus and bacteria ...as your fever rises, your body produces more white blood cells known as macrophages which actually destroy viruses and bacteria, so naturally, if you take a fever reducing agent, you lessen your body's own natural immune system defenses to fight off disease producing agents; but I will not give any medical advice on-line. If one has any concerns about health related problems, see your own doctor. With that said, I'd like to share a couple of articles with you and any interested others for consideration regarding fever reducing agents and the flu:

Do Not Kill a Fever: Fever Kills Viruses

(NaturalNews) Have you been influenced by modern allopathic medicine's obsession with lowering fever? Has this been a concern of yours? Ever since the turn of the 20th century, using drugs to lower fevers has been standard operating procedure for most allopathic medicine practitioners. Take two aspirins and call me in the morning was a common medical humor gag throughout the 1950's.

Aspirin type medications may be needed for pain reduction, but when it comes to reducing fever from influenza of any type, taking an over the counter drug to reduce fever is not the way to go. Suppressing fevers can increase rapid viral replication, resulting in a berserk effort by an overwhelmed immune system to fight back. This is known as a cytokine storm, which can have disastrous results.

What Fever Is Actually About

Fever is the immune system's response in addition to sending T-Cells to fight antibodies. The T-Cells can kill bacterial pathogens. Those pathogens are killable by T-Cell attacks. Fevers are also part of the clean up process for toxic bacterial waste products.

Viruses are not living microorganisms that rummage about internally looking for food to scavenge, as bacteria do. A virus does not have a nucleus cell that divides to create more microbes, as bacteria do. The body's thalamus/thyroid reaction raises the temperature slightly, and that stops viruses from replicating.

Great, but what's the difference between bacterial cell division and viral replication, and why can't the T-Cells get all those viruses anyway? More at link

Other related articles regarding fever and the flu

Epidemic of Fever Phobia: The Facts on Why Fever is Your Friend

Nikki

Thanks, Nikki. I am (was) a Respiratory Therapist with a background in Nursing, so I was just curious. No offense meant.