• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  191
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  629
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/29/1970

I had the most interesting dream last night. I was at a school with my sister I remember. We weren't students and I don't know why we were there. Any way as we walked from the parking lot this man ran up to us and started saying something like I've told you before... but you don't listen. I turned to my sister and gave her a look to say what's up with this man.

He started talking about Gensis. Something about a word in a part of Gensis. A name of God maybe... I can't remember. I do remember writing down one of the words a few times because my spelling of it didn't seem right. then out of no way the correct spelling of the word appeared on the paper right in front of my eyes. I stared at in surprised as I listen to the man. He kept saying theres more then one meaning to the word, more then one. then he ran off more words... Names of God. that's what he was saying. The names of God has more then just one meaning. I just remember that. He said something like the power of God is in His names... and there are more then one meaning that we understand. Odd dream...

At least I remember a little bit more of the dream as I wrote this. Any thoughts anyone.

Jacqueline

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/18/1938

The message in your dream is very 'right on'. The overwhelming references to glorify the name, honor the name, praise, worship the name, etc, is fact mood of the Hebrew world view in which the names and titles of an identifiable individual is the same as calling or referencing that person by their 'given name'. Then, aside from the term El (God, singular) each descriptive term added to El contains a spectrum of meanings - Hebrew being a verb based language - that might apply, depending on the context within it is found. See Isaiah 9:6 for the different interpretations of of the name by which the man Jesus would be identified. Or, look up in the Hebrew (using a good lexicon, not a dictionary) the 25 or so different names (titles, names, terms) used to identify the God of Israel.

A good (quick) reference is Praying the Names of God, A Daily Guide by Ann Spangler, 2004 Zondervanm Grand Rapids, Michigan. Using this book provides a quick jump into the scriptures. However, I also recomend the BDB Gesenius Hebrew-English lexicon for understanding the different shades of meaning of each descriptive Hebrew terms.

Take what you have already received and now search the scriptures for insight into who, what, and the nature of our God - and may your studies be fruitful.