• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/03/1991

I'm not sure if this would be the right section, because this and another seem very similar to one another when I looked through topics to figure out where it would go...

Anyway, I have a major problem with this... I'm not close to God at all. I want to get close, and before my tutor left, he said that I need to pray and read the Bible to get close and that I would know when I am. He told me to be aware of my feelings and that until I have a strong relationship with God, that these voices will keep bugging me. My tutor had asked me to get some information from these voices, for his own purposes, but these voices have left but recently came back. By recently, I mean yesterday. He told me that I seemed to get mad at him, and I would act... not very nice at all. These voices are bugging me, and I pray and read, but nothing. It does no good to ignore these voices, because they continue on with their bugging.

My tutor told me that this is something that I have to build on my own, but the trouble is... I don't know how to build it on my own.

Another friend of mine said that I should try a relationship with God just as any other person, but I don't know how to do that, because it isn't like God is sitting and laughing physically on the couch on a movie night or something. My friend also said that I should find something that God and I relate to, but.... once again, I don't know what to do with that.

Someone in my introduction thread had also suggested music (I apologize, but at this moment I cannot remember the username). I have yet to do research on that.

So, here I am, posting and looking for advice on what to do. It would be much appreciated if one could try to help.

Thanks,

Emmie

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Can you elaborate on the "voices' you talk about. And who is your tutor, what subjects does your tutor teach you? It might help to answer if one had a bit more information?

Blessings

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  828
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  12/28/1980

You might want to see a psychiatrist.

My tutor would not be found anywhere, if you are looking for a name. I was introduced to him through a great friend of mine. He is not a professional but a student who is very knowledgeable on what the Bible says (I think he has the whole thing memorized), and has had some encounters with spirits himself. He has been extremely helpful to me. He started a bible study group at his school, and he tries to help anyone he can, but he's only taught me some about Christianity.

I believed that the voices where in my head with me being under so much stress, but a month passed before I let my tutor know of the voices. He first thought they were in my head, too, until he had me have conversations with them, gathering information. There were things about a war said and, I had mentioned in my introduction topic and I was told what they were... hybrids, and the person had also mentioned another thing that was said by the voices. I cannot see any figures, but I hear them as if they were actually there. They try to convince me that there is nothing, that God doesn't exist... I ignore them, but their taunting doesn't disappear, and sometimes gets worse.

If I could even afford to go to a psychiatrist, I might consider it. It would be a very close no.

But I'm more looking on advice to get closer to God, not to get rid of the voices. My tutor told me that if I have a strong relationship with God that they will leave me be.

Guest RobisinChrist

A very wise person told me that there are three sources for all of your thoughts (or the voices you hear). They are self, the enemy (the devil), or God (via the Holy Spirit). That's why the Bible tells us to take every thought into subjection, you need to determine firt where the voices, or thoughts are coming from. Test them, do fall in line COMPLETELY with scripture? If you do this and are still having questions, seek out a Christian counselor of some sort.

God Bless, Rob

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Content Per Day:  5.12
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

That's not helpful for one who is young in Christ, CS.

A very wise person told me that there are three sources for all of your thoughts (or the voices you hear). They are self, the enemy (the devil), or God (via the Holy Spirit). That's why the Bible tells us to take every thought into subjection, you need to determine firt where the voices, or thoughts are coming from. Test them, do fall in line COMPLETELY with scripture? If you do this and are still having questions, seek out a Christian counselor of some sort.

God Bless, Rob

I do apologize, but I don't know what you mean by that question. I don't know what would be yes and what would be no. If you, or someone else, could possibly explain what is meant by that, it would be helpful.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  828
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  12/28/1980

That's not helpful for one who is young in Christ, CS.

If you are hearing voices in your head especially if they are loud and audible and saying irrational things something is not right with your mental state- I had a friend who had similar things going on and she went and saw a psychiatrist and was diagnosed as paranoid schizophrenic- after getting medicine those auditory hallucinations and synesthesia went away and she has been able to live a normal productive life. There is a negative stigma surrounding mental disease that really needs eradication it is no more your fault than someone having diabetes.

There are many free services in your area I'm sure that will help you out financially to afford visits to drs and get medication if need be- contact your pastor or priest or a salvation army in your area

peace be with you

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  283
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  04/01/1983

Emmie, to have a relationship with God the Father one must come thru Jesus Christ. "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me." John 14:6 I think you know this but just in case let explain a little more.

If you don't know Jesus as personal savior you can't have a relationship with God.

The Bible tells us we are all sinners.

Romans 3:23

"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"

Then we are told because of sin we died spiritually

Romans 5:12

Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:"

And this is why we need a relationship with God, because our nature is sinful. But how can a Holy God look on sin, He can't so God the Father had to do something about our sin problem. He sent His only Begotten Son, who did no sin, to take our sins and make us righteous.

II Corinthians 5:21

"For He hath made Him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him." The Him in this verse is our Lord Jesus Christ.

Romans 6:23

"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

But how does one get this eternal life?

Romans 10:9-10

"(9) That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

(10) For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with mouth confession is made unto salvation."

So all one need to do to attent eternal life is believe in our heart that Jesus died for our sins and rose from the dead. And them confess this with our mouth.

When this is done we are "... passed from death unto life. " John 5:24

And we become part of the Family of God, "But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name." John 1:12 If we are God's sons and/or daughters we have a real family relationship with the Father. We as Christians can cry "Abba Father" (Galatians 4:5-6; Romans 8:14-15) In modern

terms you can call God literally Daddy. No man or woman, can get a closer relationship than this with God. The Holy Spirit is "the Spirit of adoption" spoken of in Romans 8:15 and refer to in Galatians 4:6. If you know Christ Jesus you are part of the "household of faith" Galatians 6:10, or as it says in Ephesians 2:19, "household of God"

This is the only way to have a relationship with God.

Thank you very much, logos7. I was taught that through another experience I had back in July. My tutor scolded me, however, because I was not showing emotion to him. He concluded that I didn't care, even though I told him I did. My tutor had also given me a movie to watch. I think it was called King of Nazareth, but it wasn't a happy movie. But thank you for explaining in those words.

As for the psychiatrist, I understand your point, cslewis, but there are several reasons for me being against it. Where I live, people try to rip you off. This isn't a friendly area. The nearest salvation army is close to forty minutes away, and that's by highway. I have my license, but I've only been on the highway once... and still, it was a less dangerous highway then the one I would have to go on.

My parents would have to know if I'm seeing a psychiatrist. I'm pretty sure that, since I am not yet eighteen, they would have to see it, and have permission for it. If they knew about it, that's double trouble for me. They would think I'm nuts just for believing in God. If they were to find out hat I have a bible, they would send me to a psychiatrist, and once I'm eighteen, they would kick me out. That's my mother acting like her mother, however.