• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  519
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/28/1980

Your in a tough situation and I will remeber you in prayer. goodness I could not imagine how that could be. You should just let some of these very knowledgable people on this site be your mentors. If you have to live a secret life of Christianity then so be it. There is nothing wrong with that. Maybe you will run into other Christians at school. Pray and believe God can and will opn doors for you.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  12/03/1991

Your in a tough situation and I will remeber you in prayer. goodness I could not imagine how that could be. You should just let some of these very knowledgable people on this site be your mentors. If you have to live a secret life of Christianity then so be it. There is nothing wrong with that. Maybe you will run into other Christians at school. Pray and believe God can and will opn doors for you.

Oh, I do eventually plan to tell them. I will be going to college hundreds of miles away, but before I tell them, I must make sure that I can stand on my own and have back up. My friend's mother offered that if I do get kicked out before college, or even if I need a place to stay over the summer, that she will take me in. Just about everyone at the school is Catholic, or at least claim to be. I say they claim because of how horrible they act to each other. I have friends who are supportive, but not all of my friends know. Only the ones who wouldn't tell the girlfriend of my brother who would tell my brother.

But, thank you so much, humbleseeker. It seems like a few people are already replacing my tutor, haha.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Content Per Day:  5.12
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

You might want to see a psychiatrist.

That's not helpful for one who is young in Christ, CS.

If you are hearing voices in your head especially if they are loud and audible and saying irrational things something is not right with your mental state- I had a friend who had similar things going on and she went and saw a psychiatrist and was diagnosed as paranoid schizophrenic- after getting medicine those auditory hallucinations and synesthesia went away and she has been able to live a normal productive life. There is a negative stigma surrounding mental disease that really needs eradication it is no more your fault than someone having diabetes.

There are many free services in your area I'm sure that will help you out financially to afford visits to drs and get medication if need be- contact your pastor or priest or a salvation army in your area

peace be with you

Perhaps if you would have said this instead of your prior terse statement, it would have been better.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  828
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  12/28/1980

Thank you very much, logos7. I was taught that through another experience I had back in July. My tutor scolded me, however, because I was not showing emotion to him. He concluded that I didn't care, even though I told him I did. My tutor had also given me a movie to watch. I think it was called King of Nazareth, but it wasn't a happy movie. But thank you for explaining in those words.

As for the psychiatrist, I understand your point, cslewis, but there are several reasons for me being against it. Where I live, people try to rip you off. This isn't a friendly area. The nearest salvation army is close to forty minutes away, and that's by highway. I have my license, but I've only been on the highway once... and still, it was a less dangerous highway then the one I would have to go on.

My parents would have to know if I'm seeing a psychiatrist. I'm pretty sure that, since I am not yet eighteen, they would have to see it, and have permission for it. If they knew about it, that's double trouble for me. They would think I'm nuts just for believing in God. If they were to find out hat I have a bible, they would send me to a psychiatrist, and once I'm eighteen, they would kick me out. That's my mother acting like her mother, however.

Wow I can't imagine that  - is there anyone whom you could confide in -a teacher or pastor? A doctor? I don't know legally what you can do but it just seems so alien to me to have parents that don't want there kids to be Christian !!! 

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  12/03/1991

Well, both of my parents use to be catholic. They grew up in very catholic families, went to catholic schools and even a catholic college. They both found it ridiculous about how they lived. After I was born, they decided that its very unhealthy to believe in God and brought us all up as atheists. My older brother was the only one who had any teaching, and he was only three when they stopped. My mother's adopted mother found out and she became very mad and cut off contact with us, saying that we were going to die early and all go to hell. I was only nine when she found out.

My mother was furious with that, and really decided it was the worst thing. Technically, five adults know, but two of them are eighteen and nineteen. The others are in their forties (I believe) and one is my English teacher from last year. He doesn't care. The other two are friends' mothers. One doesn't really care and the other one really wants to help me in anyway possible. The one who cares is a nurse and had minored in some Bible study. I don't know what the class is technically called.

But yeah, there are adults who know, and I had explained my mother's reasoning (which my father followed along with).