IGNORED

Digging Foxholes for God

boblandis

Guest Jipsah

Digging Foxholes for God

From razormouth.com

Michael E. Rench says living like Jesus is coming back tomorrow doesn't help the kingdom next week

---------------------------------------------------------

As one could have told William Miller in 1842 and '43, and one could have told evangelicals in 1888, 1892, 1904, 1914-17 (along with thousands of Watchtower adherents), and again in 1939, then in 1941, 1963, 1967, 1968, 1972, 1981, 1984, 1988, Whisenant in 1990 and '92, Harold Camping in 1994, others in 2000 and '01

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/20/1965

Hmmmm. I've heard a lot of this before. We are just in the infancy of the church? Got news for you, things are getting progressively worse, not better. The church isn't going to straighten the mess out, Jesus Christ is. And, by the way, it isn't the false hope, it is the blessed hope. Paul spoke of it,

For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,  Titus 2:11-13

Jesus said to be ready,

Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming. But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into. Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.  

What bride would not be excited at the mere thought of the return of the Groom?

For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now. Not only that, but we also who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body.  Romans 8:22-23

I know quite a few of those poor, misled Christians who think Jesus is coming back soon. But the author is confused, these aren't the ones digging foxholes. These are the laborers.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  189
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Eph

From what Gospel are you preaching and who the heck are you talking about? Are you sitting around with blinders on. There has been great movements for Christ going on all over the place. I can not think of one christian who is digging a foxhole. I don't know if Christ will be here in my lifetime but if He is I'll be ready. When I say that I do not mean I am just going to put off living because I think He's coming tomorrow. You my friend are making an awful lot of assumptions about what others are doing based on which rapture theory they believe. And you know what I don't even think about the whole rapture business. I have to wonder if there were guys like you running around before Christs first coming. What would they have been saying. Sure I believe a Messiah will come some day, but come on not now, not in your life time Saul. Don't worry about all that, don't wait upon the Lord. What are you talking about?

Love in Christ

Teri

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  252
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,859
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Birthday:  03/16/1963

What kind of junk is this? Whoever wrote this whatever it is sounds like a depressive bent on suicide. The pessimism reeks. How do you have a hope in God when you hope He never returns? This makes me want to find a piece of rope and a tall tree. :crazy:

Guest Jipsah
What kind of junk is this? Whoever wrote this whatever it is sounds like a depressive bent on suicide. The pessimism reeks. How do you have a hope in God when you hope He never returns? This makes me want to find a piece of rope and a tall tree.

I see your point Jipsayh but that is not the point in that post. We should always be ready for the return in Christ weather it happens in our life time or not. That post is assuming we are not doing what we need to do, because we think Jesus is coming now and rescueing us. The thing is if we are always ready for His return we will also be ready for our death. Am I making sense.

Love in Christ

Teri

PS Sorry about the way I responded the first time, I have no good excuse for being so abrasive. :crazy:

Guest Jipsah
That post is assuming we are not doing what we need to do, because we think Jesus is coming now and rescueing us.

Hey Jipsah thanks for not being offended. Anyway remember who started this whole thing about Christ's soon return. I believe it was Paul wasn't it. I know what you are referring to though, but I honestly have not met anyone who is doing that and we have a congregation of about 1500. Actually I run into the opposite problem where alot of christians are ignoring the signs of the times and going about their business as usual which is not holy to say the least. I think we should always be prepared for Christs return, but as you say still take care of the things we need to take care of. There seems to be a lack of christians that really dig into scripture which makes me end up here talking to you guys.

Love in Christ

Teri