• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

22Then the apostles and elders, with the whole church, decided to choose some of their own men and send them to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas. They chose Judas (called Barsabbas) and Silas, two men who were leaders among the brothers. 23With them they sent the following letter: The apostles and elders, your brothers, To the Gentile believers in Antioch, Syria and Cilicia: Greetings. 24We have heard that some went out from us without our authorization and disturbed you, troubling your minds by what they said. 25So we all agreed to choose some men and send them to you with our dear friends Barnabas and Paul

Guest shiloh357
22Then the apostles and elders, with the whole church, decided to choose some of their own men and send them to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas. They chose Judas (called Barsabbas) and Silas, two men who were leaders among the brothers. 23With them they sent the following letter: The apostles and elders, your brothers, To the Gentile believers in Antioch, Syria and Cilicia: Greetings. 24We have heard that some went out from us without our authorization and disturbed you, troubling your minds by what they said. 25So we all agreed to choose some men and send them to you with our dear friends Barnabas and Paul

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Depends on what you mean by strangle. Many slaughtering methods used in the US involve some sort of strangalization.

Most of the red meat we eat contains blood, some chicken contains blood. Liver and animals organs for example are largely made up of blood.

To me this passage in the New Testament to gentile believers would say these are things we should not do. I have not seen anything in Acts or anywhere else which would say what was written in this letter is not to be followed?

Am I missing something?

To me I don't know it is making me look at how I am eating meat. Shiloh do you see a place in scripture where this is lifted for gentiles, I don't? The whole point of that letter was speaking to gentiles about the minimum things that they should do.

Guest shiloh357
Depends on what you mean by strangle. Many slaughtering methods used in the US involve some sort of strangalization.

Most of the red meat we eat contains blood, some chicken contains blood. Liver and animals organs for example are largely made up of blood.

To me this passage in the New Testament to gentile believers would say these are things we should not do. I have not seen anything in Acts or anywhere else which would say what was written in this letter is not to be followed?

Am I missing something?

To me I don't know it is making me look at how I am eating meat. Shiloh do you see a place in scripture where this is lifted for gentiles, I don't? The whole point of that letter was speaking to gentiles about the minimum things that they should do.

It is important to note that the apostles were not setting up doctrine. The letter they sent should not be construed as being intended for all Christians for all time. This was a letter sent to the Gentile believers at that time and is the result of a debate over whether or not uncircumcised Gentiles were qualifed to enter the Kingdom of God. It was not a doctrinal epistle, though and as such was not binding on all Christians for all time.

Yeah that is how I looked at it.

I was just reading Acts last night and the passage just struck me.

But then again like other things, really why not as it is healthier to follow, liver and organs are not exactly healthy.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Am I missing something?

It is important to note that the apostles were not setting up doctrine. The letter they sent should not be construed as being intended for all Christians for all time. This was a letter sent to the Gentile believers at that time and is the result of a debate over whether or not uncircumcised Gentiles were qualifed to enter the Kingdom of God. It was not a doctrinal epistle, though and as such was not binding on all Christians for all time.

This is exactly right. It is important to note that this particular passage has been taken as doctrine by some denominations, and at least one cult that I am aware of (The Iglesia Ni Cristo). The importance lies with recognizing the correct hermeneutic and dispensing of the type of legalism which can bring believers into slavery to the law.

To me though the guidance in table fellowship would still be in place.

I was thinking though we do not know what the future holds. When God does re-awaken a huge number of Jewish believers, we as gentiles are going to have to think about how we interact with our Jewish brothers and sisters in these areas.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/24/1969

Red meat actually does not contain any blood. It is red food dye and water. At the slaughter house animals are bled out, and the meat is actually grey. I would worry more about chicken slaughter practices than any other because one way of putting a chicken on the dinner table is by strangulation. Most are hung upside down and have thier throat cut though.

Blood sausage is about the only thing I will not eat.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  2,194
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

Red meat actually does not contain any blood. It is red food dye and water. At the slaughter house animals are bled out, and the meat is actually grey. I would worry more about chicken slaughter practices than any other because one way of putting a chicken on the dinner table is by strangulation. Most are hung upside down and have thier throat cut though.

Blood sausage is about the only thing I will not eat.

Perhaps in Canada, where anything is possible, but here it's blood.