Smalcald

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I grew up close to a slaughter house and have seen the gore many many times. They hang pigs by their hind legs and cut their throats.... the noise is very un-nerving. Cows they shoot in the head and quickly hang them by their feet and drain the blood from the bodies.

The only strangled animals that I know anything about at all are ritual killings for offerings to pagan gods. Physically it would cause a huge adrenalin dump in the animal which would not be good to consume.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

This is exactly why I became a vegetarian. I just couldn't continue to support the cruel, inhumane abuse and slaughter of God's beautiful creatures in factory farms. :whistling:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/24/1969

The raising of many these animals can be considered very cruel, yes...but the slaughtering by shooting or slitting the throat is how it has been done for ages. The death is quick and actually quite humane. Animals were provided for our consumption. As a farmer, I can say that a field raised, free ranged animal is a happy and healthier animal, Chickens and other animals kept overcrowded in barns is another story. There are good ways and bad ways to raise animals to slaughter, but essentaiily the slaughter is all the same. Death is death, it is not pretty...which is why most of you aren't farmers and buy your meat in a grocery store. If it weren't for those who have the capablilty to slaughter these animals for your dinner alot of you would be starving...so don't be so quick to judge those who do.

As for vegetarianism...it is yet another form of religion... the Bible does not teach it, as much as some would like to believe it does...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

The raising of many these animals can be considered very cruel, yes...but the slaughtering by shooting or slitting the throat is how it has been done for ages. The death is quick and actually quite humane. Animals were provided for our consumption. As a farmer, I can say that a field raised, free ranged animal is a happy and healthier animal, Chickens and other animals kept overcrowded in barns is another story. There are good ways and bad ways to raise animals to slaughter, but essentaiily the slaughter is all the same. Death is death, it is not pretty...which is why most of you aren't farmers and buy your meat in a grocery store. If it weren't for those who have the capablilty to slaughter these animals for your dinner alot of you would be starving...so don't be so quick to judge those who do.

As for vegetarianism...it is yet another form of religion... the Bible does not teach it, as much as some would like to believe it does...

I have never heard of vegetarian being a religion... and I've never seen it argued that the Bible "taught" vegetarian practices. A vegetarian is simply someone who does not eat meat, for any range of reasons, like myself.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

I have never heard of vegetarian being a religion... and I've never seen it argued that the Bible "taught" vegetarian practices. A vegetarian is simply someone who does not eat meat, for any range of reasons, like myself.

Seventh Day Adventism advocates vegetarianism. Pagan religions also (Buddhism and Hinduism) advocate veganism because of their erroneous teachings on reincarnation.

As long as long you make sure your meat is cooked to a proper temperature, you should have no problem. Rare meat is I believe a violation of the Acts 15 admonition. As for pork, I think the same admonition applies. Rare pork is a carrier of trichinosis, a deadly bacteria. I prefer beef and chicken to pork personally. Now and then though, the urge for a ham and cheese sandwich comes along, or perhaps sausage and eggs.

I will say that the funk of a chicken farm is enough to make ANYONE consider vegetarianism briefly.

Going through an operating slaughter house will do the same Believer..... and to see bologna before they cook it is way beyond disgusting..... but after a few weeks I still go back for more. I just don't take any more tours of places like that. Some things one just doesn't need to know.

• Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  10

Going through an operating slaughter house will do the same Believer..... and to see bologna before they cook it is way beyond disgusting..... but after a few weeks I still go back for more. I just don't take any more tours of places like that. Some things one just doesn't need to know.

I felt the same way when I saw what consituted a hot dog! My father was a butcher for decades, he made sure we knew how that meat got to our tables.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Since I've discovered that all parts of the body have some nutritional value (different parts hold different nutrients), I don't feel so grossed out by that concept anymore.

Since I've discovered that all parts of the body have some nutritional value (different parts hold different nutrients), I don't feel so grossed out by that concept anymore.

LoL, I guess potted meat would make a really well balanced nutritional sandwich cause it's got a little bit of everything in it.