I need some help..please give advice..anyone

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

First of all, hi everyone, i'm new here. This is my first post, but in my mind is very important to me. I was saved when I was about 8 years old, or at least I think I was. Now I am 20 and I don't believe I was actually changed by the lord. I don't think I understood anything about salvation then, or what i was actually doing when i was with the preacher and asked the Lord to be saved. So therefore now i feel like i am not saved.

That being said..I also realize I am a sinner..I have an addiction i would rather not mention on this board.. and i know that the only way i can be rid of it is through Jesus. I can't do it own my own. But the most important thing is that I need to get saved. I go to church every sunday and lately i have been feeling like the Lord is trying to get me to get saved..Or at least thats how i am feeling.

I have prayed several times asking the Lord to save me, and confessed that i am a sinner, yet i still dont "feel" saved. I guess what i mean is that i don't feel changed by the Lord. I believe every single word of the Bible. I believe Jesus died on the cross for my sins. But sometimes I get these thoughts in my head trying to tell me its not true or something. I feel bad for even thinking them because i know in my heart it is true. I think its the devil trying to bring me away from God.

I also feel awful and guilty for the sins that i commit every single day..I just feel like i am letting God down and hurting him..yet i do it anyway..i guess im just lost and need help

So my question to anyone here who can answer me is..am i saved? or is something missing..because i feel like something is missing even though i have prayed many times asking the Lord to save me..I don't know what to do..someone please give me some advice on this..i would greatly appreciate it..Thank you everyone!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Hi and welcome!

These are my initial 2 thoughts -

1. Our salvation is based on faith, not feelings. The Bible says to believe on the Lord Jesus and you shall be saved. Repentance and confession. It's an act of faith. You can rest in the promise of the Word. :blink:

2. Have you been baptized yet? There is a Scripture that states, "We have been buried with Him through baptism." The Scriptures do also state that you need to be baptized as a confession of your faith. I have heard testimonies of how actually being baptized (via immersion) made a difference in people's walk with the Lord. :blink: So if yo haven't been baptized yet, talk to your pastor (or find one if you aren't a member of a church) who will do this for you. OK?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  613
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  04/02/1959

Bless Your Heart YES you are Saved!! its not about feelings its about faith and you have that...also it is a process for the Lord to change you...or as I always say...it takes the Lord awhile to take "egypt" (the world) out of us...be paitent the Lord is at work...and its good to feel bad about sinning...the Lord looks at the heart...and yours is longing to serve Him and to stop sinning that is a good thing...The Lord is faithful and true, you keep crying out and He will deliever you...He did me and also changed my nature..it took awhile but Praise His Holy Name He did it, and He will also do it for you... and remember the Lord took you as is....HE Loves you unconditionally, and will never let you go.....He loves you faults, sins and all....He sees and knows and chose you anyways....I will pray for you...meantime...you are doing good, going to church, developing a personal relationship with Him and reading His Holy Word.....relax, know that the Lord is in charge, even tho you don,t see or feel Him at the moment ohhhhhh I promise you HE is with you every single step of the way.... :blink:

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,075
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Days Won:  3

Welcome to Worthy :blink:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

Welcome to Worthy!!

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

Welcome to the family

• Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Welcome! You have received some good advice in some of the posts above. I have just returned from my home group where I shared the following scripture, which i feel is directly for you. Funny how the Spirit works is it not? I don't usually post long chunks of scripture, but I urge you to read this, and continue with it in your bible, See where it leads you!

Rom 5:1 Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Rom 5:2 Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Rom 5:3 More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance,

Rom 5:4 and endurance produces character, and character produces hope,

Rom 5:5 and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

Rom 5:6 For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly.

Rom 5:7 For one will scarcely die for a righteous person--though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die--

Rom 5:8 but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Rom 5:9 Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God.

Rom 5:10 For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, now that we are reconciled, shall we be saved by his life.

Rom 5:11 More than that, we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation.

Be blessed he loves you, and the building of our faith, and our walk, takes time :rolleyes:

• Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Welcome to Worthy!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,088
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Lostman, I have been where you are about 40 years ago. I felt the same way in that I really didn't know and understand what I was doing when I was a kid and professed the Lord. Ii prayed and prayed over it and finally talked to our pastor about. I basically went through getting in front of the church and professing the Lordship of Jesus, but was not really satisfied until I was baptized again.

I am at piece with it now and have been for a long time now. While it may not be the answer to everyone, it certainly helped me in my walk..... btw if your like me it will help that other problem also. If you want to discuss that jsut use the PM and we can talk about it.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

First of all, hi everyone, i'm new here. This is my first post, but in my mind is very important to me. I was saved when I was about 8 years old, or at least I think I was. Now I am 20 and I don't believe I was actually changed by the lord. I don't think I understood anything about salvation then, or what i was actually doing when i was with the preacher and asked the Lord to be saved. So therefore now i feel like i am not saved.

That being said..I also realize I am a sinner..I have an addiction i would rather not mention on this board.. and i know that the only way i can be rid of it is through Jesus. I can't do it own my own. But the most important thing is that I need to get saved. I go to church every sunday and lately i have been feeling like the Lord is trying to get me to get saved..Or at least thats how i am feeling.

I have prayed several times asking the Lord to save me, and confessed that i am a sinner, yet i still dont "feel" saved. I guess what i mean is that i don't feel changed by the Lord. I believe every single word of the Bible. I believe Jesus died on the cross for my sins. But sometimes I get these thoughts in my head trying to tell me its not true or something. I feel bad for even thinking them because i know in my heart it is true. I think its the devil trying to bring me away from God.

I also feel awful and guilty for the sins that i commit every single day..I just feel like i am letting God down and hurting him..yet i do it anyway..i guess im just lost and need help

So my question to anyone here who can answer me is..am i saved? or is something missing..because i feel like something is missing even though i have prayed many times asking the Lord to save me..I don't know what to do..someone please give me some advice on this..i would greatly appreciate it..Thank you everyone!

Grace and Peace to you lostman....please go to this Christ centered web-site and look around, you may find something that speaks to your addiction. http://www.settingcaptivesfree.com/home/