• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

Welcome to Worthy, lostman.

It sounds to me as if the Holy Spirit is stirring in your soul and you are being convicted of your sin. That's a good thing. If you weren't saved your sins wouldn't bother you. But the Holy Spirit is calling to you. Every Christian struggles with various sins, and the thing to do is to repent, pray for God's help in overcoming this sin and His forgiveness, and choose not to participate in the sin. Repent means to turn away. So turn away from the sin and turn to God. Ask Him to forgive you and to give you strength to resist the sin. Then choose to do something else instead of that sin.

Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. James 4:7-8

If you were truly saved when you were 8 you are still saved today. But you need to get into fellowship with Christ. By that I mean study your Bible, pray, sing His praises. Be sure that the church you attend is Christ centered and that the Bible is the authority. Make friends with other Christians and challenge each other to stay in fellowship with Christ. Also, come to Worthy often. There are so many who will help you.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest smote his breast

First of all, hi everyone, i'm new here. This is my first post, but in my mind is very important to me. I was saved when I was about 8 years old, or at least I think I was. Now I am 20 and I don't believe I was actually changed by the lord. I don't think I understood anything about salvation then, or what i was actually doing when i was with the preacher and asked the Lord to be saved. So therefore now i feel like i am not saved.

That being said..I also realize I am a sinner..I have an addiction i would rather not mention on this board.. and i know that the only way i can be rid of it is through Jesus. I can't do it own my own. But the most important thing is that I need to get saved. I go to church every sunday and lately i have been feeling like the Lord is trying to get me to get saved..Or at least thats how i am feeling.

I have prayed several times asking the Lord to save me, and confessed that i am a sinner, yet i still dont "feel" saved. I guess what i mean is that i don't feel changed by the Lord. I believe every single word of the Bible. I believe Jesus died on the cross for my sins. But sometimes I get these thoughts in my head trying to tell me its not true or something. I feel bad for even thinking them because i know in my heart it is true. I think its the devil trying to bring me away from God.

I also feel awful and guilty for the sins that i commit every single day..I just feel like i am letting God down and hurting him..yet i do it anyway..i guess im just lost and need help

So my question to anyone here who can answer me is..am i saved? or is something missing..because i feel like something is missing even though i have prayed many times asking the Lord to save me..I don't know what to do..someone please give me some advice on this..i would greatly appreciate it..Thank you everyone!

The very best scripture(s) for this I believe,other than John 3:16 is,John 6:39,40,which in my NLT,goes like this when Jesus said,"39 And this is the will of God,that I should not lose even one of all those that He has given me,but that I should raise them to eternal life at the last day.40 For it is my Father's will that all who see his son and believe in him should have eternal life--that I should raise them to eternal life at the last day." And furthermore in verse 47,"I assure you that anyone who believes in me already has eternal life."These passages of scripture connotate that you as a believer will have eternal life.Some will tell you that there are other hoops that you must jump through,but as it came from Jesus himself,as well as this gem of wisdom in verse 63"It is the Spirit that gives eternal life.Human effort accomplishes nothing.And the very words I have spoken to you are spirit and life."So when other tell you of their human rules which deny the very words of Jesus himself,explain to them that Jesus is the bread of life and that you have partaken of him.

Welcome!

He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself:

he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

And this is the record,

that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

He that hath the Son hath life;

and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God;

that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. 1 John 5:10-13

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

Welcome

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,773
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  12/27/1957

I would say that you are one of HIS chosen people. It sounds like HE is bringing you back to a right place in HIS time.

I would like to make a suggestion. The next time you sit down to pray, get past the sins. IF you read the story about the woman with the issue of blood, you will read where she had to push through the croud to get close enough to touch the hem of JESUS' garment. All of those distractions and all of the sins that Satan tosses at you as you start to pray, push past them. Do all you have to do in order to touch the hem of HIS garment.

You need to understand that your salvation is a relationship between you and JESUS. You, just as you are, and JESUS, just as HE is. When that relationship is established, guilt is pushed aside and peace reigns. In this peace is the strength to defeat addictions.

It is not the law that brings strength, the law gives strength to sin. It is faith and trust and that relationship that gives strength.

HIS peace to you

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  923
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

Hey lostman :laugh:

Hey Joe, could not have said it better myself :thumbsup:

"He that believeth on the Son of God hath the Witness in himself"

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Thank you all so much for your replies..They are really helping me to understand this more..anyone else who has any ideas please feel free to post..thanks everyone!

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  203
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  05/12/1960

I was 9 when I was saved but in my teenage years I done some awful things I drink I smoked among other things I don't care to mention. Was I saved at 9 yes I was and Jesus never left me as I look back on those times I see only one set of footprints because it was Jesus who carried me through those times.. My friend don't doubt the Word of God you are saved so Satan wants to make you feel bad he doesn't want you to feel saved but as it was said our salvation is not based on feelings it is based on faith.

Welcome to Worthy.......Doug

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  8
  • Birthday:  02/09/1978

welcome, Lostman.

I think you've received some very good advice so far, I also know it's a struggle sometimes to do what is right. It may help you to, besides reading your bible look for sriptures that deal with the things you struggle the most with, that helps me,I like reading psalms 51.

If the SON therefore shall make you free, you shall be free indeed JHON 8:36

All that the FATHER giveth me shall come to me;and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out

JHON 6:37

Create in me a clean heart,O GOD and renew a right spirit within me. PSALMS 51:10

Cast me not away from thy presence ; and take not thy holy spirit from me. PSALMS 51:11

hope that helps you some, lovdbygod

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  6

First of all, hi everyone, i'm new here. This is my first post, but in my mind is very important to me. I was saved when I was about 8 years old, or at least I think I was. Now I am 20 and I don't believe I was actually changed by the lord. I don't think I understood anything about salvation then, or what i was actually doing when i was with the preacher and asked the Lord to be saved. So therefore now i feel like i am not saved.

That being said..I also realize I am a sinner..I have an addiction i would rather not mention on this board.. and i know that the only way i can be rid of it is through Jesus. I can't do it own my own. But the most important thing is that I need to get saved. I go to church every sunday and lately i have been feeling like the Lord is trying to get me to get saved..Or at least thats how i am feeling.

I have prayed several times asking the Lord to save me, and confessed that i am a sinner, yet i still dont "feel" saved. I guess what i mean is that i don't feel changed by the Lord. I believe every single word of the Bible. I believe Jesus died on the cross for my sins. But sometimes I get these thoughts in my head trying to tell me its not true or something. I feel bad for even thinking them because i know in my heart it is true. I think its the devil trying to bring me away from God.

I also feel awful and guilty for the sins that i commit every single day..I just feel like i am letting God down and hurting him..yet i do it anyway..i guess im just lost and need help

So my question to anyone here who can answer me is..am i saved? or is something missing..because i feel like something is missing even though i have prayed many times asking the Lord to save me..I don't know what to do..someone please give me some advice on this..i would greatly appreciate it..Thank you everyone!

Yes. You say that you believe every single word of the bible. Believing the bible is a good start - the next thing is to KNOW WHAT IT SAYS. I would suggest that you read, to thoroughly acquaint yourself with the content. the best place to concentrate is on the New Testament letters, since that is where things are spelt out most clearly. forget about commentaries etc. and just try and figure out for yourself what it's actually trying to convey. this may not be easy or quick - but for you I'm guessing that's not a problem since you've been clearly wrestling with this for a long time now and have figured already that answers are not always easy or quick.