• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  03/10/1992

First of all, hi everyone, i'm new here. This is my first post, but in my mind is very important to me. I was saved when I was about 8 years old, or at least I think I was. Now I am 20 and I don't believe I was actually changed by the lord. I don't think I understood anything about salvation then, or what i was actually doing when i was with the preacher and asked the Lord to be saved. So therefore now i feel like i am not saved.

That being said..I also realize I am a sinner..I have an addiction i would rather not mention on this board.. and i know that the only way i can be rid of it is through Jesus. I can't do it own my own. But the most important thing is that I need to get saved. I go to church every sunday and lately i have been feeling like the Lord is trying to get me to get saved..Or at least thats how i am feeling.

I have prayed several times asking the Lord to save me, and confessed that i am a sinner, yet i still dont "feel" saved. I guess what i mean is that i don't feel changed by the Lord. I believe every single word of the Bible. I believe Jesus died on the cross for my sins. But sometimes I get these thoughts in my head trying to tell me its not true or something. I feel bad for even thinking them because i know in my heart it is true. I think its the devil trying to bring me away from God.

I also feel awful and guilty for the sins that i commit every single day..I just feel like i am letting God down and hurting him..yet i do it anyway..i guess im just lost and need help

So my question to anyone here who can answer me is..am i saved? or is something missing..because i feel like something is missing even though i have prayed many times asking the Lord to save me..I don't know what to do..someone please give me some advice on this..i would greatly appreciate it..Thank you everyone!

Lost, I am young and may notbe in the position of giving advise because of being young, but from my perspective I see that I am alot like you. I get that "feeling" alot, like somehow I'm not doing something right. I can tell you that the "feeling" is nothing to be ashamed of, it happens to the best of us. I can tell you however, that God is with you, everytime you pray to him he is there with you hand on your shoulder telling you it is not your fault that these feelings grip you the way they do. It is all in your faith as the others have said. He will rid you of those feelings IN HIS TIME. Just be patient, I have been in your shoes Sir and I know that feeling--atleast that one-- and I know it takes a long time to get over the grip of it but I can promise you, relief will come!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  1,345
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  04/10/1961

hi lostman, you will find my advice differs from trying to reassure you that you are saved. If you are having doubts then it is atleast possible you are not truly saved or that if you do not repent you will be lost. The most important thing to do is to get before God and ask Him to reveal sin that will rob you of salvation or to fill you with unshakeable assurance. I know addictions are extremely hard to break and im not saying to try harder, you need Jesus and not just more will power.

I recently came accross a very helpful link posted by another here. You may like to check it out.

http://www.settingcaptivesfree.com/

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

First of all, hi everyone, i'm new here. This is my first post, but in my mind is very important to me. I was saved when I was about 8 years old, or at least I think I was. Now I am 20 and I don't believe I was actually changed by the lord. I don't think I understood anything about salvation then, or what i was actually doing when i was with the preacher and asked the Lord to be saved. So therefore now i feel like i am not saved.

That being said..I also realize I am a sinner..I have an addiction i would rather not mention on this board.. and i know that the only way i can be rid of it is through Jesus. I can't do it own my own. But the most important thing is that I need to get saved. I go to church every sunday and lately i have been feeling like the Lord is trying to get me to get saved..Or at least thats how i am feeling.

I have prayed several times asking the Lord to save me, and confessed that i am a sinner, yet i still dont "feel" saved. I guess what i mean is that i don't feel changed by the Lord. I believe every single word of the Bible. I believe Jesus died on the cross for my sins. But sometimes I get these thoughts in my head trying to tell me its not true or something. I feel bad for even thinking them because i know in my heart it is true. I think its the devil trying to bring me away from God.

I also feel awful and guilty for the sins that i commit every single day..I just feel like i am letting God down and hurting him..yet i do it anyway..i guess im just lost and need help

So my question to anyone here who can answer me is..am i saved? or is something missing..because i feel like something is missing even though i have prayed many times asking the Lord to save me..I don't know what to do..someone please give me some advice on this..i would greatly appreciate it..Thank you everyone!

Grace and Peace to you lostman....please go to this Christ centered web-site and look around, you may find something that speaks to your addiction. http://www.settingcaptivesfree.com/home/

Hunter is right, Lost. This is a very good website and it can help you. God Bless you!!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Lost, I am young and may notbe in the position of giving advise because of being young, but from my perspective I see that I am alot like you. I get that "feeling" alot, like somehow I'm not doing something right. I can tell you that the "feeling" is nothing to be ashamed of, it happens to the best of us. I can tell you however, that God is with you, everytime you pray to him he is there with you hand on your shoulder telling you it is not your fault that these feelings grip you the way they do. It is all in your faith as the others have said. He will rid you of those feelings IN HIS TIME. Just be patient, I have been in your shoes Sir and I know that feeling--atleast that one-- and I know it takes a long time to get over the grip of it but I can promise you, relief will come!

I took a quick look at : http://www.settingcaptivesfree.com/home/

It's certianly possible there are things in ther that could be helpful.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.58

Moved from Worthy Welcome to Looking for Advice

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  923
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

"the blood of Jesus Christ, His son, cleanseth us from all sin"

I'm not perfect, I don't pretend to be, but I know that I belong to God and He is mine.

The thing I wanted to point out is, "from all sin" you were not saved from the sin you committed right before you asked for forgiveness, you were not saved from the sins you were committing at that moment you asked for forgiveness and you were not saved from the sins you will commit tomorrow.

You were saved from all sin.

Now, :emot-highfive:

don't be mistaking for scripture says "If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth."

Just my thought

Anne