IGNORED

Is Prince Charles of the UK the antichrist?

givennewname

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/30/1963

This is the post that you refer to:

"Stephen1, you DO know there is a curse for adding things to Revelation, right? The text does not state antichrist parenthetically and it does not belong there. Please stop adding it in. The beast is Rome, personified by Nero. Likewise, you ASSUME Daniel speaks of this antichrist that you mention, but the fact is that he does not, you (and others) have eisegeted (read in) this into the text."

>Sorry, I cannot agree .... will not accommodate your request

>I do not believe that the historical/preteristic view is valid and I do not teach it

The first part is the posting of another in quotes

My comments are added with the >

This is the way I do it

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

This is the post that you refer to:

"Stephen1, you DO know there is a curse for adding things to Revelation, right? The text does not state antichrist parenthetically and it does not belong there. Please stop adding it in. The beast is Rome, personified by Nero. Likewise, you ASSUME Daniel speaks of this antichrist that you mention, but the fact is that he does not, you (and others) have eisegeted (read in) this into the text."

>Sorry, I cannot agree .... will not accommodate your request

>I do not believe that the historical/preteristic view is valid and I do not teach it

The first part is the posting of another in quotes

My comments are added with the >

This is the way I do it

Well it's very hard to follow the thread that way since it's only apparent to you and it's just as easy to use the quote box. You don't name who you are quoting and, in one post, you cut off part of a sentence. It really doesn't work very well for anyone else reading your posts. :huh:

Sorry, but that is the way I do it

I do not always indicate a poster in my replies, but the posting itself

I generally am responding to the material as stated and not necessarily the one who makes the posting

Sometimes the posting is and should be the focus rather than the poster

Especially when an item is controversial and subject to potential argumentation and debating

If I detect this possibility I will generally respond without making my comments personal for avoidance

I am against the display of causing division and the wrangling over doctrine which is a behavior that is prevalent on most biblical forums because I think that it is a discredit to the Lord's Word

So I post to share information and those with an interest can view, or if not, can ignore

Edited by Stephen1

stephen, there's nothing wrong with doing things the way you're accustomed to. i see you're new to worthyboards! welcome!

since you are new, you may be doing things the way you have done them elsewhere because it's the only way you've ever known. worthy's software may be a little more advanced than some of the other places you've been, and has some really wonderful features. since we're such a huge site, and have so many active members, things like that make it much easier for everyone to follow conversations. and once you learn how to use those features you'll wonder how you ever lived without them!

nothing wrong with learning a new way of doing things when it improves communication, right? :huh: you're right that what is said should be the focus and not necessarily the person who said it, but if you're at a dinner table with 12 people, and want to say something to only one of them, you generally say their name so that everyone knows who you're speaking too, right?

why not give it a shot! you can quote mine to practice with if you'd like!

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

So I post to share information and those with an interest can view, or if not, can ignore

Well, that's an interesting attitude but, you're right, we can ignore, :huh:

Yes you can

stephen, i'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here. you are coming across as very haughty and arrogant... i suspect that is a false bravado because you are afraid to try something new because you think that everyone will have thought you to be.... "dumb"... for not having already known how to use the quote system.

please don't be afraid. nobody will think any less of you, and it will certainly improve communication in general. besides, i happen to think that whatever you say happens to be IMPORTANT enough for you to say it, which means it's important enough for others hear to see it! but what good is it for us to see what you have said if we can't comprehend it?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

i suspect that is a false bravado because you are afraid to try something new because you think that everyone will have thought you to be.... "dumb"... for not having already known how to use the quote system.

please don't be afraid. nobody will think any less of you

That's very true, LadyC.

When I first started on message boards, I could barely figure out how to sign in. It was all trial and error - with mostly error.

I finally swallowed my pride and asked some of the veterans how things worked.

Stephen, when you go to reply to a post, notice the icon at the top that looks like a cartoon word balloon? (second from the right under the "fonts" option). Click on that and it will show two words in brackets, both of them being the word "quote." Cut (as in "cut and paste") what you want to quote, then click between the quote brackets, then paste the quote so there will be the word "quote" on each end of what you are quoting. When you post your reply, what you wanted will be quoted.

And that's it! :laugh:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

Oh, and LadyC, I am loving your country gospel playlist! :laugh: