rollinTHUNDER

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

As I was studying God's living Word on the night of Dec. 12th, 2002, I believe the Holy Spirit shed light on another one of Jesus' wonderful parables.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  203
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Rollin hi

Thanx for what you shared is very :thumb: and interesting.

Rollin hi

But then since we differ in the timing of the rapture, which is major....please allow me to insert just a little new bit of interpretation here regarding the below:-

GOOD SOIL = Rapture

AMONG THORNS = Tribulation saint martyrs

ROCKY PLACES = Believers who fall from the truth and take the mark of the beast

PATH = Unbelievers and haters of what is good

That Good Soil Rapture has got to allow those tribulation saint martyrs (note you use the word "martyr", which means you agree they gotta die) to be resurrected and ascend to heaven. How are they gonna be resurrected when one rapture prior to the start of the last 7-years, or at its outset has already taken place?

I got a good question on a different board that I posted on this message, and I thought I would share it here. I'll cut and paste it below, along with my answer:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by ready2go

Interesting and thought provoking. But it brings up a few theological discussions to mind. Is it once saved always saved? Are Christians not to go through the trib?

What exactly is a Christian?

YBIC,

Alan.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello So and So,

This is a little off topic, but an excellent question. Many preachers are preaching the idea that once you are saved, you are always saved. I think that is a little mis-leading. It's true that Jesus will not lose any that are His, But the problem is that many are claiming to be His that are not. The tribulation is coming, and many of these so called believers will fall from the way of truth and believe the lie.

2 Peter 2:20-21 - "If they have escaped the corruption of the world by knowing our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, and are again entangled in it and overcome, they are worse off at the end than they were in the beginning. (21)It would have been better for them to not to have known the way of righteousness, than to have known it and then to turn their backs on the sacred command that was passed on to them."

This is not to say that all will fall away, but many will. Many will perish for a lack of knowledge. So Jesus will still have all that are His. First, the ones who are obedient, and then second, the ones who wash their robes in the tribulation.

For years I had wondered about this myself, and was unable to prove or disprove it either way. I believe too many people are just assuming that it is so. I also used to believe that Christ was going to come back for all of His christians before the tribulation, but this too, is another false assumption. The timing is right, but not all are going, only those that are truely in Him. The key word is (in). Many christians are still running after the things in this world, and they will not be ready.

1 John 5:3-4 - "This is the love for God: to obey His commands. And His commands are not burdensome, (4)for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith."

How can you overcome the world and still be in it?? We were told to come out and separate. Jesus layed His life down for all who would believe. This does not mean that all will be raptured. He is coming for His faithful bride. Yes He died for all, but many don't realize that the bride of Christ will also lay her life down for the one she loves. People need to be careful about what they believe. If we are truely crucified with Christ, then we will not be found in the world. The old man must die. It's much better to learn this now, than it is to wait until the tribulation. Unfortunately, this teaching falls pretty much on deaf ears, but it is what the Bible says. How foolish to think that we in this last generation only have to believe. If martyrdom was good enough for Jesus and His disciples, we certainly are not above it. People are still being martyred in our day. We Americans are taking too much for granted. To who much is given, much will be required. We need to wake up.

I just edited this into this article:

I think it is very interesting also, when we revisit the Lord's prayer. A closer look at verse 10 in that passage reveals a remarkable resemblence of what the Lord is showing us here. Matt. 6:10 - "your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven."

I believe God wants us to focus on the three that claim to be believers in this parable, and not the unbeliever that hates the truth. Jesus said that when we get to heaven, we will not marry or be given in marriage, but that we would be like the angels. This is what I am getting at here. If we believers (servants) on earth can be compared to the angels (servants) in heaven, then let us see what God's will in heaven is, since the earthly things are just a shadow of the realities that are in heaven. Isn't it odd to see that 1/3 of the angels in heaven are getting removed from their high positions?? I believe that God is showing us that 1/3 of the believers will also be removed from their positions as well. They will fall away from the truth and believe the lie in the coming tribulation, but some have already fallen away, even in generations past. A picture of this can be seen in Hebrews 6:4-6, which I won't type, because the next two verses picture the other 2/3's, in which I will type. These other 2/3's represent the 10 virgins, of which 5 are found ready and 5 are not when the Bridegroom comes for them.

The five wise virgins: Hebrews 6:7 - "Land that drinks in the rain often falling on it and that produces a crop useful to those for whom it is farmed receives the blessing of God."

The five foolish virgins: Hebrews 6:8 - "But land that produces thorns and thistles is worthless and is in danger of being cursed. In the end it will be burned" (die). (Emphasis added)

If you continue reading through verse (12) it shows that God rewards His servants.

Guest shadow2b
I got a good question on a different board that I posted on this message, and I thought I would share it here. I'll cut and paste it below, along with my answer:

quote:

Originally posted by ready2go

Interesting and thought provoking. But it brings up a few theological discussions to mind. Is it once saved always saved? Are Christians not to go through the trib?

What exactly is a Christian?

YBIC,

Alan.

Hello So and So,

This is a little off topic, but an excellent question. Many preachers are preaching the idea that once you are saved, you are always saved. I think that is a little mis-leading. It's true that Jesus will not lose any that are His, But the problem is that many are claiming to be His that are not. The tribulation is coming, and many of these so called believers will fall from the way of truth and believe the lie.

2 Peter 2:20-21 - "If they have escaped the corruption of the world by knowing our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, and are again entangled in it and overcome, they are worse off at the end than they were in the beginning. (21)It would have been better for them to not to have known the way of righteousness, than to have known it and then to turn their backs on the sacred command that was passed on to them."

This is not to say that all will fall away, but many will. Many will perish for a lack of knowledge. So Jesus will still have all that are His. First, the ones who are obedient, and then second, the ones who wash their robes in the tribulation.

For years I had wondered about this myself, and was unable to prove or disprove it either way. I believe too many people are just assuming that it is so. I also used to believe that Christ was going to come back for all of His christians before the tribulation, but this too, is another false assumption. The timing is right, but not all are going, only those that are truely in Him. The key word is (in). Many christians are still running after the things in this world, and they will not be ready.

1 John 5:3-4 - "This is the love for God: to obey His commands. And His commands are not burdensome, (4)for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith."

How can you overcome the world and still be in it?? We were told to come out and separate. Jesus layed His life down for all who would believe. This does not mean that all will be raptured. He is coming for His faithful bride. Yes He died for all, but many don't realize that the bride of Christ will also lay her life down for the one she loves. People need to be careful about what they believe. If we are truely crucified with Christ, then we will not be found in the world. The old man must die. It's much better to learn this now, than it is to wait until the tribulation. Unfortunately, this teaching falls pretty much on deaf ears, but it is what the Bible says. How foolish to think that we in this last generation only have to believe. If martyrdom was good enough for Jesus and His disciples, we certainly are not above it. People are still being martyred in our day. We Americans are taking too much for granted. To who much is given, much will be required. We need to wake up.

HEYYYYYY ROLLIN ;very good post,very informative...

i very much agree with the martyrdom insight, can't seem to get most of the [**CHURCH**] to even consider this position...have never understood how christians consider us--

last day christians are soooooooo much BETTER than those

that first  proclaimed YESHUA as MESSIAH & were martyred for their faith & WE are such superior beings we can just lollygag along & be [**RAPTURED***] OUT of ANY time of cleansing,testing,or purifying..---LUKE.12.VS.-48--FOR UNTO

WHOMSOEVER MUCH IS GIVEN,OF HIM SHALL MUCH BE REQUIRED; i have always held this verse so sacred to me personally in that JESUS has shown me so much love by willingly dying the most CRUEL & PAINFUL death imaginable,it is totally beyond my comprehension...this verse of scripture is

so very rarely quoted i forget how much it means to me & why

thank you for reminding me-----matt.24.vss.-29,30, & 31---

clearly states WHEN the RAPTURE will occur--       :thumb:

just a thought & a thank you-------

SHALOM

shadow2b

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  662
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/01/1960

:thumb: Thank you for sharing with us rollin-thunder!!

I totally believe the difference will be being an "overcomer". I don't want to gamble with 'a little compromise' of any kind..lol.

Praise the Lord for His Word...

in HIM, Karen :inlove:

:thumb: Thank you for sharing with us rollin-thunder!!

I totally believe the difference will be being an "overcomer". I don't want to gamble with 'a little compromise' of any kind..lol.

Praise the Lord for His Word...

in HIM, Karen :inlove:

It was my pleasure Karen, all except the typing that is.  :noidea: