boblandis

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  189
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Has anyone else noticed there are alot of people trying to make money on end time articles. I just watched an infomercial on a christian network. The whole thing was about selling end time stuff. I also received an offer in the mail today from Tim Lahaye to buy an end time graph for 40.00. Is anyone else noticing any of this. Is it correct to make money off Gods word?

Love in Christ

Teri

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  270
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

I haven't noticed that at all~but, I'll keep my eyes out for it...and-WHY would they sell stuff, cuz~~we aren't exactly going to BE here, now are we?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

I know what you mean, these days you have to be discerned to who you give.

Love Angels

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  252
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,859
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Birthday:  03/16/1963

Peoples concern about the endtimes is at an all time high as it should be seeing the condition of the world today and endtime prophecies being fulfilled on a daily basis. This has caused many people to cash in on the interests of Christians. It seems that Christianity is being played from every direction. You have the entime stuff comming out of the woodwork. Jabez this and Jabez that. Chicken soup for everyone and everything. Soon there will be one of those chicken soup for dummies books. This new Bible version and that one. People are making billions. That is why I would caution people on what they buy. There is more and more garbage being produced and having a Christian label put on it when it isn't even Christian at all.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

But, we do need to be careful that we don't just lump everyone together. We don't always know the motives of the person writing the book. Tim Lahaye for example I believe to be a wonderful man who has written some great books on the endtimes issue. I don't believe that he is making so called millions from this writing either, and how do you know what he or anyone for that matter does with their money. I agree that many people are trying to cash in on the endtimes hysteria but we need to be carefull in pointing fingers because this is a very materialistic age and most of us have 2 cars, a home and many nice possessions. In other words, I am carefull what I say publicly about any servant of God, because we are supposed to be building up the kingdom not tearing down those who are part of it.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  189
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Lan I didn't mean it as pointing a finger. But I really don't like getting hit up for things like this. I too have read alot of Tim Lahayes work. I also checked out his web site. I have nothing against the guy, it was just an example of being solicited. Oh by the way he did just dump his christian editor last month. There are also many web sites like Benny Hinns that give no information and only are a marketing tool. My daughter sent me a flyer from some organization the other day that looked fine on the face of it. They had a web site so I checked it out. The whole thing was stuff to buy about end-times and how to make sure you are raptured. I just wanted to point out that people should be careful and not fall into buying everything they can get their hands on to see if they can discover when Christ is coming. Heres a funny thing about it all. I wanted to buy the Jesus movie and had to look for it. By the way I found it in the movie store. There is alot more to the message Christ brings than just prophecy so if someone is being exclusive in that area I have to wonder if they are cashing in on hype.

Love in Christ

Teri

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

I understand Teri and agree, have know idea of anything about the publisher for Tim Lahaye though. I know there is a lot of junk out there and Christians need to be discerning and good stewards of the money that we have, so as not to waste it on junk.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,460
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,739
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Anyone remember Y2K?  LOL!  Now that was an end times joke!

With much agape love,

George

Guest Luisa Petruzzo

Talking about cashing in on Prophecy, I just subscribed to the Prophecy in the News Magazine (Gary Stearman, J.R. Church) and the subscription costed me ์.00 CDN for the year. I get my first issue and the magazine is about 15-20 pages thick and at least 7 or 8 of those pages are on advertisements to buy other Prophecy tools.

I was so disappointed.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Hi Luisa,

Welcome to this board.

Can you not cancel your subcription and ask for your money back?

Midnight call is a nice informetive end time magazine too and alot cheaper.

Love In Christ,Angels