• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/17/1967

1Co 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

1Co 6:20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

2Co 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

2Co 6:15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

2Co 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

2Co 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,

2Co 6:18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

There is no way unclean spirits including satan can possess a born again believer who is filled with the HOLY GHOST the bible tells us:

1Jo 4:4 ¶ Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

However we must be careful of who we listen to because we are warned in 1 John

1Jo 4:1 ¶ Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Remember God is all Powerful all knowing and present every where so GOD is able to keep us and protect us and deliver us from evil

Jude 24, 25

• 7 months later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  443
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

i know this is an old topic but i thought i'd put in my 2 cents. there are many people teaching christians can be demon possesed. remember dear christians what jesus said " he died to destory the works of the devil and else where christ said "behold i give you power over the enemy and nothing by any means shall harm you". i was watching the anderson cooper show last week where bob larson was a guest, and it just makes me sick seeing how he is making the poor souls think they are possesed and taking money from them at the same time.

have we as christians started to put more trust in our so called experiences rather than god's word?

can anyone show me in the bible where a christian had a demon cast out of them? and rember context is the key when understanding scripture.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  382
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  3

This is another example of cultic beliefs infiltrating the church. A true christian CANNOT be demon possessed. We can certainly be attacked from the outside, but the spirit of God and a demon CANNOT dwell in the same temple. The man mentioned in the OP, Larson is a total wackjob. I have seen him and he is a little freaky. We seem to be under the impression today that casting out demons is part of being a christian. Only Jesus and the apostles were able to cast out demons on any large scale. It is NOT something we are supposed to go out and do today, and there is certainly no command for us to do it. If someone is possessed, they are NOT saved.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.90
  • Days Won:  33

i know this is an old topic but i thought i'd put in my 2 cents. there are many people teaching christians can be demon possesed. remember dear christians what jesus said " he died to destory the works of the devil and else where christ said "behold i give you power over the enemy and nothing by any means shall harm you". i was watching the anderson cooper show last week where bob larson was a guest, and it just makes me sick seeing how he is making the poor souls think they are possesed and taking money from them at the same time.

have we as christians started to put more trust in our so called experiences rather than god's word?

can anyone show me in the bible where a christian had a demon cast out of them? and rember context is the key when understanding scripture.

Yes, the 'daughter of Abraham' Jesus spoke of in Luke 13

11 And, behold, there was a woman which had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years, and was bowed together, and could in no wise lift up herself.

12 And when Jesus saw her, he called her to him, and said unto her, Woman, thou art loosed from thine infirmity.

13 And he laid his hands on her: and immediately she was made straight, and glorified God.

14 And the ruler of the synagogue answered with indignation, because that Jesus had healed on the sabbath day, and said unto the people, There are six days in which men ought to work: in them therefore come and be healed, and not on the sabbath day.

15 The Lord then answered him, and said, Thou hypocrite, doth not each one of you on the sabbath loose his ox or his ass from the stall, and lead him away to watering?

16 And ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan hath bound, lo, these eighteen years, be loosed from this bond on the sabbath day?

I have had hundreds of counseling sessions in the last 28 yrs and about 95 % of them were/are professing Christians. About 150 times devils manifested through their personality

while I talked to them and after they confessed their sins I cast them out. Most of the time I did nothing to cause the devils to reveal themselves: God forced them up.

There is no scriptural teaching that tells us that believers cannot be invaded by demonic spirits. If they sin...they can open doors to them.

Best wishes.

So she was a descendant of Abraham, that doesn't make her a Christian. No where does it say that she had faith in the risen Lord.

I'm sorry but you are reading into the text. Please tell me which verse exactly says she is a Christian, because all I see is "seed of Abe" and the two are NOT the same.

As for Annais and Sapphira, here is the first half of those verses...

1 But a man named Ananias, with his wife Sapphira, sold a piece of property, 2 and kept back some of the price for himself, with his wife’s [a]full knowledge, and bringing a portion of it, he laid it at the apostles’ feet. 3 But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and to keep back some of the price of the land? 4 While it remained unsold, did it not remain your own? And after it was sold, was it not under your control? Why is it that you have [c]conceived this deed in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God.” 5 And as he heard these words, Ananias fell down and breathed his last; and great fear came over all who heard of it. 6 The young men got up and covered him up, and after carrying him out, they buried him.

Satan filling his heart is the not the same as a demonic spirit entering him. We all have selfish desires from our flesh that aren't of God.

Light casts out darkness.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

Matthew 12:44 states "Then he says, ‘I will return to my house from which I came.’ And when he comes, he finds it empty, swept, and put in order." If the Holy Spirit resides in the person, the "house" is no longer empty. Do you believe that the Holy Spirit will allow evil spirits to reside in His dwelling?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

This is another example of cultic beliefs infiltrating the church. A true christian CANNOT be demon possessed. We can certainly be attacked from the outside, but the spirit of God and a demon CANNOT dwell in the same temple. The man mentioned in the OP, Larson is a total wackjob. I have seen him and he is a little freaky. We seem to be under the impression today that casting out demons is part of being a christian. Only Jesus and the apostles were able to cast out demons on any large scale. It is NOT something we are supposed to go out and do today, and there is certainly no command for us to do it. If someone is possessed, they are NOT saved.

We need to come to the understanding that we are created as tripartite people. We are spirits who have souls and live in bodies. When Jesus Christ saves us, Holy Spirit comes to dwell within our spirit, and brings with Him that presence of God that never leaves us or forsakes us. But our souls are another matter. Demons can remain in control of our minds and thoughts in the areas where they have their strength. They hide out there! Phobias, aversions, besetting sins, and controlling vices can still remain in a believer after salvation, and they are demonic strongholds.

I know many Christians who have been delivered of demonic strongholds and even demon activity in their minds and bodies. Whena person comes to Christ and has suffered with demonic interference all their lives, they are not always suddenly freed at that point. As a Christian grows in Christ, the demonic becomes evident and reveals itself to the person or to others and that leads to the person seeking help and deliverance.

The Church is rife with people suffering demonic strongholds and that is why deliverance and the freedom in Christ teaching is so prevalent. You don't see too many unbelievers being delivered, do you?

We are all as believers, equipped to cast out demons---that is a mark of a believer!

Mark 16:17

These miraculous signs will accompany those who believe: They will cast out demons in my name, and they will speak in new languages.

Jesus cast out demons from many unbelievers. noidea.gif

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

He did so because people came to Him first.

He did so because people came to Him first.

And that proves what?