• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Luke 11 warns us that we as followers of Christ need to make sure that the light we have fills every dark corner, lest we be deceived. It also warns about making sure that we do not continue in deception or with a divided heart once we have been delivered, or we will become bound again, only worse.

That is what happened to me many years ago. Having been born again for about a decade, I succumbed to worldliness and yet still maintained faith in Jesus Christ, and my mind became a place where a strong demon made himself a home---until I was delivered. I wasn't what they call possessed, because my spirit is the dwelling place of God, but my soul---my mind and emotions and personality was affected and greatly troubled by the presence of the demon of fear. Upon its deliverance from me, I have been free ever since---about 33 years, now.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

gdemoss's unbiblical assertion that God "scourge's every believer. What total bunk.

I was only repeating what the word of God says.

Hbr 12:6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth , and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth .

In His Love,

Gary

Edited to add, that I have been researching this because of the vehement response and have found that it is a quote of the Greek Septuagint for Proverbs 3:12. Proverbs 3:12 from Hebrew to English seems to speak of correction without using the word scourging. That said, the word scourging definitely appears in the Greek NT for Hebrews 12. I am not sure what to make of that other than it is the inspired word of God.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.90
  • Days Won:  33

Closed for review.

This thread won't be reopened unless someone PM's a servant with a good reason to reopen it. Please remember your p's and q's.