whatsitmean

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  881
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

And yes, it only has the power we allow it to.

We watched 30 minutes of Nosferatu and couldn't stand the cheesy music so we went to bed!

That was an answer to prayer.

I guess I don't get an explanation on the power thing.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't see this at first.

Who gave Satan power?

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  396
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  09/26/1961

QUOTE JIPSAH:  Quote  

where do you see that we have any authority to empower Satan to own or not own a certain day or he has not authority unless we give it to him?

Satan has no power that we don't allow him to have.  This is the guy who  will FLEE if we simply resist him!  So if he "owns" a certain day, or anything else, it's because we've given it to him and haven't run him off as it is well within our power to do.

As for authority, who gave him any?  He has none.  If you choose to heed his blandishments then on your head be it.  He has no power to compel you to do anything.

I couldn't have said this better myself. whatsitmean keeps asking where I get the idea that satan has no power which we do not allow...

Well, it's all through the good book, WIM, and I am with Jipsah--satan has already been defeated. He's just to arrogant to admit it yet.The only people who will be with satan when he falls are the arrogant and the fools anyway. He can't hurt me. Christ is all over me and writtne in the book of life big as day is MY name!

Well, it's all through the good book, WIM, and I am with Jipsah--satan has already been defeated.

Is there any particular part of the good book you'd like to mention?

Defeated, yes.  Imprisoned, NOT yet.

JIPSAH YOU ARE ON FIRE TODAY, MAN! ON FIRE!! :read:  :)

How about this for some scripture:

Luke 10:17-20

10:17 And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name.

10:18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.

10:19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

10:20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven. :read:

And yes, it only has the power we allow it to.

We watched 30 minutes of Nosferatu and couldn't stand the cheesy music so we went to bed!

That was an answer to prayer.

I guess I don't get an explanation on the power thing.

Oh, you prayed that the score for Nosferatu would be realllly bad, huh? :butbut: :read:

Couldn't have anything to do with having seen it umpteen times before.

I missed whatever you're asking about the "power thing". Is that what I responded to above with Luke chapter 10? You know if you've read the Bible that we have power over Satan in Christ's name. Surely you're not asking for specific scriptures because you doubt the truth of that statement?! :read:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

JIPSAH YOU ARE ON FIRE TODAY, MAN! ON FIRE!! :read:

You didn't answer my question about other fairy tales and stories that glorify magic. Do you see those as being "battles with demons"?

To me they are all the SAME. Dracula, Beauty and the Beast, Peter Pan, Cinderella, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Jack o'lanterns, the Monster Mash, Snow White--all the same. FANTASY, and I don't give them any importance in my life. Not until this conversation, that is!

I do not see any of it as a battle for my soul or loyalty! I see THAT way of thinking as paranoid. My Lord wants me to love others as I love myself, and tell others about Him. I rrrreeeeaaally don't think either God OR satan takes the other stuff we're so adamantly arguing here seriously!

Demons are real, though, and they fight us where we LIVE. For instance, arrogance, pride, vanity, sloth, self-righteousness, piety; these are true demons attacking us all the time, and this attack is ongoing and it's the kind that destroys us. Watching Dracula or even Nosferatu doesn't affect me either way, except to say "Wow, I'm glad movies are better made these days!" God doesn't mind the fantasy--remember, even kids who NEVER EVER see a movie will still pretend to have magical powers!! They still pretend to fly, to be invisible, to be invincible-- It is natural, as long as you keep it in its place, which is right there with Peter Pan and don't give it any more power than THAT!!

See, that's how it's overpowered. It's just NOT IMPORTANT!

You also didn't answer my question about witnessing to strangers and obeying His command in that way. Do you do that every day? Do you seek out ways to bring strangers to Christ? Do you tithe to the Lord? Follow His commandments every day? If you don't, that's the demons you should be worried about, my brother. :read: