whatsitmean

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

Today is Oct. 31st, or Holloween. I surely hope that no christians are participating in this festival of evil. This is the most celebrated holiday for the worshippers of satan. True christians should never take part in this pagan celebration. And I don't mean just not allowing your kids to go trick or treating. I also mean not giving out any candy. As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. On this night, none of our outside lights will be on, and very few in the house. This discourages any tricksters to come to our door. This approach works very well. For the past two years in a row, we have not had even one trick or treater come to our door, and only a couple in the previous years. When they do come though, we just politely tell them that we do not participate in Holloween because we are christians. Praise the Lord, we have not even had an egg thrown at our house yet, or at our cars either!! And the people seem to respect our choice.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  662
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/01/1960

Agreed~Since my conversion I have sought the answers to the spiritual battle I went through.

Through this journey I have came across the "traps" of celebating or worshipping other gods all through the OT. Are we more apt to just say "it seemed okay in my own eyes"? Isn't that elevating our decision making abilities ABOVE what "Thus saith the Lord"?  Do we really think the Lord is any less serious about this than He was in the OT? I think not! If any thing because we have His written Word we will be held more accountable than the secular world. Where knowledge is given, it is also required to excercise it.

As you can guess I'm totally against ANYTHING that promotes the occult....anyway, anyhow...

Just my .02

In Christ, Karen :read:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I have on a costume for work, am handing out candy, and am attending a candlelight "all saints" vigil at church for all those who are in Heaven and it's a rememberance of family and friends who have passed on.  I have attended another church's "haunted house" which was wonderful!  The theme was Heaven and hell.  In the begining (front) of the "house" (which was held in the church, by the way), you were able to witness the horrified faces and moans of those trapped forever in eternal damnation.  The ending was absolutely beautiful...with the acceptance of Jesus Christ, the visitors of this "haunted house" were given rainbow glasses and the pews of the church were transformed into a lovely imitation of how Heaven would be.  There were angles and the actresses/actors said "welcome to Heaven-because you accept Jesus Christ as your savior, you will spend eternity with Him and God" (or something like that)...how wonderful!  It made me cry!!

I respectfully disagree with where you are coming from.  I know that God knows what's in my heart and He knows I am not worshipping the devil.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  396
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  09/26/1961

That haunted church idea is great. This is not "the devil's day"; I give him NO days as his own. He has no power unless we give it to him.

Tonight hubby and I will probably watch some campy "dracula" something or other, understanding that it is silliness, and go to bed. :thumb:

To me Halloween means it's finally FALL!! Cool and crisp outside, caramel apples and fires in the fireplace, silly movies and popcorn balls...here comes Thanksgiving!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

I have on a costume for work, am handing out candy, and am attending a candlelight "all saints" vigil at church for all those who are in Heaven and it's a rememberance of family and friends who have passed on.

• Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  881
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

He has no power unless we give it to him.

FHA, you have said this several times and I would like to know where you get this idea.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Rolling Thunder,

*I* am not "turning anything into anything" as you say-plus, by the way, it was not my church (no that it matters).

God is my judge and He knows my heart. Period.  I don't have to prove/disprove anything to anyone.

I also noticed there has already been a "Halloween" post on here-why didn't you just post it there??  

I am not ashamed at the fact that I am not in any way celebrating Satan.  I think that is ridiculous.  I *am* sorry that you find it so easy to judge others.  I will pray for you.

quote whatsitmean:    Seems like the devil doesn't even need his 'angel of light' costume to fool some people, they think he is entertaining enough just way he his, dark and evil.

My my my, a little judgemental there. I am not fooled nor do I choose to empower satan by allowing him to "own" October 31! You know, I used to post in that same frame of mind; like everyone else is just a little less than righteous. Pride dost go before a fall. I am plenty secure in my relationship with Christ. Whether I watch Dracula or not is inconsequential. Whether I witness and share Him with others IS what is important, and I certainly do, every day.  :thumb:

I will pray for you as I hope you will for me! :read:

by the way:

Please see my post in "spiritual warfare" under Harry Potter if you'd like a little more insight into my feelings on fantasy vs reality!

See, Dracula and all that stuff falls into the category of MYTH and FANTASY, or IMAGINARY. Not that satan is imaginary, but I doubt he has anything to do with silliness such as vampire folklore. He's much too busy tempting Christians to be self-righteous and prideful.  :read:

That haunted church idea is great. This is not "the devil's day"; I give him NO days as his own. He has no power unless we give it to him.
Tell it, sis!

You know what honks me of the worst?