• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Honestly, you need a good study Bible.

I don't need your snide remarks.... I type what I know and I let it go...you don't have to believe...just leave...

I'm not debating the word of Jesus. Somebody asked what it was...I told them. This is a board. If you don't believe it....so be it...move on

Good thing about freewill...you don't have to believe anything...or you can believe what makes you feel good....or you can believe what makes you feel bad....or you can believe what satan tells you or what Jesus tells you...

that is the reason Jesus the author of Life gave us a brain..choices/you are tested everyday with choices....and he gave us the Holy Word that can be absorbed with about 3rd grade education...When Jesus says woe to the man that betrays him...take heed......Judas' heart was filled with darkness...he could have prayed till he was blue in the face and asked forgiveness...Jesus knew his heart and he knew he was a liar... nobody is fooling Jesus Christ...

I type on this board if I have extra time...and something that I read bothers me...and Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is a serious subject and not to be taken lightly... And if somebody has doubts about Jesus and his way and his truth....I want them to do some heavy duty soul searching before they betray/denounce him.

Your basically telling saved individuals there is no problem going to the enemies camp...experiment and make sure Jesus is the best way...your always welcomed back by Jesus...your saved ....nothing you can do will separate his love for ya...by the way the enemy (satan) appreciates this theory...and he has been kicked out from Heaven...learn from satan this simple lesson...betrayal is unforgivable

... ...I'm saying no matter what you do...don't betray the only one that can love and protect you...Jesus Christ..

You may get mad, angered, upset with Jesus and this world. Jesus understands our struggles and will forgive....just don't betray him...

If that is bad advice...again..... so be it

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

This is what Dr. Charles Stanley of In Touch Ministries has to say about it: Reference Matthew 12:22-32.

You cannot commit an unpardonable sin. I receive many letters from people who believe they have. They feel guilt over adultery, murder, doubt, or some other mistake. But the one sin Jesus said would not be forgiven was unique to His time on earth.

But no unpardonable sin exists today. Every offense that can be committed is covered by Christ's atoning sacrifice.

Everybody wants to hear this...too bad it isn't true.

1 John 5:16 NIV

If anyone sees his brother commit a sin that does not lead to death, he should pray and God will give him life. I refer to those whose sin does not lead to death. There is a sin that leads to death. I am not saying that he should pray about that.

This passage wasn't written when Jesus was on the earth in bodily form. The enemy is cursed and this world is cursed because of the enemy. If you decide to go to the enemy's camp and blasphemy Jesus Christ, betray Jesus Christ. Woe to the man that betrays Jesus Christ. Many people even so called christians are betraying Jesus Christ. Most even know when they have done it.. Look at Judas, he even repented and he lost his mind and committed suicide. If you decide to follow the footsteps of Judas...there is no hope and you will reap what you sow. Satan has been a liar from the beginning blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is a very eternal consequence.

Denying Jesus Christ is not good but betraying Jesus Christ is a terrible, unforgivable, decision.

Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is to commit the unforgivable sin. Cain was the first to do this. People literally become children of the wrong god. This is permanent and cannot be undone. Jesus mentioned of course that some of the Pharisees were in this category; see John 8:40 -->

It's not swearing so called. It is a commitment to one of the kingdoms of the world. In our day and time Politics, Entertainment, and education are three of the biggest areas influenced by these people. At the top of every religion sits one who is opposed to God. Christians cannot do this. We belong to God; forever and ever.

Mentioned above someone said there is no such thing now due to Christs atoning sacrifice. That is not true. Man can still sin and in 1 John which is written to our day and time it says there IS a sin unto death. Read the bible please. Ron

Edited by Ottawan61350

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

I don't need your snide remarks....

I wasn't trying to be snide. It was an honest suggestion.

Judas' heart was filled with darkness...he could have prayed till he was blue in the face and asked forgiveness...Jesus knew his heart and he knew he was a liar... nobody is fooling Jesus Christ...

Jesus knew Judas would not ask - that's a big difference. There is nothing in scripture that's even hints what you are saying about Judas is true. Judas was not forgiven because he never asked to be forgiven. Again, Judas felt remorse for what he did, and felt sorry for himself, but he never bothered to ask to be forgiven.

Your basically telling saved individuals there is no problem going to the enemies camp

I NEVER said there was no problem going into the enemies camp. I was simply pointing out that you claim if a Christian backslides and perhaps is enticed into a cult or false religion, they can never repent and come back to the Lord. That they can pray "until they are blue in the face" and never be forgiven. That is unbiblical and cruel. You are presenting an image of God as having His arms crossed as a backsliden believer begs and cries out for mercy and forgiveness to God, and God saying, "Nope, sorry, but you had your chance and you messed it up. No mercy for you!"

Ever read the story of the Prodigal Son? That is a picture of God's love for us. The son was with his father, left, went into the world, and came back a beggar. What did his father do? He welcomed his son back with open arms.

by the way the enemy (satan) appreciates this theory...and he has been kicked out from Heaven...learn from satan this simple lesson...betrayal is unforgivable

The reason it was unforgivable for Satan and the other fallen angels is because God did not provide a means of redemption for the fallen angels as he did for mankind through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. What would have been the point of Jesus dying for angels that never could die themselves?

If that is bad advice...again..... so be it

It's not bad advice to tell people not to betray Jesus, but the point is, the only sin God will not forgive is the rejection of the gift of salvation through Christ to the point of death.

Guest shiloh357
This is what Dr. Charles Stanley of In Touch Ministries has to say about it: Reference Matthew 12:22-32.

You cannot commit an unpardonable sin. I receive many letters from people who believe they have. They feel guilt over adultery, murder, doubt, or some other mistake. But the one sin Jesus said would not be forgiven was unique to His time on earth.

But no unpardonable sin exists today. Every offense that can be committed is covered by Christ's atoning sacrifice.

Everybody wants to hear this...too bad it isn't true.

1 John 5:16 NIV

If anyone sees his brother commit a sin that does not lead to death, he should pray and God will give him life. I refer to those whose sin does not lead to death. There is a sin that leads to death. I am not saying that he should pray about that.

This passage wasn't written when Jesus was on the earth in bodily form. The enemy is cursed and this world is cursed because of the enemy. If you decide to go to the enemy's camp and blasphemy Jesus Christ, betray Jesus Christ. Woe to the man that betrays Jesus Christ. Many people even so called christians are betraying Jesus Christ. Most even know when they have done it.. Look at Judas, he even repented and he lost his mind and committed suicide. If you decide to follow the footsteps of Judas...there is no hope and you will reap what you sow. Satan has been a liar from the beginning blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is a very eternal consequence.

Denying Jesus Christ is not good but betraying Jesus Christ is a terrible, unforgivable, decision.

John is not referring to Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

If it was something Christians could commit, there would multitudious warnings all throughout the epistles. The ONLY people in the Bible who EVER committed this sin were unbelievers. There is not one shred of biblical evidence for a Christian to commit this sin.

There is no evidence that Judas repented. Judas' act of suicide did not stem from repentance.

Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is rooted in unbelief, which makes it impossible for a Christian to commit. Blasphemy is not the same as betrayal. Blasphemy is an attempt to injure or defame God openly in the full knowledge of the truth. It is not a one time act necessarily. The problem is that people are trying to apply their own subjective definitions to this and in doing so, they only create confusion.

• 10 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  08/19/1934

(Acts 5:1-11)

(Acts 5:1-11)

Guest shiloh357
Let me ask you something. A Christian whom Jesus has made his home in has been living the Word of God, and is telling God/Holy Spirit that he or she loves him. Then that person deliberately commits a sin. Now that person is telling God/Holy Spirit that no I love Satan/sin. That is one terrible insult to the Holy Spirit. I believe that is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. What do you think?
No, that is not blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

The sin against the Holy Spirit unpardonable because of its own nature: It consists in the rejection of way of salvation by Christ, in opposition to the fullest evidence and the only evidence that shall be given (Heb. 2: 3)

The sin against the Holy Spirit consists in continual impenitence and unbelief. It is not an act, but habit. It is the calm, determined, and persevering rejection of Jesus Christ as the Savior of man, in opposition to all the testimony of His word and Spirit. It is committed and continued in delightedly and knowingly, where it is committed at all. Fear of God is not compatible with its nature. Because it is rooted in unbelief, it cannot be committed by a Christian.

Your notion of blasphemy makes any sin a Christian commits as blasphemy and the Bible does not support that. You need to align what you believe with the Bible.

(Hebrews 10:26-31) If, after we have been given knowledge of the truth, we should deliberately commit any sins, then there is no longer any sacrifice for them. There is left only the dreadful prospect of judgment and of the fiery wrath that is to devour your enemies. Anyone who disregards the Law of Moses is ruthlessly put to death on the word of two witnesses or three; and you may be sure that anyone who tramples on the Son of God, and who treats the blood of the covenant which sanctified him as if it were not holy, and who insults the Spirit of grace, will be condemned to a far severer punishment. We are all aware who it was that said: Vengeance is mine; I will vindicate his people. It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

This passage is talking about apostacy, not blasphemy.

(1 John 3:8) He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work
John is demonstrating that a person who lives in habitual sin and does the work of the devil continually is not a true believer, i.e. was never saved.

Let me ask you something. A Christian whom Jesus has made his home in has been living the Word of God, and is telling God/Holy Spirit that he or she loves him. Then that person deliberately commits a sin. Now that person is telling God/Holy Spirit that no I love Satan/sin. That is one terrible insult to the Holy Spirit. I believe that is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. What do you think?

The sin against the Holy Spirit unpardonable because of its own nature: It consists in the rejection of way of salvation by Christ, in opposition to the fullest evidence and the only evidence that shall be given (Heb. 2: 3)

The sin against the Holy Spirit consists in continual impenitence and unbelief. It is not an act, but habit. It is the calm, determined, and persevering rejection of Jesus Christ as the Savior of man, in opposition to all the testimony of His word and Spirit. It is committed and continued in delightedly and knowingly, where it is committed at all. Fear of God is not compatible with its nature. Because it is rooted in unbelief, it cannot be committed by a Christian.

Your notion of blasphemy makes any sin a Christian commits as blasphemy and the Bible does not support that. You need to align what you believe with the Bible.

(Hebrews 10:26-31)

(Hebrews 10:26-31)