IGNORED

A Discussion on the Temple in Ezekial 40-48

Matthitjah

Guest shiloh357
Is this discussion concluded?

You might want to ask Botz. I thought he was preparing a response.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  18

Is this discussion concluded?

You might want to ask Botz. I thought he was preparing a response.

Apologies, I have been wrapped up in other things, it was rude of me to take so long in replying.

Shiloh asked....

What evidence do you find to suggest the man( with the measuring rod) was someone other than Jesus?

I had already intimated that what was happening in the vision conformed more to the function and ministry of an angel, rather than an appearance of the L-rd. Right at the very beginning of this debate, you had referred to this being as Jesus, and I did not question it, but because someone challenged this in another thread, I re-considered and think it is more likely to be an angel because:-

1. In chapter 40 verses 1-4 it says: 1 In the twenty-fifth year of our exile, at the beginning of the year, on the tenth of the month, in the fourteenth year after the city was taken, on that same day the hand of the LORD was upon me and He brought me there. 2 In the visions of God He brought me into the land of Israel and set me on a very high mountain, and on it to the south there was a structure like a city. 3 So He brought me there; and behold, there was a man whose appearance was like the appearance of bronze, with a line of flax and a measuring rod in his hand; and he was standing in the gateway. 4 The man said to me,

Guest shiloh357

You make some good points. I think I will abandon what I said before about the man being Jesus. I now think that was misstatement on my part based on the biblical evidence you provided.

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  18

I think this debate has gone as far as it can go, and I would like to thank Shiloh for inviting the discourse....Most debates usually involve two separate sides of an argument, but this was more of a debate of discovery for me, and I really appreciate this portion of Scripture Ezekiel 40/50 far more....and although things are not crystal clear by any means, and it has probably raised more questions than answers, it has left me with a graphic impression of something of the substance of this vision, and how there will come a time when it will come to pass.

Am I therefore a Dispensationalist? From what I have read and discussed here, I cannot see a positive alternative to what the Scriptures clearly seem to indicate...this is the final glorious Temple, where G-d will dwell among men for 1,000 years, before for one last time Satan is allowed to wander to and fro over the Earth, and G-d's final plan and judgment comes into play.

So once again thanks Shiloh and also to Dave for setting it up. Shalom. Botz

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.58
  • Days Won:  1

Debate closed at request of participants. Good job