Revelation

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  92
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Here are some excerpts from a paper in Lambert Dolphin's library (http://www.ldolphin.org/timejoint.html).

Israel is the key factor in understanding the age we live in now. A little over a hundred years ago God began to allow Jewish immigrants to return to their homeland after two millennia of Diaspora. National identity was restored to Israel in 1958 and the Jewish State has grown in numbers and in economic and military strength ever since. All this is consistent with the predictions of Israel's ancient prophets. In other words, the stage is being set in the Middle East for the Second Advent of Jesus Christ. Israel is as yet an unbelieving nation and their glorious future as head of the nations will only come after the "time of Jacob's trouble" when many millions of Jews will perish as World War III rages in their very midst. (Zechariah 12-14 has a number of details about these approaching events)

There are a lot of things happening in our world which tell the discerning that the end of the age is near. Once slumbering background desert kingdoms in the Middle East surrounding Israel have sprung back to wealth and power and became major players on the world stage. Reconfiguration of the nations of Europe clearly speaks of a coalescing federation towards the ten nation "revived Roman Empire" spoken of in Bible prophecy. A clear movement towards one world government can be seen from the daily news. A world-religion is coalescing and drawing together all religious peoples who do not name the name of Jesus as Lord. As the age draws to a close we see more and more violence and evil coming to the surface as God releases restraints on the evil in the human heart.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Content Count:  92

Here's a link to a paper by the late Ray C. Stedman that you might be interested in: Are These The Last Days

Are these the last days?

It is easy to answer that question with a hasty, "Yes." It is easy to compile from the Scriptures a few dramatic descriptive passages that would make most of us say today, "This is it. We are facing those very conditions." But I am rendered cautious in doing that, first, because I know that historically this has been done scores if not hundreds of times in the past. You can read back through a few generations of Christian life and for the last three centuries, at least, there have been groups that were absolutely sure that their days were the last days. Some of them even set dates for the return of Christ. Other groups have been sure, as they observed the appearances of their own times, that these were the days before the return of the Lord. Yet we know that all of them were wrong. Therefore, it ought to be a caution to us, it ought to give us pause, before we do the same thing in our own times and immediately pronounce that we are in the last days.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  68

Someone posted 'signs' that point to this being the case

I believe I am the one you're referring to. :crazy: Here's what I posted in case anyone else is interested.

Allright, here we go.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  154
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  04/12/1974

I don't think these are the 'end times'. But there is no way to be certain and you may very well be right Butterfly. Only time will tell. Thank you for your response.

Prime#

Guest openeddoorcom

I feel that we definately are in the end-times. It seems that there are more and more of the new age movements' beliefs being accepted. One of the most prominent teachings is that man can become a god.

In Thesolonians 2, we are warned that the anti-christ (the man of lawlessness) will sit in God's temple and proclaim to be god. I would like to mention that there is a man named Lord Maitreya who fits this description.

Maitreya claims to be the one that all religions are waiting for, including the Christians. His goal is to unite all of these into a one world religion. His eleven Masters of Wisdom are rewriting the Holy Bible and are planning the date.

He may not be the anti-christ, but he is sure paving the way for him......

• Content Count:  49

Yes, Lord Maitreya is a creepy one, isn't he?? He truly believes he is Christ, and the answer to all other religions as well: Buddishm, Hinduism, etc. He is living in...Britian, I think???

:shocked:

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  45

well, if he claims he is the christ, he is not the antichrist, for the antichrist will not be revealed (make the claim to be the messiah) until the middle of the 7 year period, after the 7th trumpet.  (See Daniel and Revelations)

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Yes, I agree, many people over the ages have been saying that these are the "last days." But I firmly believe that now is the actual time when we can really say that. What I mean is that I believe that this is the only point in time throughout history that Christ's return is possible, based on prophecy that stated certain criteria that must have occured before His coming. An example of that would be the regathering of the nation of Israel, which was spoken of in Ezekiel 37. Also, Christ said that the generation that saw Israel's rebirth as a nation would be the last generation before He would return (Matthew 24:32-35; Mark 13:28-31; Luke 21:29-33).

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  154
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  04/12/1974

True Jesus saves, but is Israel really a 'complete' nation? They are not totally in control of the occupied territories, and Israel's size doesn't even compare to the land size spoken of in the old testament. Perhaps Israel must gain all this land before becoming the 'last generation' Israel you're speaking of? Just a suggestion.

Prime#

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

True Prime Number, that is a good point, and I really can't answer whether or not regaining all their territory is required. I hope to be able to get back to this discussion with an answer to that question soon.