IGNORED

Are the Rapture/Second Coming the same event?

rollinTHUNDER

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

Many believers try to use the gospels, mainly Mathew 24, as proof against a pre-trib rapture, but I want to share something about this profound mystery that many are not aware of.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest okiejack

The idea of the pretrib secret rapture needs a lot of explaining by humans to be understood. Through countless books and lectures the pretrib secret rapture idea has become popular in recient years.

"""""""""""The temple was destroyed in 70 AD, but the second coming and the end of the age are still unfulfilled future events,,,,,,,,,,,""""""""""""&

quot;

The fall of Jerusalem in 70CE was the end of that age. Since that time Jerusalem has been occupied by people other than GOD's people.

We as Christians know that Jesus is coming and we know that all the scaring things that are happening are signs of the end time predicted in the New Testament. However, we as Christians do not know day Jesus will return. So the "thief in the night" idea is valid without the pretrip secret rapture idea.

The idea of the pretrib secret rapture needs a lot of explaining by humans to be understood. Through countless books and lectures the pretrib secret rapture idea has become popular in recient years.

Hi Okiejack,

Knowledge is increasing my friend.  It may be true that the rapture may need a lot of explaining for some, but we were told to encourage one another with these words.  It is our hope and it also requires faith.  One thing for sure, this rapture is not for everybody if you know what I mean.

"""""""""""The temple was destroyed in 70 AD, but the second coming and the end of the age are still unfulfilled future events,,,,,,,,,,,""""""""""""&

amp;

quot;

The fall of Jerusalem in 70CE was the end of that age. Since that time Jerusalem has been occupied by people other than GOD's people.

I believe we are still in the same age that they were in then.  We call it the age of grace or the church age.  Jesus started it and I believe He will also finish it, after all, He is the Alpha and the Omega, (the first and the last).

We as Christians know that Jesus is coming and we know that all the scaring things that are happening are signs of the end time predicted in the New Testament. However, we as Christians do not know day Jesus will return. So the "thief in the night" idea is valid without the pretrip secret rapture idea.

I agree to some degree.  The rapture doesn't depend on our idea at all.  I see it as an event that is sure to happen, as a future fact.  We can not stop it with our beliefs.  

You are entitled to your opinion, however, I would suggest not letting our beliefs trip us up and keep us from being ready for this glorious future event.  Watching and waiting and being prepared is the key to it all.  Thanks for stopping by okiejack!!

Guest okiejack

""""""""""You are entitled to your opinion, however, I would suggest not letting our beliefs trip us up and keep us from being ready for this glorious future event.  Watching and waiting and being prepared is the key to it all.  Thanks for stopping by okiejack!! """"""""""""

Yes I agree with your advice about not "letting our beliefs trip us up". I would add that we should not let someone elses beliefs trip us up either.

I read and studied the Bible for thirty years before I learned of the pretrib secret rapture idea. But I did not learn about the pretrib secret rapture idea from my Bible studies. I heard it from a human. As far as I am concerned GOD can rapture anyone any time He wants to. But I see no support for the pretrib secret rapture of the whole Christian fellowship in the Bible.

However, the pretrib secret rapture idea has been a postitive in my Bible studies. Whenever I hear about one of these new revelations someone comes up with, it causes me to question and search the scripture to see if there is anything to it.

As for the "end of the age"? I think scripture supports my position. If you study GOD's dealings with the Nation of Israel and the prophecies of the Old Testament about GOD's people? You will find that GOD's plan is well ordered and timed. GOD sent His Son to His chosen people and they rejected Him. When Israel did this GOD ended what I call His Nation building  age by destroying Israel as a nation. This is why Jesus sealed a New Covenant that had no distinction between Jew and Gentile, male and female.

Anyhow that's the way I see it.

I don't post much but I lurk here a lot.

GOD bless you.

I read and studied the Bible for thirty years before I learned of the pretrib secret rapture idea. But I did not learn about the pretrib secret rapture idea from my Bible studies. I heard it from a human. As far as I am concerned GOD can rapture anyone any time He wants to. But I see no support for the pretrib secret rapture of the whole Christian fellowship in the Bible.

However, the pretrib secret rapture idea has been a postitive in my Bible studies. Whenever I hear about one of these new revelations someone comes up with, it causes me to question and search the scripture to see if there is anything to it.

Well okiejack,

I'm glad that you learned it from a human, and not an alien or an ape.

As for the "end of the age"? I think scripture supports my position. If you study GOD's dealings with the Nation of Israel and the prophecies of the Old Testament about GOD's people? You will find that GOD's plan is well ordered and timed. GOD sent His Son to His chosen people and they rejected Him. When Israel did this GOD ended what I call His Nation building

Well folks, this is only the end of part one of this thread.  In a few days I will be bringing more Biblical proof to a pre-trib rapture.  Be patient though, I will be very busy for the next couple of days.  Next time I will shed even more light on this subject and the best is yet to come.  God Is so good!!!

Guest okiejack

"""""""""""""I would be careful with this idea though.  It appears to be a Preterist view, which, at one time, would have made good common sense, but not anymore.  Why you may ask??  Because of the re-birth of the nation of Israel.  All endtime prophecy is centered on and in Israel."""""""""""""&quot

;"""

I don't know what a "Preterist view" is? I just read the Bible and pray for understanding and to not to be deceived by humans. I believe this is why GOD gave us the Bible. With the Bible each of us as individuals can know GOD's word and the fallacy of human bias is nullified.

End time Prophecy is "centered on" Jesus being the Christ, in my opinion. Other than that it's centered on GOD's people and Jerusalem.

The idea that the Jewish Nation we call Israel these days represents the restoration of the Nation of GOD's chosen people is yet to be proven, in my opinion. The Jewish Nation we call Israel is not a Christian nation and therefore cannot represent GOD's chosen people, yet.

"""""Isa 62:2  The Gentiles shall see your righteousness, And all kings your glory. You shall be called by a new name, Which the mouth of the LORD will name.""""""

If in fact the Jewish Nation we call Israel these days is the Nation prophecied in the Bible? What is this "new name"? It's not the name Jew. Because the name Jew was used when this prophecy was made.

"""""""""Heb 9:26  If that had been necessary, he would have had to die again and again, ever since the world began. But no! He came once for all time, at the end of the age, to remove the power of sin forever by his sacrificial death for us.""""""""""

Jesus came at the end of that age. When the Temple was destroyed and most of the Nation of Israel was scattered, the curtain fell on an age that had started with GOD's promise to Abram.

I don't believe that Christ has already come again. I don't believe all the prophecies of the Bible have been fulfilled, yet. But I do believe that when Jesus comes for His saints it will be with power and glory and that every knee will bend.