IGNORED

Are the Rapture/Second Coming the same event?

rollinTHUNDER

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  662
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/01/1960

:inlove: Hi! I really enjoy Lambert Dolphin writtings on Pre trib... he was an avid student of Ray Stedman...

I would reccommend the whole site.. A gold mine in itself... it is to me anyhow..

http://www.ldolphin.org/war-on.html

http://www.ldolphin.org/asstbib.shtml

In Christ, Karen :thumb:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest okiejack

Thank you KarenC. I appreciate the thought behind you offering that site.

But I'll stick with the Bible. With my simple mind I am easily confused and have a tendancy to be easily misled. I used to read commentaries and the like. But now I just read the Bible. I figure that GOD, being all powerful, needs no human to explain what His word means.

GOD is LOVE

:inlove: Okiejack...sorry but I have a question...What are you doing HERE?  :shocked:

After all we are only human... :crazy:

Guest shadow2b
Thank you KarenC. I appreciate the thought behind you offering that site.

But I'll stick with the Bible. With my simple mind I am easily confused and have a tendancy to be easily misled. I used to read commentaries and the like. But now I just read the Bible. I figure that GOD, being all powerful, needs no human to explain what His word means.

GOD is LOVE

good idea okie,it works better that way--as far as the PRE-TRIB rapture goes,welllll that's just about as far as it goes---

it seems the pre-trib,mid-tribbers go --they always TRY to make the SECOND coming of YESHUA -JESUS- AND the [rapture,gathering ,catching away[into TWO separate events,

which CANNOT,scripturally be done,without destroying the pure,clear,plain,& simple truth of GOD'S wORD--sorry folks but

that is the plain truth---i can't understand why or how anyone can MIS-read,MIS-understand,the simplicity that is so obvious in the scriptures---i used to have a damnyankee brother-in-law that would run up a mountainto tell a lie ,when he could stand still & tell the truth--weird,but true--:shocked:

:crazy:

SHALOM

shadow2b

Guest shadow2b
The idea of the pretrib secret rapture needs a lot of explaining by humans to be understood. Through countless books and lectures the pretrib secret rapture idea has become popular in recient years.

Hi Okiejack,

Knowledge is increasing my friend.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  455
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

One point that has always "stuck-out" with me....is for a pre-trib raputre...Jesus has to come back 3 times?

Can any pre-tribber make this plaiin as to how there are only first and second comings, but this theory looks like three?

Or is one just a "swoop", a "near" coming?  And where is that in scripture? :shocked:

:inlove:

Did you even try and read the links I posted... It would only be fair..don't ya think.

I'll post them again...

http://www.ldolphin.org/war-on.html

http://www.ldolphin.org/asstbib.shtml

further...

www.ldolphin.org/shakedown.html

In HIM, Karen

Guest okiejack

I went to the site and read some of the ideas. Lots of supposition, explaination, and justification but no scripture that clearly validates the secret, pretrib, rapture idea.

"""""""""Okiejack...sorry but I have a question...What are you doing HERE?  

After all we are only human...  """""""""""

Enjoying myself for the most part and fellowshipping with those who believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of the one true living GOD.

We may disagree on the validity of the secret, pretrib, rapture idea but hopefully that does not affect our agreement on who and what Jesus is.

My point on not accepting other humans interpretation of GOD's Word is this, my salvation is too important to entrust to another human. My salvation is between GOD and I. It's personal. Very personal. That is why Jesus gave us the Holy Spirit as a personal interpreter. Humans are fallable. The Holy Spirit is not fallable.

My question to you KarenC. is this; Did you hear of the secret, pretrib, rapture idea initially from a human or from the Holy Spirit?

You are confusing the issue...On one hand you say you stick to only scripture, yet here you are conferring with man but wont read a commentary? That is my question.. not meant to injure or insult..

As far as where I came to believe the stance I take?? First off I wasn't raised in Church. So when I found myself in jail, busted and a wreck by all standards. (read about that in the Spiritual warfare thread!) I started reading the Word.. Read it believe it was set free from demonic oppression and torment, and totally converted and began to have a personal relationship with Lord. I have never been the same. Did I know denominations? no..I knew Jesus..He knows me... I went to all services.. When I was released from prison I prayed that the Lord put me where HE wanted me and where He could use me... I was invited to the same church by two different people..so thats where I have been ever since. I have been blessed in the confirmation from the Lord during service and my seeking of HIM in all things toward ministry. The Lord affirms in me His will and I can honestly say that John 14:21 is what I stand on.. I live for the manifestations of HIM and comfort of His Holy Spirit in my life. His guiding and directing my path... When you get there these questions will cease.. that is called REST...praise the LORD..

May you be blessed with this also... in HIs name, Karen

Guest okiejack

"""""""You are confusing the issue...On one hand you say you stick to only scripture, yet here you are conferring with man but wont read a commentary? That is my question.. not meant to injure or insult..""""""""

Well now I am confused. I thought the topic was the secret, pretrib, rapture idea and if that idea has Biblical support?

But I'm thinking you didn't read my last post where I tried to answer your question as best I could.

In Jesus name.