rafter

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Cats, I hope to find a copy of exact wording, but that was fairly close. It was by Chuck Flynn (I think he's from California) who visited Hot Springs (www.lakehamiltonbiblecamp.com). Folks would literally "wait their turn" or wait in line to be prophesied over by this gentleman. He did a teaching followed by prophecy. We didn't know him or what he believed. It may have been legitimate. I don't know. We have made so many mistakes. I can't change the past. If we can get out of this pit, we can just be VERY careful what we do in the future.  :noidea:  :il:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

It went something like "Touch your forehead. You have the seal of promise. You have gone thru the muck and the mire. Your burden will now be placed on those around you who are arrogant."

Well, now that you put it that way....

I have known personal prophesies to be valid and godly, but that there sounds an aweful lot like witchcraft to me.

The dead give-away is the burden being sent to others.  This is a common witchcraft practice.  I'm not an expert, just heard enough testimonies and teachings from others who have been involved or dealt with it head on.  UnfortunatelyI am not sure how to explain it adequately, putting all the peieces together in an easy summary (it's a personal weakness I have - my "summaries" turn into commentaries).  But I do know this is how witches deal with "problems."  I have heard of testimonies where a curse was sent against a Christian, but through discernment and spiritual warfare the Christian was able to fight against the curse and was either protected or set free from it; the curse then returned to the sender who was either afflicted or killed.  (These, of course, were more from witchdoctors or high priests or priestesses.)  Anyway, I hope you get the idea.

I can bet you are leary of anything "charasmatic" at this point, unfortunately, I don't know of many non-charasmatics involved in deliverance ministries.  But I believe this is what you need.

Side thought, I am bothered that your wife started "having problems" after she was prayed over to receive the baptism in the Holy Spirit.  Not knowing more details, I can think of two possiblilities: 1) Something was wrong with that church or the person praying over her, or 2) something was already there, hidden, that was provoked out.  You see, "curses" have a messenger that carry and administer them.  These messengers are demons (corrupt, fallen angels - carrying out tasks they were designed to do only now for the kingdom of darkness).  I have heard a fair number of testimonies of people who unknowlingly were "demonized" (whether you want to call it "possessed" or "opressed") who "manifested" the demonic presence when they were prayed over.  Demons can be subtle, disguising themselves as a psychological disorder - as what happened to me in the form of severe depression.  (In the Spiritual Warfare forum, several of us have given our testimonies with regards to this; I beleive the thread is called "Demonic Attack" or something like that.  I don't know your cognition of such activity, so I thought I'd offer this input.)

So, all that background is to remember that Jesus is the one who carries our burdens.  Where do burdens go?  Straight to the Cross!  Remember the verse in Revelation: "They overcame by the blood of the Lamb and the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death."  

Something you can do, some Christian bookstores sell "anointing oil" - oil mixed with the spices outlined in the Old Testament for anointing - or you can just use olive oil.  But anoint your wife's forehead with this oil.  (Placing some on your finger and drawing a cross is usually how it is done - the power is not is not in how it is administered, it is just a convenient and less messy way to do so, but with the symbol of our deliverance - the power is Jesus, not the oil, but the oil works as a representation of the blood of Jesus which covers our sins.  There is Scriptuaral references for this, I just don't have them off the top of my head.)  And then, as her spiritual head, you verbally claim your God-given authority over her and your household, as a son of God and co-heir with/in Christ Jesus, and command those demons/the curses to GET OUT!  Their claims over her are a lie.  Don't let them deceive you.  You have God's blessings and authority to take back your land!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Nebula,

She received something by the laying on of hands at the charismatic church almost 2 years ago (I think). She started having thoughts / inner voices a few weeks later. If it was the Holy Spirit, she must have quenched it. The prophecy was done last July I think.

I truly don't know. I have taken her places for deliverance and asked pastors and others to pray for her. I was not very selective at first about who we let lay hands on her. We may have sought man more than God for deliverance. I have a post now under Spiritual Warfare: Methods of Deliverance. We have made a lot of mistakes. As we learn scripture, we look back at some errors we made. Things have been hard. I feel like we are taking a breather now and getting ready to get in the ring for round two. NOW i know why it is called warfare. :uhh:  :t3:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

Neb/Biscuit: I hesitate to say this because I don't like to offend anyone but ..... I am very nervous at the thought of any kind of supernatural phenomenon...I'm likely to quench the Holy Spirit because I so afraid of any kind of  manifestation.

I have seen  a person manifesting demons {full blown} and it's not pretty...

There's those who do  deliverances but they film the event or allow outsiders to sit in and watch.

That's just not right; deliverance is highly  personal  and not a spectator sport. I saw this  on television once and was disgusted that anyone  would allow a film crew in to video tape  a deliverance. It's as private as going to the bathroom.

Anyway,  ...I do understand what you all are talking about.

Biscuit, I  stay away from anything Charismatic ...I don't want to offend anyone but  it scares me.  I don't know whether someone is speaking curses or praises so the whole tongues thing makes me nervous. Also, I know that there are people who infiltrate Christian churches just for the purpose of infecting the congregations with curses of various sorts.  I avoid charismatic services.  

I don't  condemn those who do participate. I just stay away from them for my own safety's sake. I simply don't know who or what I'm dealing with.

What happened to your wife could happen to me. I don't want some vile spirit to afflict or invade my being so...I just avoid such things altogether.  I've seen what happens when a person manifests demons and  ...it's pretty scary stuff.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  04/10/1970

Dear Cat,

• Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  200
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  07/26/1954

How many times does one have to get burned. I have been accused of being charismatic, pentecostal and a bunch of other things. I believe I am a born again believer in Jesus Christ, a child of God.

I hear what you guys are saying.  I grew up under the influence of the charasmatic movement, starting at about maybe age 8.  So, spiritual gifts and workings were all novel.  But, by nature, I am an observer and an analyzer, and so I have done a lot of observing and analyzing of the movement.

What I have come to understand is that we live in a culture that has quenched the spiritual realm - courtesy of the Greek influence, amplified since the Medieval period by what is called "the Enlightenment."  So, when Christians in our culture had a returning to the spiritual realm, they were moving into unchartered territory, as far as they were concerned.  Now the occult and Wiccans on the other hand have never ceased to move within the spiritual realm, so they know what they are doing.

Now, as far as charasmatic Christians go, when you add immaturity into the mix, it just makes things worse.  WE wnat to get them moving in the spiritual realm right after they get saved.  Now, nothing wrong with the baptism in the Holy Spirit, but moving in the gifts (i.e. prophesying) and "baby Christian" is a bad mix (think: baby with power tools).

A lot of us desire to connect to the spiritual realm, but we are so out of touch with it.  We don't know how to "see" it, how to "sense" it, how to "move" in it.  We have to rely on what others have "learned" form what others have "learned, etc., but unfortunately a lot of this "learning" has a base in figuring it out for yourself. :noidea:

So, I believe these things are a lot of what is behind the problem with charasmatic churches.   It does make it tough, doesn't it?  :uhh:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Nebula,

Can you tell me the defenition of faith?

God Bless you,Angels :a:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,587
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

Faith shouldn't need all the signs and wonders.  FAith should be in the Lord and not in men prophesying, signs and wonders, even gifts.

Our faith should be pure and simple, like a child's. When we rely on outward signs, or get hooked on the charisma, we are being distracted.

Our faith should be just as sound in the quiet of our homes, doing dishes, whatever.

In fact, NOT going to church would be a pretty good test of faith.  If you stopped going to church for 6 months, how do you think your walk with the Lord would grow?  How dependent are you on the church programs to build up your faith?

I actually did this last year, I turned off Christian radio and everything, even quit going to the Christian bookstore for the latest bestsellers, and just got down with my Bible and no man interpreting it for me, and no man delivering sermons to me, and I'm happy to say I grew in leaps and bounds and the Bible opened up like never before.

NOW I feel ready to walk into a good Philedephia-style church and praise Him all the more.

Angels - I am not sure what you are asking for, or why you are asking it.  I am sure you know the definition of faith given in Scripture, and I am sure you have your own understanding of faith, so I am betting you are desiring to draw something out of me, but I am not certain as to what it is.  Would you please clarify or expound upon your question so that I may have a better understanding of what it is you are looking for?  Thanks!