• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

I copied this from the article on the Temple Institute website:

The Tenth Red Heifer Will be Prepared by the Messiah

In recounting this historical record in his commentary to the Mishna, the great Maimonides ends with the enigmatic statement: "... and the tenth red heifer will be accomplished by the king, the Messiah; may he be revealed speedily, Amen, May it be God's will."

With this amazing statement, Maimonides recounts an ancient tradition - that the tenth red heifer is associated with the Messianic era. Does this perhaps mean that the appearance of a red heifer in these waning end times is an indication, a forerunner of the appearance of the Messiah himself, who will officiate at its preparation?

If there has been no red heifer for the past 2,000 years, perhaps it is because the time was not right; Israel was far from being ready. But now... what could it mean for the times we live in, to have the means for purification so close at hand? With the words of Maimonides in mind, we cannot help but wonder and pray: If there are now red heifers... is ours the era that will need them?

It's an interesting article to read.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

But will it be the Messiah - or the Anti-Messiah?

Guest LadyC

this has been kept quiet? hmmm... i remember hearing this several times over the last 15 or 20 years. i don't know if it was just rumour back then, but it must not have been a well-kept secret...

maybe they've just been trying to breed one for that long and they've just now been successful?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

I wonder though.. will they burn the animal for the ashes now.. or when the temple is rebuilt? I mean, the heifer is to be sacrificed while it's young, right?

There seemed to be a sense of urgency in their voice to say that they are really seeking for a solution to build the temple soon... what do ya'll think?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

The articles on the Temple Institute are all so encouraging. It seems as if they are looking for the Creator, the Redeemer, and it sounds so much like they are really looking for Christ. But He already came as the Servant. Another Jewish site I go to gives a description of Messiah and it sounds exactly like anti-Messiah. It's really sad.

From what I read they are ready to construct the Temple (it's supposedly being "pre-fabbed"). I don't think it would be a problem to sacrifice the heifer and save the ashes. I may be wrong, but just what I have studied I think that is OK. The heifer has to be 3 years old, or 4 at the outside. The requirements for not being yoked are very strict - she can't even have had anyone lean on her, but it OK for her to be tied if it is a matter of health (giving her medicine, etc).

It's all very exciting.

<>< ><>

Nathele