• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Human Clone Announced

11/26/01 When the first research breakthroughs in cloning were announced, scientists

involved were horrified by suggestions that the next step after Dolly the sheep would be

human cloning designed at creating human spare parts. Most Western nations

immediately enacted laws prohibiting human cloning research or banning federal funding

to support it. A US bill signed earlier this year was heavily promoted as being what

amounted to a US ban on cloning, but in reality, it only restricted cloning by firms

getting US research money. Dolly the Sheep was 'created' in 1997. Four years, later,

while the debate continues to rage, one company has quietly forged ahead while the

ethicists debated. Advanced Cell Technology, a Worcester, Mass.-based company does

not accept federal funds. It announced that it has successfully cloned a human embryo.

They claim the purpose of the new research is not to make new people, but "medical

research" -- a euphemism for a human spare parts factory, no matter how the spin

doctors phrase it. President Bush immediately issued a statement expressing his "100%

opposition to any type of human cloning" efforts. At least one scientist wants to take it

to the next step already. Dr. Panayiotis Zavos said the birth of the first human clone is

around the corner -- "by the end of this year or early next year." Along with a dozen

doctors and biogeneticists, including the famous Italian gynecologist Severino Antinori,

he has taken the challenge of pushing back life's frontiers "for the betterness of

society."

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

God created man in His image. I do not think that God will allow man to copy Him. This is kind of like the creation trying to play and become God. I pray that it doesnt happen.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  252
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,859
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Birthday:  03/16/1963

I think that if He allows this to happen that some type of mutation judgment will fall upon us. It is beyond shame how uteerly lost in pride we are to think our puny little intelligence can compete with God's. Why can't we all learn?

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I wonder what the government would come up with to tell the people about some kind of weird mutation that came about from cloning? After it got loose.

• 1 year later...

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  572
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

BUMP.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Hi Tim,

Well this

post is from a long time ago and here we are..we don't have to wonder anymore...

Do you think God is really going to allow this evil work?

I don't think so :noidea:

Angels

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

God is under no obligation to supply a "spirit" to the thing which man has created in his own image.

God was certainly not obligated to honor pagan rituals which exalted their idols of worship. They were an abomination to Him and He repeatedly disciplined his own people who chose to follow the pagan practices.

Likewise, if we choose - as a human race, to reject God's plan for creation ...  how can man expect Him to sanction such rebellion and supply a mortal "host" with a living spirit?

God is spirit.  It is God who creates life...Our problem as a human race is about what "is" life?

I believe from God's perspective, life is what He and He alone creates. A body without a spirit is of no value. It's end is death.

Jesus said to one man, "Let the dead bury their dead."

I'm sure that man had no clue what Jesus meant by it.

A body without a spirit is dead. Only the flesh lives and then, only briefly - for a season.

I am of the firm conviction that the creation of clones is the creation of a "master race" like Hitler wanted - an army of physically superior beings  devoid of conscience or a soul.