MARANATHA

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest EPHRIAM777
:rofl:

That he is Suzanne, that he is.

GEE...I gave up 4 of the best years of my life protecting you from ALL danger...and THATS the thanks I get..??

:noidea:

Truely the first word in 2 TIM 3:4 comes to mind when I think of these type posts that I see around here..

...We certainly ARE living in those last days aren't we folks..??

:laugh:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

Did someone say, "Fear of Armageddon"?

Click on the link for more:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,775532,00.html

US adviser warns of Armageddon

Julian Borger in Washington and Richard Norton-Taylor

Friday August 16, 2002

The Guardian

One of the Republican party's most respected foreign policy gurus yesterday appealed for President Bush to halt his plans to invade Iraq, warning of "an Armageddon in the Middle East".

The outspoken remarks from Brent Scowcroft, who advised a string of Republican presidents, including Mr Bush's father, represented an embarrassment for the administration on a day it was attempting to rally British public support for an eventual war.

The US national security adviser, Condoleezza Rice, yesterday spelled out what she called the "very powerful moral case" for toppling Saddam Hussein. "We certainly do not have the luxury of doing nothing," she told BBC Radio 4's Today programme. She said the Iraqi leader was "an evil man who, left to his own devices, will wreak havoc again on his own population, his neighbours and, if he gets weapons of mass destruction and the means to deliver them, all of us".

But while Ms Rice was making the case for a pre-emptive strike, the rumble of anxiety in the US was growing louder. A string of leading Republicans have expressed unease at the administration's determination to take on President Saddam, but the most damning critique of Mr Bush's plans to date came yesterday from Mr Scowcroft.

The retired general, who also advised Presidents Nixon and Ford, predicted that an attack on Iraq could lead to catastrophe.

"Israel would have to expect to be the first casualty, as in 1991 when Saddam sought to bring Israel into the Gulf conflict. This time, using weapons of mass destruction, he might succeed, provoking Israel to respond, perhaps with nuclear weapons, unleashing an Armageddon in the Middle East," Mr Scowcroft wrote in the Wall Street Journal.

The Israeli government has vowed it would not stand by in the face of attacks as it did in 1991, when Iraqi Scud missiles landed on Israeli cities. It claims it has Washington's backing for retaliation.

Mr Scowcroft is the elder statesman of the Republican foreign policy establishment, and his views are widely regarded as reflecting those of the first President Bush. The fierceness of his attack on current administration policy illustrates the gulf between the elder Bush and his son, who has surrounded himself with far more radical ideologues on domestic and foreign policy.

In yesterday's article, Mr Scowcroft argued that by alienating much of the Arab world, an assault on Baghdad, would halt much of the cooperation Washington is receiving in its current battle against the al-Qaida organisation.

"An attack on Iraq at this time would seriously jeopardise, if not destroy, the global counterterrorist campaign we have undertaken," Mr Scowcroft wrote.

Both the American and British governments are expected to time a public relations effort to rebuff the critics and build public support in the immediate run-up to an invasion.

Senior Whitehall figures say that crucial in that effort will be evidence that President Saddam is building up Iraq's chemical biological warfare capability and planning to develop nuclear weapons.

The US defence secretary, Donald Rumsfeld, confirmed yesterday that the Pentagon was considering a change in the status of a navy pilot shot down over Iraq 11 years ago. He is currently classified as "missing in action".

There have been reports that Lieutenant-Commander Michael Speicher was still being held by Iraq.

If he was reclassified as a prisoner of war, it would represent an additional source of conflict between Washington and Baghdad.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I received some info I wish I could share (sorry), but things seem to be worse than we are being told, not necessarily on the terrorist front, but things that are being prepared for in our (maybe) future attack on Iraq. PRAY!!! Peace, but not yet.

I received some info I wish I could share (sorry), but things seem to be worse than we are being told, not necessarily on the terrorist front, but things that are being prepared for in our (maybe) future attack on Iraq. PRAY!!! Peace, but not yet.

Hi MARANATHA,

Now you wouldn't really hold out on us would you?? Could you?? Well how bout a PM then??

But either way - Fear Not and don't ever let the enemy see you sweat :noidea:

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

Hello MARANATHA

You should not hold anything back. Please post it or send me a PM.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Well since the cat is now out of the bag. I will let you figure out the rest of the story. They caught the men on this attempt to sell weapons grade uranium. What of those that they didn't catch. Time is of the essence now.

www.drudgereport.com

ANKARA (Reuters) - Turkish paramilitary police have seized more than 33 pounds of weapons-grade uranium and detained two men accused of smuggling the material, the state-run Anatolian news agency said on Saturday.

Officers in the southern province of Sanliurfa, which borders Syria and is about 155 miles from the Iraqi border, were acting on a tip-off when they stopped a taxi cab and discovered the uranium in a lead container hidden beneath the vehicle's seat, the agency said.

The incident happens at a time of mounting speculation the United States could launch a military attack on neighboring Iraq for its alleged program of weapons of mass destruction.

U.S. President George Bush has accused Baghdad of clandestine efforts to develop a nuclear bomb as his administration works to build international support for an operation to oust Iraqi President Saddam Hussein.

Officials at Ankara's Atomic Energy Institute would not confirm they had been notified about the material, which Anatolia had reported.

"Our investigation on whether the uranium was destined for a neighboring country is continuing," a Sanliurfa police official was quoted as saying by Anatolian.

Police officials in Sanliurfa and Ankara declined to comment on the case.

Authorities believe the uranium came from an east European country and has a value of about $5 million, Anatolian said.

It was not immediately clear when the operation was carried out. Anatolian only gave the first names of the suspects, which appeared to be Turkish.

Smugglers use Turkey's porous eastern border to import drugs, and hundreds of thousands of migrants each year illegally cross the rugged frontier on their way to more affluent European Union nations.

Police in Istanbul seized more than 2.2 pounds of weapons-grade uranium last November that had been smuggled into Turkey from an east European nation. The smugglers were detained after attempting to sell the material to undercover police officers.

Well since the cat is now out of the bag. I will let you figure out the rest of the story. They caught the men on this attempt to sell weapons grade uranium. What of those that they didn't catch. Time is of the essence now.

www.drudgereport.com

Thanks Brother MARANATHA,

I didn't think you would withhold from us. This can be very frightening for some I'm sure, but I have conditioned myself to fear not at all costs. Sometimes I pay a high price for saying the things I say. Ya know, Satan doesn't like it when we start exposing his plan. And I have noticed, everytime I go against his grain, he usually attacks my family in some way. But it is not our purpose to live on this earth to be fearful. Our purpose is to glorify the Lord. Hopefully, when it's all said and done, each of us will be able to stand before the Son of Man. And blessed is the one who hears Him say, "Well done good and faithful servant."

This news you bring is not good, but it should be good enough for the world to know and realize that a pre-emptive strike would be the wise thing to do, that is if they appreciate their lives on God's green earth. It's sad when you think about it, the condition of the world I mean. The Bible says in the last days perilous times will come, and in my mind, they are here now. The world will never return to the way it was before 9/11/01 and I also believe that 9/11 was the midnight cry of Matt.25:6-7. The wise are making preparations, while the fools, well I won't mention what they will do, or what they won't do would be more fitting. We are now living in the stage of wars and rumors of wars, but the end is not yet. Well folks, I believe the wise won't be here for the end of mans dominion of the earth, the one that Adam gave back to Satan in the garden almost 6000 years ago, but the wise will return with the Lord when He splits the eastern sky and brings it to a close. I don't expect to be here for Armageddon, but I do plan on witnessing it from heaven, and maybe, just maybe that is when there will be silence in heaven for the space of about 30 minutes.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

Thanks MARANATHA

But I have already heard that on the News. I am not a pre-trib believer; I expect (if I don't die an early natural death) to go through it. May we be prepared for martyrdom?

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

I have to be very careful here, for all is monitored. Lets just leave it at I didn