Benobi1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I was wondering if anyone has had a chance to read the Letters from God and his Christ at Trumpet Call of God online and what your opinion on them is?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

God has a website? Do you know where His twitter feed is?

Couldn't resist, sorry. I'd take whatever anyone says with a grain of salt unless they are actually sowing into YOUR life.

People who serve others have real spiritual authority. People who don't, have an opinion like everyone else. Really all you need is to know the Word backwards, forwards, and sideways. If someone tells you a "prophecy" that isn't confirmed by God's expressed will then you know it's false. Even if it appears that it could be, wait until confirmation before investing your soul into it.

God has a website? Do you know where His twitter feed is?

Couldn't resist, sorry. I'd take whatever anyone says with a grain of salt unless they are actually sowing into YOUR life.

People who serve others have real spiritual authority. People who don't, have an opinion like everyone else. Really all you need is to know the Word backwards, forwards, and sideways. If someone tells you a "prophecy" that isn't confirmed by God's expressed will then you know it's false. Even if it appears that it could be, wait until confirmation before investing your soul into it.

Hi Yod, yes he does, and it was set up for him by one of his prophets, and yes, they have Facebook and twitter feeds.

I forgive you, I probably would have said the same before reading them! :laughing:

They have sown dramatically in my life. I've been saved since about 1980 and have always had an interest in Bible prophecy. I've always been interested in world events from a Biblical perspective, so much so that I know it was too much.

The Letters convicted me in that they said that I was focused downward on all these worldly things, and that anyone who was looking down and not upward waiting for the rapture would not be taken but left for refinement, yet still saved as by fire.

That threw a scare into me because that has always been my blessed hope that I would be taken before the Tribulation.

I went from being a "lukewarm" Christian to being on fire for God once again. How can that be bad?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

... and that anyone who was looking down and not upward waiting for the rapture would not be taken but left for refinement, yet still saved as by fire.

Am I hearing this correctly - that our focus is supposed to be on an event rather than on Jesus Himself?

That's like a bride looking for the wedding rather than for the groom.

Does God keep us in trusting by fear?

Sounds like your faith is in a scenario. What if the scenario fails?

No but he does tell us to fear the Lord. Exodus 9:30, Deuteronomy 6:2, 6:13, 6:24, 10:12, 10:20, 14:23, 17:19, 31:12, 31:13, Joshua 4:24, 24:14, 1 Samuel 12:14,12:24, 1 Kings 18:12, 2 Kings 4:1, 17:28, Psalms 15:4, 22:23, 27:1, 33:8, 34:9, 115:11, 13, 118:4, 135:20, Proverbs 3:7, Jeremiah 5:24, 28:19, Hosea 3:5, Amos 3:8, Jonah 1:9

My faith is in my Lord and Saviour Jesus the Christ!

... and that anyone who was looking down and not upward waiting for the rapture would not be taken but left for refinement, yet still saved as by fire.

Am I hearing this correctly - that our focus is supposed to be on an event rather than on Jesus Himself?

That's like a bride looking for the wedding rather than for the groom.

My focus is on Jesus and I'm looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our saviour Jesus Christ. Titus 2:13

You'd better be looking for his appearing as one of our crowns depends on it. :-)

Edited by kjhughes

The word "fear the Lord" is about reverence, honor, respect.

It is not "be afraid of"

Awaiting His appearance and waiting for the rapture are not the same thing, though I do understand why you'd think that if you invest that heavily in a pre-trib scenario.

And that whole thing about not being included if you don't "think" this is true is really a stretch. Whoever told you that didn't get it from the scriptures.

But I'm not your enemy and don't want to argue the rapture scenario with you. I hope that I can get you to examine what you're being told against what the scriptures actually say, instead of what someone tells you is implied.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

My focus is on Jesus and I'm looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our saviour Jesus Christ. Titus 2:13

You'd better be looking for his appearing as one of our crowns depends on it. :-)

Well, that begs the question of what "the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus," means.

I've encountered the glory of the Lord many times in many ways throughout my Christian walk. Have you?

The word "fear the Lord" is about reverence, honor, respect.

It is not "be afraid of"

Awaiting His appearance and waiting for the rapture are not the same thing, though I do understand why you'd think that if you invest that heavily in a pre-trib scenario.

And that whole thing about not being included if you don't "think" this is true is really a stretch. Whoever told you that didn't get it from the scriptures.

But I'm not your enemy and don't want to argue the rapture scenario with you. I hope that I can get you to examine what you're being told against what the scriptures actually say, instead of what someone tells you is implied.

I agree on the meaning of fear the Lord, but where did you get the quote "be afraid of"? I am not afraid of the Lord, I said the thought of going through the tribulation scared me.

I didn't realize we were arguing the rapture scenario and I'm glad I'm not your enemy :-)

Have you read any of the letters yet yod? 1 John 4:1 commands us to test the spirit.

Well, that begs the question of what "the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus," means.

I've encountered the glory of the Lord many times in many ways throughout my Christian walk. Have you?

Yes I have, my wife was instantly, miraculously healed 10 yrs ago, and she shone with the glory of the Lord for months afterward, people were drawn to her continence like a magnet.