• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Hi, What do you think of Bible codes?

I think we have to be careful not to rely on Bible codes, It is so easy to rely more on Bible

codes then on the Bible,because we all like to know what is going to happen. I don't think

the Bible is ment for this, this Bible is written to show us the way to get saved......and to

know God.

But I have to say also, the Bible codes are very interesting, I don't really know if it's a

good thing ,I quess if a person is grounded in the Bible and knows what it in it, so we don't

get decieved by codes ,it might be possible to see it as extra insight.

I respect Grant Jeffrew and Hal Lindsey very much and they seem to be fine with Bible

codes. But I also think they are very carefull who they trust [trust no man, only God]

Let nothing take your mind of Jesus, no Bible code nothing. He is coming very soon,

Angels4u

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  154
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/12/1974

Bible codes are a joke! The Bible is supposed to be a simple message to all men. These people who use these "codes" usually use them to explain their own "take" on Bible Prophecy in an effort to persuade us to listen to them and their Prophecies.

Prime#

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I agree with you Prime Number that Bible codes are a joke.

People can take any verse in the Bible and make up some kind of code to get weak minded people to believe anything that they want them to.(By the way,Angels, I am in no way calling you weak minded.)Just so you dont misunderstand.

I am talking about people like those that followed Jim Jones and David Keresh.

Thanks for the responds, but what do you think of Hal Lindsey and Grant Jeffrew ?

Angels

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  252
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,859
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Birthday:  03/16/1963

I as one do not believe in the Bible code theory for one reason. There is so much truth and so many gems to harvest from God's word that it just seems to be a waste of time to play word games with it. If you twist words far enough and long enough, you can get them to say anything.

As for Hal Linsey, his heart may be in the right place, but some of his doctrines are off. I do not know the other gentleman.

I agree with Bob on the doctrines of Hal Linsey.

Thank you for your opinion, where do you think Hal Lindsey's doctrine is wrong?

Angels

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  252
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,859
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Birthday:  03/16/1963

Angels,

The Bible codes is one. As I stated before, God to me is straight foward us about His word. Our salvation and eternal state are dependent on the inerrant scriptures. God takes seriously our lost condition and has laid out His plan for our redemption. That IS what the Bible is all about. God in my mind is not going to take such an important work as the Bible any use it for some kind of game with it. All of God's identity, love, compassion, mercy, and will for our lives in those pages. It is all we need for yesterday, today, and tomorrow. We do not need secret codes to spell out prophetic messages. Jesus say He is comming back, but we won't know the exact moment. I like it that way. It keeps us on our toes and doing His will instead of procrastinating.

Hal Linsey also believes in E.T.'s and U.F.O.'s. People may have or have not seen these type of things, I will not judge their integrity. In my opinion though is if they did, it was more on the basis of a demonic vision of some sort then real alien beings.

I am just a conservative independent Baptist. I just belive what is in God's word and leave the rest to Him. There has been so much liberal doctrine and non-Biblical mumbo-jumbo injected into the church this past century, that even well meaning Christians are getting tripped up by it. That is what the ecumenical movement is all about.

I stay on the straight and narrow (the Bible) for the love of God and His children. For this I have been called everthing from a hatemonger to a total idiot. It is as far from the truth as it can be. The only thing I hate is the devil and the apostasy he is currently pouring through our church.

In short, I guess what I am trying to say is that everyone has to examine what other people say and test it with the Bible. Hal Linsey probably is a well meaning Christian, but he just has a few things he believes in that just aren't Biblically scriptural.

Well stated there Bob. I too believe that the Bible is the inerrant word of God. From the first verse in Genesis to the last verse in Revalation God is unveiling His son Jesus Christ to us. He is showing us His plan of salvation and His great love for us. Why would there need to be a code or play with words to get His messages? Seems to me that a code in the Bible would make it more difficult to understand.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  63

Angels4u,

I believe the Bible Codes are real but respect the rights of those who do not. I believe we are in the last days and knowledge shall increase. I think it is a mistake for anyone to speak against the codes if you have no proof they are not of God. While I believe we are justified by faith and not of works lest any man should boast, I think in these the last days, God is giving every person the chance to accept His son as their Savior and have their sin forgiven. I am one who does like Hal Lindsey and have not seen any thing on the net where Hal Lindsey says he believes in UFO or ET's. Can you provide a link to your statement or provide the information where you got it? A person can believe what they want about Bible Codes or Hal Lindsey but the real question is what will you do with Jesus? If there is anyone who comes into this forum, do not be sidetracked by our discussions on Bible Codes, etc, but focus on Jesus who gave Himself a ransom for us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ gave His life for us.

Here is an interesting discussion on Bible Codes

(Edited'>http://www.khouse.org/biblestudy/biblecodes/

(Edited

by bglass at 10:52 pm on Nov. 18, 2001)