angels4u

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

As far as the Bible Codes go, i will not say that they are not there.  I forget the exact scripture in the Bible that got the Rabbis and Kabbalists looking for them for centuries.  If someone out there knows it please refresh my memory.

In any case, I am willing to believe there validity for a couple of reasons.  First of all, there is the "gematria".

Each letter of the Hebrew alphabet has a numerical counterpart.  

Secondly, the very fact that rabbis and kabbalists have been searching for them for centuries means a lot.  I believe even Isaac Newton worked on them himself.

It also makes sense that God would use whatever means available to get the attention of an unbelieving Israel.

Makes sense to me also that God could use Bible Codes to help protect Israel during the tribulation.  While general information is given concerning various battles throughout the tribulation, perhaps God would use the Bible Codes to get specific military info etc. to Israel.

As far as Hal Lindey or Grant Jeffries are concerned, I won't say I agree with them or any teacher, preacher, etc. 100%.  The Bible itself says we see in part and know in part.  Just a little clarification on Hal and UFO's---HE thinks they are a deceptive device used by Satan and I agree. I also agree with his doctrine and chronology of end times events. Grant has some interesting and thought provoking books.  If you haven't read either author, do so.

In any case, if someone's doctrine of biblical prophecy is off it doesn't concern me, it's their doctrine of salvation that does...and on both counts these gents are right on.

I love you all and really enjoy these discussion boards.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  155
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  02/13/1953

This is what I found about the Bible codes. Sure sounds interesting! It is amazing that it doesn

• 2 weeks later...

I'm with the crowd on this one.

The Bible codes are irrelevant, one can create any discovery one wishes.

Hal Lindsey and Grant Jeffrey make a good living saying nothing and writting nothing new.

That one is odd but since neither is a prophet they are pretty much making a lot of money for nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

sounds like Kabbalistic Gematria practices transferred to Bible form.  I would avoid it.  

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I do believe that the symbolic propecies of the Bible do need to be decoded.  It is't that hard to do and isn't easy to mess up.  Most all the answer keys are in the Bible elsewhere.  Most of what we get from using bible codes can be checked out thru history.  If it don't fit history it is wrong.