• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

again, blein, you don't have a clue what she is experiencing. forgiveness has nothing to do with the person being forgiven; it has everying to do with the person forgiving. what "fault" does she need to confess? unforgiveness? that fault has nothing to do with her perpetrator. and nothing in the verse says the perpetrator needs to be there.

Jesus knew very well what was written in the Word, but He still went to God. He still talked to Him often. He still said that He did nothing except what the Father commanded Him to do.

i have no fear of you pointing out things in my posts, blien. if i need corrected, i would like it to happen. you may or may not know what i am struggling with, but to say that there is no danger for her to meet with her abuser is just plain ignorance. and it is legalism. have you researched this? have you studied what happens to a female when she is sexually abused? do you know because of empiracal evidence what she needs and does not need? or are you going strictly on what you have been taught and what you have heard? sounds to me like you are going on the latter. methinks you are listening to man's voice and not God's.

the Bible in no way says she needs to meet with abuser. my God would not do that to a victim. you have yet to prove to me that He does.

Blien I would have to take Charitow's side on this matter. Forgiveness isn't something we show, for example my sister was delivered and she didn't have to go to my step dad, she had to forgive him in her heart. Same with me, forgiveness isn't a show, it's a heart thing, when You hold sins against another, that creates a spot in your heart where the enemy can latch on it. You releace this stronghold by submitting the sin to God, and letting it go, no longer holding it against them. It has nothing to do with telling the one who caused the stronghold you forgive them, but everything to do with actually forgiving them in your heart.

So based on this logic. What if God acted the same way with us? What if Jesus had made the sacrifice and still taught us that we are to pay for our past sins? Isn't that what you do with a person when you don't tell them you forgive them? I would never never never do that with anyone.

If you hurt me Josh and we were family members yet I didn't speak to you for years because of what you did.. even though YOU yourself approached me in apology. Who is the person in the right? Sure I can forgive you in my heart but to not tell you? That holds you in bondage by demons too.

What you guys are suggesting is evil.. I'm sorry to say it so bluntly but it is.

Blein, I don't feel it is, but I'm basing my opinion on my personal experiences. With my step dad, he's in jail and my family has healed from the scars he's caused. It was one of the hardest things for me was to forgive him, but God never lead me to contact him, also contacting him could lead to a future dangerous situations. Personally I forgive him, and I am not obligated to bring him back in my families life, that wound healed, why try to pry it open?

In Chiquita's case, live by your convictions. If you feel lead to contact him, that's awesome, and can be a powerful witness to him. If God puts that on your heart, go for it. That's a different situation also, he came to you asking for forgiveness, That shows remorse for what he did.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.51
  • Days Won:  3

Family - it pains me to see brothers and sisters in Christ arguing on the proper way to forgive. Please, the important thing is to forgive and to believe that the Lord will guide you on how. Note the words of our Lord:

Mar 11:25
And whenever you stand praying
, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father also who is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses."

Mar 11:26 [but if you do not forgive, neither will your Father who is in heaven forgive your trespasses.]

Whenever you stand praying. Be in continual awareness of those who have wronged you to check your heart to be sure you have indeed forgiven them. Whenever you stand praying. I sincerely take this to mean to check your heart every day.

Look - if someone comes to you with remorse, of course offer your forgiveness for we are to be imitators of Christ. But, if they don't come to you, forgive them anyway because we are still to be imitators of Christ.

Eph 5:1 Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children.

The offense doesn't matter. Christ forgave the ones who beat Him, who mocked Him and who nailed Him to the cross. He forgave you for all you sins, and me for mine. And Charitow is correct - forgiveness is for your own heart, to heal and to soften. But, it is also for the offender.

When it comes to facing a rapist, a murderer, an abuser, then perhaps it should be after prayer and counseling with another Christian before facing them. But, that one on one experience should not keep one from forgiving.

I forgave the man who raped me when i was 14. However, it wasn't for many years later that I did it, and by then I had no idea where in the world he lived. My life changed in the moment I dropped to my knees to forgive, and when I stood back up. I told God that I didn't know how to forgive him, but that I needed to in order to get the hate out of my heart. I asked Him to help me do it. And guess what? He did and He did it instantly. I've never told the man that I forgave him but God knows. He knows in a powerful way.

So please people - forgive first and then let God work out the details with you. Unforgiveness eats at you and makes you hard and bitter. It lets the enemy get a foothold in your life.

2Co 2:10 Anyone whom you forgive, I also forgive. Indeed, what I have forgiven,if I have forgiven anything, has been for your sake in the presence of Christ,

2Co 2:11 so that we would not be outwitted by Satan; for we are not ignorant of his designs.

Now - peace family. :emot-pray:

And Chiquita, may you be blessed exceeding abundant for your heart seeking to offer forgiveness. :emot-hug:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  161
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/05/1975

Now - peace family. :thumbsup:

And Chiquita, may you be blessed exceeding abundant for your heart seeking to offer forgiveness. :whistling:

thank you! he is my uncle - i loved him dearly and want to set him free while witnessing. I've written him a letter as he lives over 2000 miles away besides, its easier for me like this anyway!

• 10 years later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 5/26/2010 at 4:22 PM, Chiquita said:

I need some help here

Just keep rebuking these evil thoughts in your mind, and put them under control by resisting them.