• Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,570
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shalom, everyone.

I'm going to give this to you all once again:

Believing that God inspired the entire Bible and that the Bible therefore is true, I also believe that Matthew's, Mark's, and Luke's accounts must all be true. It is not a competition between the authors, nor are we to ask who is right and who is wrong. The Gospel accounts are matters of perspective. While one man may have focused upon a certain piece of information, another may focus upon something else. Thus, each tells the story of Yeshua’s life as best as he can remember it from his vantage point. Who is right? I trust God to set the matter straight, and I believe that He perfectly preserved what the authors recorded because out of all the accounts floating around in the first century, these are the accurate accounts that God preserved. Therefore, they are all right, and God has left it up to us to put the pieces together with the premise that all four records are accurate, and thus we must harmonize them to find a more objective account. The following is a harmony of Yeshua's discourse on the second coming. John was silent about this account; therefore, we will only use the three “synoptic Gospels,” Matthew, Mark and Luke. As indicated by the diagram shown above, combinations of Matthew and Mark will be shown in orange since red and yellow (gold) will combine to give one orange. Combinations of Matthew and Luke will be shown in purple since red and blue will combine to give one purple, and combinations of Mark and Luke will be shown in green since yellow (gold) and blue make green. If all three Gospels are identical, the combination color will be brown since all three primary pigments, red, yellow (gold), and blue, will combine to give one brown. If a word must be supplied to complete a thought, that word will be given the default color of black. I have done such a harmony before using the King James Version (KJV) of the Bible. This time, I am using the Complete Jewish Bible (CJB) by David H. Stern. I begin on the next page:

=============================================================

241131As Yeshua came out of and left the Temple and was going away, his talmidim came and called his attention to its buildings. One of the talmidim said to him, “Look, Rabbi! What huge stones! What magnificent buildings!” 2But 215As some people were remarking about the Temple, how beautiful its stonework and memorial decorations were,Yeshua answered them, and said to him, 2You see all these great buildings? Yes! I tell you, 6The time is coming when what you see here, they will be totally destroyed—not a single stone will be left standing!”

3As and when he was sitting on the Mount of Olives opposite the Temple, the talmidim, Kefa, Ya’acov, Yochanan and Andros came to him and asked him privately, 7“Rabbi, if this is so, 4tell us, when will these things happen? when will these events take place? And what sign will show that they are about to happen when all these things are about to be accomplished? And what will be the sign that you are coming, and that the ‘olam hazeh is ending?”

5Yeshua began speaking to them: 4Yeshua replied: 8He answered,

“Watch out! Don’t let anyone fool you! Don’t be fooled! For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am he! I am the Messiah!’ and, ‘The time has come!’ and they will fool many people and they will lead many astray. 6You will hear the noise of wars nearby and the news of wars far off; 9And when you hear the noise of wars nearby and the news of wars far off and revolutions, see to it that you don’t become frightened; don’t panic. For these things must happen first, but the end will not follow immediately; Such things must happen, but the end is yet to come.”

10Then he told them, 78For peoples will fight each other, and nations will fight each other, and there will be great earthquakes in various places, various parts of the world; there will be epidemics and famines in various places, and there will be fearful sights and great signs from Heaven; 8all this is but the beginning of the ‘birth-pains.’

912 “But you, before all this, they will arrest you and persecute you, handing you over to the synagogues and prisons; watch yourselves! 9At that time you will be arrested and handed over to be punished and put to death. They will hand you over to the local Sanhedrins, you will be beaten up in synagogues, and you will be brought before kings and governors, and on my account you will stand before governors and kings as witnesses to them, and all peoples will hate you because of me. This will all be on account of me, 13but it will prove an opportunity for you to bear witness. 10At that time many will be trapped into betraying and hating each other, 11many false prophets will appear and fool many people; 12and many people’s love will grow cold because of increased distance from Torah. 10Indeed, the Good News has to be proclaimed first to all the Goyim. 11Now when they arrest you and bring you to trial, don’t worry beforehand about what to say. Rather, say whatever is given you when the time comes; for it will not be just you speaking, but the Ruach HaKodesh. 14So make up your minds not to worry, rehearsing your defense beforehand; 15for I myself will give you an eloquence and a wisdom that no adversary will be able to resist or refute. 12Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; children will turn against their parents and have them put to death; 16You will be betrayed even by parents, brothers, relatives and friends; some of you they will have put to death; 1317and everyone will hate you because of me. 18But not a hair of your head will be lost. 19By standing firm you will save your lives. 13But whoever holds out till the end will be delivered.14And this Good News about the Kingdom will be announced throughout the whole world as a witness to all the Goyim. It is then that the end will come.

20“However, when you see Yerushalayim surrounded by armies, then you are to understand that she is about to be destroyed. 15“So 14now when you see the abomination that causes devastation spoken about through the prophet Dani’el standing in the Holy Place where it ought not to be (let the reader understand the allusion), 16“that will be the time for those in Y’hudah to escape to the hills. 21Those in Y’hudah must escape to the hills, those inside the city must get out, and those in the country must not enter it.1715If someone is on the roof, he must not go down and enter his house to take any of his belongings; to gather his belongings from his house; 1816if someone is in the field, he must not turn back to get his coat. 22For these are the days of vengeance, when everything that has been written in the Tanakh will come true. 191723What a terrible time it will be for pregnant women and nursing mothers! 18Pray that it may not happen in winter. 20Pray that you will not have to escape in winter or on Shabbat. For there will be great distress in the Land and judgment on the people. 2119For there will be trouble then worse than there has ever been from the beginning of the world, when God created the universe, until now, and there will be nothing like it again!2220Indeed, if God had not limited the duration of the trouble, no one would survive; but for the sake of the elect, those whom he has chosen, he has limited it.

2321“At that time, if anyone says to you, ‘Look! Here’s the Messiah!’ or, ‘See, there he is!’—don’t believe him! 24For 22there will appear false Messiahs and false prophets performing signs and wonders—great miracles—amazing things!—for the purpose to fool even the chosen, if possible, of misleading the chosen. 23But you, watch out! 25There! I have told you in advance! 26So if people say to you, ‘Listen! He’s out in the desert!’ don’t go; or, ‘Look! He’s hidden away in a secret room!’ don’t believe it. 27For when the Son of Man does come, it will be like lightning that flashes out of the east and fills the sky to the western horizon. 28Wherever there’s a dead body, that’s where you find the vultures. 24Some will fall by the edge of the sword, others will be carried into all the countries of the Goyim, and Yerushalayim will be trampled down by the Goyim until the age of the Goyim has run its course.

29 “But immediately following the trouble of those times, 24in those days, after the trouble, 25there will appear signs in the sun, moon and stars;

the sun will grow dark,

the moon will stop shining,

25the stars will fall from the sky, and

on earth, nations will be in anxiety and bewilderment at the sound and surge of the sea, 26as people faint with fear at the prospect of what is overtaking the world; for the powers in heaven will be shaken.

3027And 26then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, all the tribes of the Land will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud [and] on the clouds of heaven with tremendous power and glory. 28When these things start to happen, stand up and hold your heads high; because you are about to be liberated!” 3127He will send out his angels with a great shofar; and they will gather together his chosen people from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of heaven, from one end of heaven to the other.

29Then he told them a parable: 32“Now let the fig tree teach you its lesson: Look at the fig tree, when its branches begin to sprout and leaves appear, you know that summer is approaching. Indeed, all the trees. 30As soon as they sprout leaves, you can see for yourselves that summer is near. 3331In the same way, when you see all these things taking place, you are to know that the time is near, right at the door, the Kingdom of God is near! 3432Yes! I tell you that this people will certainly not pass away before it has all happened, before all these things happen. 353133Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never—certainly not—pass away. 36“But 32However, when that day and hour will come, no one knows—not the angels in heaven, not the Son, just only the Father. 37For the Son of Man’s coming will be just as it was in the days of Noach. 38Back then, before the Flood, people went on eating and drinking, taking wives and becoming wives, right up till the day Noach entered the ark; 39and they didn’t know what was happening until the Flood came and swept them all away. It will be just like that when the Son of Man comes. 40Then there will be two men in a field—one will be taken and the other left behind. 41There will be two women grinding flour at the mill—one will be taken and the other left behind. 42So stay alert, because you don’t know on what day your Lord will come. 33Stay alert! Be on your guard! For you do not know when the time will come. 43But you do know this: had the owner of the house known when the thief was coming, he would have stayed awake and not allowed his house to be broken into. 44Therefore you too must always be ready, for the Son of Man will come when you are not expecting him.

34“It’s like a man who travels away from home, puts his servants in charge, each with his own task, and tells the doorkeeper to stay alert. 45“Who is the faithful and sensible servant whose master puts him in charge of the household staff, to give them their food at the proper time? 46It will go well with that servant if he is found doing his job when his master comes. 47Yes, I tell you that he will put him in charge of all he owns. 48But if that servant is wicked and says to himself, ‘My master is taking his time’; 49and he starts beating up his fellow servants and spends his time eating and drinking with drunkards; 50then his master will come on a day the servant does not expect, at a time he doesn’t know; 51and he will cut him in two and put him with the hypocrites, where people will wail and grind their teeth! 35So stay alert! for you don’t know when the owner of the house will come, 36whether it will be evening, midnight, cockcrow or morning—you don’t want him to come suddenly and find you sleeping! 34“But keep watch on yourselves, or your hearts will become dulled by carousing, drunkenness and the worries of everyday living, and that Day will be sprung upon you suddenly like a trap! 35For it will close in on everyone, no matter where they live, throughout the whole world. 251“The Kingdom of Heaven at that time will be like ten bridesmaids who took their lamps and went out to meet the groom. 2Five of them were foolish and five were sensible. 3The foolish ones took lamps with them but no oil, 4whereas the others took flasks of oil with their lamps. 5Now the bridegroom was late, so they all went to sleep. 6It was the middle of the night when the cry rang out, ‘The bridegroom is here! Go out to meet him!’ 7The girls all woke up and prepared their lamps for lighting. 8The foolish ones said to the sensible ones, ‘Give us some of your oil, because our lamps are going out.’ 9‘No,’ they replied, ‘there may not be enough for both you and us. Go to the oil dealers and buy some for yourselves.’ 10But as they were going off to buy, the bridegroom came. Those who were ready went with him to the wedding feast, and the door was shut. 11Later, the other bridesmaids came. ‘Sir! Sir!’ they cried, ‘Let us in!’ 12But he answered, ‘Indeed! I tell you, I don’t know you!’ 13So stay alert, because you know neither the day nor the hour. 37And what I say to you, I say to everyone: stay alert!”

14“For it will be like a man about to leave home for awhile, who entrusted his possessions to his servants. 15To one he gave five talents [equivalent to a hundred years’ wages]; to another, two talents; and to another, one talent—to each according to his ability. Then he left. 16The one who had received five talents immediately went out, invested it and earned another five. 17Similarly, the one given two earned another two. 18But the one given one talent went off, dug a hole in the ground and hid his master’s money.

19“After a long time, the master of those servants returned to settle accounts with them. 20The one who had received five talents came forward bring the other five and said, ‘Sir, you gave me five talents; here, I have made five more.’ 21His master said to him, ‘Excellent! You are a good and trustworthy servant. You have been faithful with a small amount, so I will put you in charge of a large amount. Come and join in your master’s happiness!’ 22Also the one who had received two came forward and said, ‘Sir, you gave me two talents; here, I have made two more.’ 23His master said to him, ‘Excellent! You are a good and trustworthy servant. You have been faithful with a small amount, so I will put you in charge of a large amount. Come and join in your master’s happiness!’

24“Now the one who had received one talent came forward and said, ‘I knew you were a hard man. You harvest where you didn’t plant and gather where you didn’t sow seed. 25I was afraid, so I went and hid your talent in the ground. Here! Take what belongs to you!’ 26‘You wicked, lazy servant!’ said his master, ‘So you knew, did you, that I harvest where I haven’t planted? And that I gather where I didn’t sow seed? 27Then you should have deposited my money with the bankers, so that when I returned, I would at least have gotten back interest with my capital! 28Take the talent from him and give it to the one who has ten. 29For everyone who has something will be given more, so that he will have more than enough; but from anyone who has nothing, even what he does have will be taken away. 30As for this worthless servant, throw him out in the dark, where people will wail and grind their teeth!’

31“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, accompanied by all the angels, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32All the nations will be assembled before him, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates sheep from goats. 33The ‘sheep’ he will place at his right hand and the ‘goats’ at his left.

34“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you whom my Father has blessed, take your inheritance, the Kingdom prepared for you from the founding of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you have me something to drink, I was a stranger and you made me your guest, 36I needed clothes and you provided them, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me.’ 37Then the people who have done what God wants will reply, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38When did we see you a stranger and make you our guest, or needing clothes and provide them? 39When did we see you sick or in prison, and visit you?’ 40The King will say to them, ‘Yes! I tell you that whenever you did these things for one of the least important of these brothers of mine, you did them for me!’

41“Then he will also speak to those on his left, saying, ‘Get away from me, you who are cursed! Go off into the fire prepared for the Adversary and his angels! 42For I was hungry and you gave me no food, thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43a stranger and you did not welcome me, needing clothes and you did not give them to me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’ 44Then they too will reply, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry, thirsty, a stranger, needing clothes, sick or in prison, and not take care of you?’ 45And he will answer them, ‘Yes! I tell you that whenever you refused to do it for the least important of these people, you refused to do it for me!’ 46They will go off to eternal punishment, but those who have done what God wants will go to eternal life.” 36Stay alert, always praying that you will have the strength to escape all the things that will happen and to stand in the presence of the Son of Man.”

God's Word needs to be understood through the oldest languages we have available. Later versions, no matter how well-intentioned the interpreters, have been tainted with "informational thermodynamics." That is, with every change of hands from copier to copier or from language to language or from country to country, some information was lost in translation. It is only natural for human beings to make errors. God preserved His Word within the Bible; however, at no time was plenary verbal inspiration claimed for ANY translation!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  210
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  2

Hi Montana,

His First Coming was Physical.

His Second Coming will be Physical.

It all hangs on Acts 1;9-11 - After he said this, he was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight. They were looking intently up into the sky as he was going, when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them. "Men of Galille", they said, "why do you stand here looking into the sky", "This same Jesus who has been taken from you into heaven will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven".

Jesus went up, and Jesus will return in the same way He went up into heaven. -Montana

I think the best way to answer this is to direct you to someone who has already done all the leg work.

http://www.eschatology.org/all-articles-articles-211/91-study-by-passage/701-what-about-acts-1-qhe-shall-come-in-like-mannerq

Zech 14:4 - On that day his feet will stand on the Mt of Olives, east of Jerusalem, and the Mt of Olives will split in two from east to west, forming a great valley, with half the mountain moving north and half moving south. ... v5b - Then the Lord my God will come and all the holy ones with him.

Yes it is Scriptural. His Second Coming will be a Physical Second Coming; His feet will touch the Mt of Olives. -Montana

http://www.eschatology.org/all-articles-articles-211/113-old-testament-prophecies/953-zechariah-14-fulfilled-or-future

Ezk 43:7 - Son of Man, this is the place of my throne and the place for the soles of my feet. This is where I will live among the Israelies forever. The house of Israel will never again defile my holy name.

Peter, has this happened. Is the house Israel true to the Lord. -Montana

I need some time to work this out. (Thinking out loud) With true Israel, the Israel of God, those circumcised by the Spirit that are part of the spiritual temple and the everlasting kingdom it has happened. To that house, comprised of both Jewish Christians and Gentile Christians, it has happened. Can you give me any evidence that OT Israel still exists as a nation with reference to their temple or rituals and that they can still meet ever jot and tittle of the Law (Matthew 5:17-18)? If you can't then it must have happened.

Peter

Shalom, everyone.

I'm going to give this to you all once again:

Believing that God inspired the entire Bible and that the Bible therefore is true, I also believe that Matthew's, Mark's, and Luke's accounts must all be true. It is not a competition between the authors, nor are we to ask who is right and who is wrong. The Gospel accounts are matters of perspective. While one man may have focused upon a certain piece of information, another may focus upon something else. Thus, each tells the story of Yeshua’s life as best as he can remember it from his vantage point. Who is right? I trust God to set the matter straight, and I believe that He perfectly preserved what the authors recorded because out of all the accounts floating around in the first century, these are the accurate accounts that God preserved. Therefore, they are all right, and God has left it up to us to put the pieces together with the premise that all four records are accurate, and thus we must harmonize them to find a more objective account. The following is a harmony of Yeshua's discourse on the second coming. John was silent about this account; therefore, we will only use the three “synoptic Gospels,” Matthew, Mark and Luke. As indicated by the diagram shown above, combinations of Matthew and Mark will be shown in orange since red and yellow (gold) will combine to give one orange. Combinations of Matthew and Luke will be shown in purple since red and blue will combine to give one purple, and combinations of Mark and Luke will be shown in green since yellow (gold) and blue make green. If all three Gospels are identical, the combination color will be brown since all three primary pigments, red, yellow (gold), and blue, will combine to give one brown. If a word must be supplied to complete a thought, that word will be given the default color of black. I have done such a harmony before using the King James Version (KJV) of the Bible. This time, I am using the Complete Jewish Bible (CJB) by David H. Stern. I begin on the next page:

=============================================================

241131As Yeshua came out of and left the Temple and was going away, his talmidim came and called his attention to its buildings. One of the talmidim said to him, “Look, Rabbi! What huge stones! What magnificent buildings!” 2But 215As some people were remarking about the Temple, how beautiful its stonework and memorial decorations were,Yeshua answered them, and said to him, 2You see all these great buildings? Yes! I tell you, 6The time is coming when what you see here, they will be totally destroyed—not a single stone will be left standing!”

3As and when he was sitting on the Mount of Olives opposite the Temple, the talmidim, Kefa, Ya’acov, Yochanan and Andros came to him and asked him privately, 7“Rabbi, if this is so, 4tell us, when will these things happen? when will these events take place? And what sign will show that they are about to happen when all these things are about to be accomplished? And what will be the sign that you are coming, and that the ‘olam hazeh is ending?”

5Yeshua began speaking to them: 4Yeshua replied: 8He answered,

“Watch out! Don’t let anyone fool you! Don’t be fooled! For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am he! I am the Messiah!’ and, ‘The time has come!’ and they will fool many people and they will lead many astray. 6You will hear the noise of wars nearby and the news of wars far off; 9And when you hear the noise of wars nearby and the news of wars far off and revolutions, see to it that you don’t become frightened; don’t panic. For these things must happen first, but the end will not follow immediately; Such things must happen, but the end is yet to come.”

10Then he told them, 78For peoples will fight each other, and nations will fight each other, and there will be great earthquakes in various places, various parts of the world; there will be epidemics and famines in various places, and there will be fearful sights and great signs from Heaven; 8all this is but the beginning of the ‘birth-pains.’

912 “But you, before all this, they will arrest you and persecute you, handing you over to the synagogues and prisons; watch yourselves! 9At that time you will be arrested and handed over to be punished and put to death. They will hand you over to the local Sanhedrins, you will be beaten up in synagogues, and you will be brought before kings and governors, and on my account you will stand before governors and kings as witnesses to them, and all peoples will hate you because of me. This will all be on account of me, 13but it will prove an opportunity for you to bear witness. 10At that time many will be trapped into betraying and hating each other, 11many false prophets will appear and fool many people; 12and many people’s love will grow cold because of increased distance from Torah. 10Indeed, the Good News has to be proclaimed first to all the Goyim. 11Now when they arrest you and bring you to trial, don’t worry beforehand about what to say. Rather, say whatever is given you when the time comes; for it will not be just you speaking, but the Ruach HaKodesh. 14So make up your minds not to worry, rehearsing your defense beforehand; 15for I myself will give you an eloquence and a wisdom that no adversary will be able to resist or refute. 12Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; children will turn against their parents and have them put to death; 16You will be betrayed even by parents, brothers, relatives and friends; some of you they will have put to death; 1317and everyone will hate you because of me. 18But not a hair of your head will be lost. 19By standing firm you will save your lives. 13But whoever holds out till the end will be delivered.14And this Good News about the Kingdom will be announced throughout the whole world as a witness to all the Goyim. It is then that the end will come.

20“However, when you see Yerushalayim surrounded by armies, then you are to understand that she is about to be destroyed. 15“So 14now when you see the abomination that causes devastation spoken about through the prophet Dani’el standing in the Holy Place where it ought not to be (let the reader understand the allusion), 16“that will be the time for those in Y’hudah to escape to the hills. 21Those in Y’hudah must escape to the hills, those inside the city must get out, and those in the country must not enter it.1715If someone is on the roof, he must not go down and enter his house to take any of his belongings; to gather his belongings from his house; 1816if someone is in the field, he must not turn back to get his coat. 22For these are the days of vengeance, when everything that has been written in the Tanakh will come true. 191723What a terrible time it will be for pregnant women and nursing mothers! 18Pray that it may not happen in winter. 20Pray that you will not have to escape in winter or on Shabbat. For there will be great distress in the Land and judgment on the people. 2119For there will be trouble then worse than there has ever been from the beginning of the world, when God created the universe, until now, and there will be nothing like it again!2220Indeed, if God had not limited the duration of the trouble, no one would survive; but for the sake of the elect, those whom he has chosen, he has limited it.

2321“At that time, if anyone says to you, ‘Look! Here’s the Messiah!’ or, ‘See, there he is!’—don’t believe him! 24For 22there will appear false Messiahs and false prophets performing signs and wonders—great miracles—amazing things!—for the purpose to fool even the chosen, if possible, of misleading the chosen. 23But you, watch out! 25There! I have told you in advance! 26So if people say to you, ‘Listen! He’s out in the desert!’ don’t go; or, ‘Look! He’s hidden away in a secret room!’ don’t believe it. 27For when the Son of Man does come, it will be like lightning that flashes out of the east and fills the sky to the western horizon. 28Wherever there’s a dead body, that’s where you find the vultures. 24Some will fall by the edge of the sword, others will be carried into all the countries of the Goyim, and Yerushalayim will be trampled down by the Goyim until the age of the Goyim has run its course.

29 “But immediately following the trouble of those times, 24in those days, after the trouble, 25there will appear signs in the sun, moon and stars;

the sun will grow dark,

the moon will stop shining,

25the stars will fall from the sky, and

on earth, nations will be in anxiety and bewilderment at the sound and surge of the sea, 26as people faint with fear at the prospect of what is overtaking the world; for the powers in heaven will be shaken.

3027And 26then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, all the tribes of the Land will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud [and] on the clouds of heaven with tremendous power and glory. 28When these things start to happen, stand up and hold your heads high; because you are about to be liberated!” 3127He will send out his angels with a great shofar; and they will gather together his chosen people from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of heaven, from one end of heaven to the other.

29Then he told them a parable: 32“Now let the fig tree teach you its lesson: Look at the fig tree, when its branches begin to sprout and leaves appear, you know that summer is approaching. Indeed, all the trees. 30As soon as they sprout leaves, you can see for yourselves that summer is near. 3331In the same way, when you see all these things taking place, you are to know that the time is near, right at the door, the Kingdom of God is near! 3432Yes! I tell you that this people will certainly not pass away before it has all happened, before all these things happen. 353133Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never—certainly not—pass away. 36“But 32However, when that day and hour will come, no one knows—not the angels in heaven, not the Son, just only the Father. 37For the Son of Man’s coming will be just as it was in the days of Noach. 38Back then, before the Flood, people went on eating and drinking, taking wives and becoming wives, right up till the day Noach entered the ark; 39and they didn’t know what was happening until the Flood came and swept them all away. It will be just like that when the Son of Man comes. 40Then there will be two men in a field—one will be taken and the other left behind. 41There will be two women grinding flour at the mill—one will be taken and the other left behind. 42So stay alert, because you don’t know on what day your Lord will come. 33Stay alert! Be on your guard! For you do not know when the time will come. 43But you do know this: had the owner of the house known when the thief was coming, he would have stayed awake and not allowed his house to be broken into. 44Therefore you too must always be ready, for the Son of Man will come when you are not expecting him.

34“It’s like a man who travels away from home, puts his servants in charge, each with his own task, and tells the doorkeeper to stay alert. 45“Who is the faithful and sensible servant whose master puts him in charge of the household staff, to give them their food at the proper time? 46It will go well with that servant if he is found doing his job when his master comes. 47Yes, I tell you that he will put him in charge of all he owns. 48But if that servant is wicked and says to himself, ‘My master is taking his time’; 49and he starts beating up his fellow servants and spends his time eating and drinking with drunkards; 50then his master will come on a day the servant does not expect, at a time he doesn’t know; 51and he will cut him in two and put him with the hypocrites, where people will wail and grind their teeth! 35So stay alert! for you don’t know when the owner of the house will come, 36whether it will be evening, midnight, cockcrow or morning—you don’t want him to come suddenly and find you sleeping! 34“But keep watch on yourselves, or your hearts will become dulled by carousing, drunkenness and the worries of everyday living, and that Day will be sprung upon you suddenly like a trap! 35For it will close in on everyone, no matter where they live, throughout the whole world. 251“The Kingdom of Heaven at that time will be like ten bridesmaids who took their lamps and went out to meet the groom. 2Five of them were foolish and five were sensible. 3The foolish ones took lamps with them but no oil, 4whereas the others took flasks of oil with their lamps. 5Now the bridegroom was late, so they all went to sleep. 6It was the middle of the night when the cry rang out, ‘The bridegroom is here! Go out to meet him!’ 7The girls all woke up and prepared their lamps for lighting. 8The foolish ones said to the sensible ones, ‘Give us some of your oil, because our lamps are going out.’ 9‘No,’ they replied, ‘there may not be enough for both you and us. Go to the oil dealers and buy some for yourselves.’ 10But as they were going off to buy, the bridegroom came. Those who were ready went with him to the wedding feast, and the door was shut. 11Later, the other bridesmaids came. ‘Sir! Sir!’ they cried, ‘Let us in!’ 12But he answered, ‘Indeed! I tell you, I don’t know you!’ 13So stay alert, because you know neither the day nor the hour. 37And what I say to you, I say to everyone: stay alert!”

14“For it will be like a man about to leave home for awhile, who entrusted his possessions to his servants. 15To one he gave five talents [equivalent to a hundred years’ wages]; to another, two talents; and to another, one talent—to each according to his ability. Then he left. 16The one who had received five talents immediately went out, invested it and earned another five. 17Similarly, the one given two earned another two. 18But the one given one talent went off, dug a hole in the ground and hid his master’s money.

19“After a long time, the master of those servants returned to settle accounts with them. 20The one who had received five talents came forward bring the other five and said, ‘Sir, you gave me five talents; here, I have made five more.’ 21His master said to him, ‘Excellent! You are a good and trustworthy servant. You have been faithful with a small amount, so I will put you in charge of a large amount. Come and join in your master’s happiness!’ 22Also the one who had received two came forward and said, ‘Sir, you gave me two talents; here, I have made two more.’ 23His master said to him, ‘Excellent! You are a good and trustworthy servant. You have been faithful with a small amount, so I will put you in charge of a large amount. Come and join in your master’s happiness!’

24“Now the one who had received one talent came forward and said, ‘I knew you were a hard man. You harvest where you didn’t plant and gather where you didn’t sow seed. 25I was afraid, so I went and hid your talent in the ground. Here! Take what belongs to you!’ 26‘You wicked, lazy servant!’ said his master, ‘So you knew, did you, that I harvest where I haven’t planted? And that I gather where I didn’t sow seed? 27Then you should have deposited my money with the bankers, so that when I returned, I would at least have gotten back interest with my capital! 28Take the talent from him and give it to the one who has ten. 29For everyone who has something will be given more, so that he will have more than enough; but from anyone who has nothing, even what he does have will be taken away. 30As for this worthless servant, throw him out in the dark, where people will wail and grind their teeth!’

31“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, accompanied by all the angels, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32All the nations will be assembled before him, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates sheep from goats. 33The ‘sheep’ he will place at his right hand and the ‘goats’ at his left.

34“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you whom my Father has blessed, take your inheritance, the Kingdom prepared for you from the founding of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you have me something to drink, I was a stranger and you made me your guest, 36I needed clothes and you provided them, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me.’ 37Then the people who have done what God wants will reply, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38When did we see you a stranger and make you our guest, or needing clothes and provide them? 39When did we see you sick or in prison, and visit you?’ 40The King will say to them, ‘Yes! I tell you that whenever you did these things for one of the least important of these brothers of mine, you did them for me!’

41“Then he will also speak to those on his left, saying, ‘Get away from me, you who are cursed! Go off into the fire prepared for the Adversary and his angels! 42For I was hungry and you gave me no food, thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43a stranger and you did not welcome me, needing clothes and you did not give them to me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’ 44Then they too will reply, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry, thirsty, a stranger, needing clothes, sick or in prison, and not take care of you?’ 45And he will answer them, ‘Yes! I tell you that whenever you refused to do it for the least important of these people, you refused to do it for me!’ 46They will go off to eternal punishment, but those who have done what God wants will go to eternal life.” 36Stay alert, always praying that you will have the strength to escape all the things that will happen and to stand in the presence of the Son of Man.”

God's Word needs to be understood through the oldest languages we have available. Later versions, no matter how well-intentioned the interpreters, have been tainted with "informational thermodynamics." That is, with every change of hands from copier to copier or from language to language or from country to country, some information was lost in translation. It is only natural for human beings to make errors. God preserved His Word within the Bible; however, at no time was plenary verbal inspiration claimed for ANY translation!

Thanks! Good job! I don't see any purple though.

Peter

I am unfamiliar with an end of the church age? -Me

(Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:32 AM)

End of the Age , end of the church age is what Jesus said in reference to his return to earth to set up his kingdom on earth

We are now in the church Age , Jesus will be ruler of the earth when he sets up His Kingdom -Danielzk

Did you notice what you did? You read the church age in Matthew 24:3 as what Jesus said and as the current age which was to end. That is not what Jesus said and it does not fit into the context. Jesus came to OT Israel who were steeped in the Old Covenant law and tradition. Jesus is speaking to His disciples who questioning Him about the temple in which not one stone would be left on another and they ask Him when this will happen, what will be the sign of His coming (in judgment per Matthew 23:33-38 for in the context He had just pronounced all these woes on the Pharisees and teachers of the Law) and the end of the age?

Peter

It is difficult to understand how you misinterpret so many things and why you refuse to acknowkedge simple truths in present day facts & realities .I did not say what you think I said;it is just another time that you do not understand what I have shown you. September 8 post# 269 I showed you in Matthew 16:18

Matthew 16:18

18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

This is telling us that this is when Jesus BEGAN HIS CHURCH ,, the Church Age BEGAN at this time!! the first Christian Church based on Christ Jesus Grace,, that he paid the price for ALL peoples sins ,, The FIRST Christian church Ever ,, this BEGINS the Church Age!!

and it will continue until Jesus returns; as he said he would ,, it really hard to understand why you misinterpret so Many things ,,,, and you still refuse to acknowledge many truths and Proven Facts of current history that shows that the preterist view is invalid ,, you see ONLY what you want to see .. and are in denial of so many truths ,,

In Matthew 24 the disciples were talking with Jesus moments before Jesus went up into heaven in front of the eyes of His disciples and the discplines ask Jesus when Jesus would return and how can they know when the end of the age would occur.

Jesus responded by saying:

Matthew 24

3 As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. “Tell us,” they said, “when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?”

4 Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many. 6 You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come.

7 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of birth pains.

15 “So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’ spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand—

16 then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17 Let no one on the housetop go down to take anything out of the house. 18 Let no one in the field go back to get their cloak.

19 How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! 20 Pray that your flight will not take place in winter or on the Sabbath. 21 For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again.

22 “If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened.

23 At that time if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Messiah!’ or, ‘There he is!’ do not believe it.

24 For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.

25 See, I have told you ahead of time.

26 “So if anyone tells you, ‘There he is, out in the wilderness,’ do not go out; or, ‘Here he is, in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it.

27 For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man

Jesus has Not yet returned , but he will very soon,,, it would be best for you that you accept this and make sure you are ready to meet Christ Jesus

Hi Danielzk,

I feel you missed my point. What I was saying was the church was not established until Jesus died and the Holy Spirit came at Pentecost, yet when He was talking to His disciples concerning the temple and judgment in Matthew 23-24:2 He was referring to all these things happening (destruction and judgment) before the end of their age. The church had not yet come, so that rules that out and leave the Old Covenant age that is coming to an end as the current age to them. What were the disciples inquiring about in Matthew 24:3? They were inquiring about what Jesus had just said and that concerned Jerusalem and OT Israel - the Jews, not the church.

Was the church built upon Jesus or Peter, the Rock or the pebble? Obviously Jesus is the chief cornerstone and foundation.

Peter

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,134
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

Peter

Your question here is not reasonable:

I need some time to work this out. (Thinking out loud) With true Israel, the Israel of God, those circumcised by the Spirit that are part of the spiritual temple and the everlasting kingdom it has happened. To that house, comprised of both Jewish Christians and Gentile Christians, it has happened. Can you give me any evidence that OT Israel still exists as a nation with reference to their temple or rituals and that they can still meet ever jot and tittle of the Law (Matthew 5:17-18)? If you can't then it must have happened.

Peter

Your two sources in post #89 are totally inaccurate.

First of all your source states that two different events are simialiar, then if they are similar they must be the same. This is not a scientfically or mathmatically correct assumption. It is based on bias.

The temple was destroyed in 70 AD, The Holy of Holies opened up in 33 AD at Christs Death.

The thing is OT Israel was dispersed into captivity from about 66 AD to after 73 AD. They ceased to be a nation. Now Ezk 37 comes into play; The reformation of Israel in their land. This happened in 1948.

Abramhamic Covenant: Gen 17:8 - The whole land of Canaan, where you are now an alien, I will give as an everlasting possession to you and your descendants after you, and I will be their God. It doesn't say that they will always follow. This same covenant was given to Issac and Jacob. OT Isreal NEVER always had a temple, it was built by Soloman.

Again you have no factual basis for your beliefs. Who says your allegorical interpretations are correct.

Was Jesus allegorically born of a Virgin, or is the Virgin Birth a Fact. Did Jesus allegorically assended from the Mt of Olives, or is it a fact. Will Jesus allegorically decend to the Mt of Olives, or is it a Fact. I like to deal with Facts, not Fiction. Jesus did not come back in 70 AD. No one saw Him. Why did not all follow Him when He returned as Scripture says. Why did not all the Nations mourn. The descripition of "your Second Coming of Jesus" is very weak. A Secret Second Coming with no one noticing. You are following the wrong crowd.

The Third Temple is yet to be rebuilt. Titus did not proclaim to be God, for Ceaser was his god.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Peter

Do you still take Communion?

In Christ

Montana Marv

Edited by Montana Marv

Hi Montana,

Your question here is not reasonable: -Montana

I need some time to work this out. (Thinking out loud) With true Israel, the Israel of God, those circumcised by the Spirit that are part of the spiritual temple and the everlasting kingdom it has happened. To that house, comprised of both Jewish Christians and Gentile Christians, it has happened. Can you give me any evidence that OT Israel still exists as a nation with reference to their temple or rituals and that they can still meet ever jot and tittle of the Law (Matthew 5:17-18)? If you can't then it must have happened. –Me

Peter

Your two sources in post #89 are totally inaccurate.

First of all your source states that two different events are simialiar, then if they are similar they must be the same. This is not a scientfically or mathmatically correct assumption. It is based on bias. –Montana

I’m not sure what you are getting at here or what exactly you are referring to in the links or how you are relating the two links to my quote above. If this is in relation to Jesus’ coming in the same way/manner that the Father came – i.e., two different comings - (and the Father’s coming was not a visible, bodily coming, but He used other nations as the means of His judgment) then I think the two different comings can be related and are similar because Jesus was coming in the glory of the Father (Matthew 16:27) with His angels. If He is coming in the glory of the Father then you have to understand how the Father came in glory in the OT and how His presence was manifest.

The temple was destroyed in 70 AD, The Holy of Holies opened up in 33 AD at Christs Death

The thing is OT Israel was dispersed into captivity from about 66 AD to after 73 AD. They ceased to be a nation. Now Ezk 37 comes into play; The reformation of Israel in their land. This happened in 1948. –Montana

The problem is that the Israel that existed back then and that God made the covenant with no longer exists, neither does the covenant unless you can show that every jot and tittle of the law still exists. If you think it still exists then are we under law or under grace? Jesus did away with that covenant because it was imperfect and it could not be lived to God’s standard of righteousness by anyone but Jesus and it was fulfilled completely in Jesus. We live by His grace and merit before God.

Have you ever considered that the restoration of OT Israel from those dead bones was the resurrection of OT Israel ? Do you think it is possible that the resurrection of OT Israel happened in the 1st century?

As for Israel dispersed into captivity, it is true that they were dispersed during the Jewish Wars with Rome, but surely no greater number dispersed than for those who survived the destruction of the city, which would fulfill the prophecy of Matthew 24? Can you honestly say that OT Israel was ever a nation again under all the regulations of the Old Covenant Law of Moses? If you can’t say that then Matthew 5:17-18 is fulfilled and your interpretation is wrong. Remember God was addressing OT Israel who lived under the Old Covenant throughout the OT and the blessings and curses applied to them. Can you show me otherwise?

Abramhamic Covenant: Gen 17:8 - The whole land of Canaan, where you are now an alien, I will give as an everlasting possession to you and your descendants after you, and I will be their God. It doesn't say that they will always follow. This same covenant was given to Issac and Jacob. OT Isreal NEVER always had a temple, it was built by Soloman.

Again you have no factual basis for your beliefs. Who says your allegorical interpretations are correct. –Montana

Do you accept God’s word as a factual basis? Do you accept history as fact? Jerusalem was destroyed in A.D. 70. Fact or not? The temple was destroyed during this time. Fact or not? There was no more priesthood after the destruction of the temple. Fact or not? The Old Covenant came to an end with its destruction. Fact or not? If the Old Covenant came to an end then Matthew 5:17-18 is fulfilled. Fact or not? There were wars and rumors of wars during this time. Fact or not? Many/most of the disciples/apostles were persecuted and put to death during this time. Fact or not? The gospel was preached unto the ends of the earth during this time. Fact or not? Every epistle has warnings to believers that the time of judgment spoken of by the prophets concerning Israel/the Jews is going to take place shortly. Fact or not?

Much of this can all be documented in the Bible and by history. What is more, all the OT references that are quoted in the NT are significant when you consider that Jesus came to do the will of the Father, which I think is laid out very nicely in Daniel 9:24 and concerns Daniels people. He came to bring salvation to His people, those who were waiting, and save a people for Himself, but also to satisfy the righteousness of God and bring judgment on a disobedient nation of people and avenge the blood of the saints whose prayers cried out to God. We see language addressing specific people at a specific time (in the fullness of time God sent His Son) warning them to repent and flee from the coming wrath. John the Baptist, the voice crying out in the wilderness is warning this people and then Jesus comes with the same message. This message is present throughout the OT also and can be found even in the covenant blessings and curses that these people agreed to. The OT contains many typologies and shadows that the NT reveals. There is much imagery and many of the OT passages are difficult to interpret because it is hard to determine when the passage breaks from the history of the time and when it moves into the time of the end, but the imagery is abundant and if you do not understand it as they would have understood it some of the Bible gets very easily misinterpreted.

Jesus is speaking to people steeped in OT terminology. I think that many of them would pick up on the jist of what He was saying better than we do today, because we try to fit everything concerning the ‘last days’, the ‘time of the end’ into to our generation and the current news headlines. You read as much if not more of an allegorical interpretation into Scripture when you apply what was addressing Old Covenant Israel specifically to your own generation and your own time and Israel of today. The question is can God tell time and does He mean what He says?

Was Jesus allegorically born of a Virgin, or is the Virgin Birth a Fact. Did Jesus allegorically assended from the Mt of Olives, or is it a fact. Will Jesus allegorically decend to the Mt of Olives, or is it a Fact. I like to deal with Facts, not Fiction. Jesus did not come back in 70 AD. No one saw Him. Why did not all follow Him when He returned as Scripture says. Why did not all the Nations mourn. The descripition of "your Second Coming of Jesus" is very weak. A Secret Second Coming with no one noticing. You are following the wrong crowd. –Montana

Jesus was flesh and blood/historically/physically born of a Virgin. Fact. Was His coming back in the same manner as He ascended in the same manner as He is revealed as coming when He comes in power and glory with His Father’s angels? I don’t think so and I don’t think Scripture teaches that it was. I think that the coming in Acts 1:9 is different from when He comes in power and glory, just like it was at the Mount of Transfiguration or when He came in His Father’s glory and destroyed Jerusalem.

The Third Temple is yet to be rebuilt. Titus did not proclaim to be God, for Ceaser was his god. –montana

Again, where are you getting this from? God destroyed the Herodian temple and replaced it with a better temple, the church/called out body of believers who enter through the blood of Christ the greater and more perfect tabernacle, not man-made and thus not part of this creation, but of the new creation which is in Christ Jesus – the New Jerusalem, the heavenly Zion – heaven itself. Do you think that God will let His people go back to an inferior covenant, with inferior sacrifices and an inferior priesthood after He has put an end to it all with a cost so dear?

Titus, when he became Caesar, was considered a god as were the other Caesars of the day. Even if he was not Caesar during the sacking and destruction of Jerusalem he was acting under the orders of his father the Emperor. Temples were built to these men as gods. People proclaim themselves to be gods in all kinds of ways when they put themselves above God - heaven forbid - and blaspheme God by treating what is holy in an unworthy manner.

Hebrews 6:4-6

New International Version (NIV)

4 It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, 5 who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age 6 and who have fallen[a] away, to be brought back to repentance. To their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace.

What does this verse below mean to you Montana?

Hebrews 8:13

13 By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.

Peter

Peter

In Christ

Montana Marv

Yes, I do it in remembrance of what He has done for me until He comes to take me. I do it to remember how He suffered and gave His live for a sinner, how His blood/life cleanses believers from all sin, how He paid the price that I could not pay!

Peter

Peter

In Christ

Montana Marv

Yes, I do it in remembrance of what He has done for me until He comes to take me. I do it to remember how He suffered and gave His live for a sinner, how His blood/life cleanses believers from all sin, how He paid the price that I could not pay!

Peter

Peter

I see you added a few words. "until he comes to take me"

Scripture says -- I Cor 13:26 - For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup you proclaim the Lord's Death until He Comes.

Matt 26:29 - I will not drink of this fruit of the vine until that day when I drink anew with you in My Fathers Kingdom.

That day is referred in Matt 13:39 - The harvest is the end of the age, and the harvesters are the angels.

This is why I say that those who believe in the 70 AD Parousia are in error. If His Coming was in 70 AD, Communion becomes meaningless. But, if His Coming is still yet in our future, then communion is not meaningless.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Hi Montana,

I see you added a few words. "until he comes to take me" -Montana

Physical death is still to come.

Scripture says -- I Cor 13:26 - For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup you proclaim the Lord's Death until He Comes. -Montana

Those in Christ have always had victory over spiritual death which is a separation from God. They remembered what His sacrifice and offering did for them and I remember what He has done for me also.

Matt 26:29 - I will not drink of this fruit of the vine until that day when I drink anew with you in My Fathers Kingdom. -Montana

I believe Christ has received His kingdom and those in Christ are in His kingdom. While on earth we are part of His kingdom on earth, for Jesus is King and Lord, but as Paul conveyed:

2 Corinthians 4:16-5:10

16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

Awaiting the New Body

5 For we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands. 2 Meanwhile we groan, longing to be clothed instead with our heavenly dwelling, 3 because when we are clothed, we will not be found naked. 4 For while we are in this tent, we groan and are burdened, because we do not wish to be unclothed but to be clothed instead with our heavenly dwelling, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life. 5 Now the one who has fashioned us for this very purpose is God, who has given us the Spirit as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

6 Therefore we are always confident and know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord. 7 For we live by faith, not by sight. 8 We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord. 9 So we make it our goal to please him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.

Jesus said to His disciples that He was going to prepare a place for them, and if He went to prepare that place He would come back and take them to be where He was. (John 14:1-3)

Nevertheless, the spiritual temple is on earth and in heaven because God is with His people. Do you believe that?

That day is referred in Matt 13:39 - The harvest is the end of the age, and the harvesters are the angels. -Montana

I see 'the end' in reference as the end of the Old Testament age that ended with the destruction of the city and temple. The OT saints had to be cleansed with the same blood that the NT saints are. Jesus had to die before this could happen (Hebrews 9:15 onwards). The OT saints were raised after Christ and then the NT saints as they died. Jesus started building His church at Pentecost when the Holy Spirit came upon them. Over and over again we see the construction of the new spiritual temple starting with Jesus as the chief cornerstone, the apostles and prophets as the foundation, then the corporate body of believes finishes it out. The building of the new temple started in A.D. 30-33 and was completed in A.D. 70. The church is God's kingdom on earth and we, corporately are the temple of the Holy Spirit. John the Baptist and Jesus taught that the kingdom was near/at hand - within the span of that generation. At hand does not mean thousands of years in the future. Soon does not mean a long time away. Quickly does not mean eons in the distance. Near does not mean far away.

You keep looking for a physical temple to be rebuilt.

1 Corinthians 3:16

16 Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst?

2 Corinthians 6:16

16 What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said:

“I will live with them

and walk among them,

and I will be their God,

and they will be my people.”[a]

Footnotes:

1. 2 Corinthians 6:16 Lev. 26:12; Jer. 32:38; Ezek. 37:27

When the NT quotes from the OT it is a good thing to see what the inspired author's are drawing their context from. In the old contained; in the new explained.

1 Peter 2:4-10

The Living Stone and a Chosen People

4 As you come to him, the living Stone—rejected by humans but chosen by God and precious to him— 5 you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house[a] to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 6 For in Scripture it says:

“See, I lay a stone in Zion,

a chosen and precious cornerstone,

and the one who trusts in him

will never be put to shame.”[b]

7 Now to you who believe, this stone is precious. But to those who do not believe,

“The stone the builders rejected

has become the cornerstone,”[c]

8 and,

“A stone that causes people to stumble

and a rock that makes them fall.”[d]

They stumble because they disobey the message—which is also what they were destined for.

9 But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. 10 Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.

Footnotes:

1. 1 Peter 2:5 Or into a temple of the Spirit
  2. 1 Peter 2:6 Isaiah 28:16
  3. 1 Peter 2:7 Psalm 118:22
  4. 1 Peter 2:8 Isaiah 8:14

The Lord Jesus Christ has enter the more perfect tabernacle, the heavenly one. The Lord God and the Lamb are its temple for God does not dwell in temples made with hands (Acts 17:24) but He does dwell in the midst of His people - the church, the called out body of believers, the corporate spiritual temple.

Ephesians 2:19-22

19 Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household, 20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. 21 In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. 22 And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.

This is why I say that those who believe in the 70 AD Parousia are in error. If His Coming was in 70 AD, Communion becomes meaningless. But, if His Coming is still yet in our future, then communion is not meaningless. -Montana

The old covenant had to be removed before the new could be firmly established, otherwise people would be resorting to the old and trying to gain God's approval by their own merit rather than that of Christ's.

Peter