IGNORED

Set Your Mind on the Things Above...

Ovedya

Oh what a wonder He is! Jesus! Jesus! Jesus!

"And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb." (Revelation 22:1)

How sweet it is to drink deeply of The Waters of Live!

Thank you Brother for such a refreshing and invigorating post!

Speaking of The American Way of Life and The Pursuit of Wealth, it is coming up on the first of the month!

Time to do a little Celestial banking!

"Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:"

"But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:"

"For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." (Matthew 6:19-21)

See, that was the easy part!

Now, as for my heart......

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,580
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/13/1960

Loved your take to remind us of Christ that is the first thing.

I seem to remember a saying Your so Heavenly Minded that you no Earthly good.

What I have noticed in life and living it is that is really where we belong and all these thing are added unto you.

When I am so Heavenly Minded and no Earthly Good. God gives me the strenth and the Arm to lean on to acheive what I must with in this life. Remember you can get busy but where does your heart come back to when you are cleared of the Earthly. Jesus, Salvation, Love of God doing his will, Praying for the fullness there of. Heavenly Minded that you acheive what you must upon this earth but your really no earthly good with out Christ and the Holy Spirit guiding you. I know as I have had 5 Children and have Homeschooled all of them. I have two daughters left and I am running my Home and starting a business and my Husband has a Construction Business, Right now I am moving and it seems the world is winning but then I go to my heart and know that God is with me and he gives me the Joy and the Strength to have the stamina to keep going with Him, and I can do ALL things through Christ Which Strengthens Me.

When the world is over flowing take a breath with God and sit beside his thrown and gain the peace that comes making His presence the wonder of why you live.

Giving away your life to your Family or souls God always gives back and keeps you by his power when you lean upon him and give him all of the yokes we place upon ourselves. Enjoy your day and let God give you the strength to lay down and take up as you walk in this life's choices.

RJD Servant

So beautifully Spirit filled and uplifting. Yes, putting God first, everyday, all day, in our slumber. Your words, the Spirits words, have given me a deeper joy for you and all who have read this and the OP. You shine and I sense it so strongly... thank you for this, thank You Lord for allowing me to find it. :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Sounds good to me.

• Content Count:  10

Sweet!

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,157
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  07/25/1982

Set your mind on the things above.

One of the biggest challenges facing Christians today is the focus and involvement in the things on the earth. Many things seek to occupy a believer

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Thanks Ovedya!

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  6
  • Birthday:  01/11/1949

WOW! what a sermon! :thumbsup: I was a "Christian" who got interested in Mormonism. I was an investigator for 1-1/2 yrs. But, it was not a total waste because, through it, I dug into the Bible like I had never done before and developed a real hunger for knowing Heavenly Father. I have been hung up on Him and His Word ever since. I even stopped reading the Book of Mormon and all their other scriptures and find I rest much better at night. I still get that old urge to be a part of them again, but only because they are such good people - just very deceived. The spirit of Mormonism comes from the occult, straight from Joseph Smith, whom they say they totally believe in. Even if they have their doubts, it would be hard to leave their world because most of them would lose their family.

But, I chose a different path and have a heavy heart for my friends now. I have to work everyday with my best friend, who got me into it, but she sees something in me that I think she longs to have, although I promised I would never try to sway her belief; it must be the Holy Spirit who draws her and I continually pray for her.

I believe that if we listen to that "still small voice," that we will allow a hunger to grow in us and then we will willingly saturate ourselves in his Word. And then our minds can be renewed and the world grows "strangely dim." Without Him how lost I would be. I couldn't have said that before I was drawn into an investigation. I fought the law and the Law won. The Law is truely in my heart now. I no longer think I have to obey it to get into the "Celestial Kingdom."

I believe it will be very hard for someone to suddenly try to turn to God when trouble comes. It would be much smoother if they have the Word hidden in their hearts and have been seeking after Him for a long time, before it is too late and there is no time left to study the Bible. Better to pray God brings along some disaster or heartache to push you into hungering for righteousness than to realize that it is too late and you missed out. I think we can pray for that hunger, can't we?

Thanx for such a rich message.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,075
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Days Won:  3

Amen :laugh:

:24::24:

• 4 weeks later...

• Content Count:  6

AMEN!! Good Word!! God Bless!!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  06/04/1971

Great topic! This is something I've been thinking about myself. Jesus did not come to set up an 'earthly' kingdom. But we do live in the the world, so I believe we do have a responsibility to pray for our leaders, situations, etc. I see many churches jumping on the political bandwagon just to increase thier church membership.

The only thing I do disagree with somewhat is our rights as a christian. I believe we have to fight for them. We will never win anyone to Christ if we can't talk about Christ. I don't want this country to end up like those who have to have secret home churches and such.

Someone else posted the say 'so heavenly minded, you are no earthly good'. That's where balance comes in, and we need to seek God to help us find our balance. I believe that is between an individual and God too. Just because one does or does not do this that and the other, doesn't mean it is the same for everyone else. Some are anointed to work on thier city council, some aren't, some are anointed to coach little league, some aren't. But we always need to seek God and His will first, before we do anything.