time-keeper

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

Jesus is the Way to/of God, the Life of God and the Truth of God...

satan = bondage

Jesus sets you free from sin.....

I know this is simplistic but I just finished work...... :emot-hug:

Right

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HIS girl
Jesus is the truth.There is no other.This is freedom.

Joh 14:6 Jesus *said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

:emot-hug:

When Jesus walked the earth, He was the 'human truth' of God.

There can only be freedom in Christ and never bondage....

Guest HIS girl

John 8 v 33:

They answered Him, "We are Abraham's descendants, and have never been in bondage to anyone. How can you say, "You will be made free?" "

v34:

Jesus answered them, "Most assueredly I say to you, whoever commits sin is a slave of sin.

V35:

And a slave does not abide in the house forever, but a son abides forever.

V36:

Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed! " Jesus NKJv

Eternal life - Jesus Christ - freedom/liberation from sin - freedom in the true sense of the word->Jesus Christ Son of God.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  895
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1

Recently, at a bible study, i heard the pastor say "the truth will set you free brother!!!"..ok, i added the brother part :emot-hug: ...anyway, i started thinking about what it meant, and i found i could not find the correct defenition.

What do you guys think about this statement?

BTW, my 100th post!!!! woooooooooooo!

Best,

Lilly

Jesus being thee truth, knowing Him is what set us free on every level of life. :noidea:

e

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Interestlingly the greek here doesn't say truth, it says true. As in faithful not in correctness.

So more accuratley spoken, the faithfull shall set you free.

31So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, "If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine;

32and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free."

33They answered Him, "We are Abraham's descendants and have never yet been enslaved to anyone; how is it that You say, 'You will become free'?"

This isn't a conversation dealing with us, 2000 years later...this was talking about and to Jews, how come? Because they made an agreement with God to be faithful and obedient and Jesus was claiming to be that Faithful One, the only One that could free them, but they were so blinded they didn't understand He was telling them about freedom form the law, just as those freed from Egypt wanted to go back, many didn't even know they were in need of freedom.

Jesus said to Jews, if you follow my teaching then you are faithful to me and you will know faith and that faith will free you from judgment from the law of sin and death.

Again, we were included into His victory, but not into this conversation between Jesus and Jew. Knowing what is correct won't set you free, but knowing that because of HIS faithfulness we have been included into the promises of God that will benifit you greatly.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.58
  • Days Won:  1

Recently, at a bible study, i heard the pastor say "the truth will set you free brother!!!"..ok, i added the brother part :shofar: ...anyway, i started thinking about what it meant, and i found i could not find the correct defenition.

What do you guys think about this statement?

BTW, my 100th post!!!! woooooooooooo!

Best,

Lilly

Satan's tactic from the beginning has been to get people to believe lies. Whenever the truth is shone on anything, it gives them the freedom to see things as they actually are. People are only truly free when they operate in the truth

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  283
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  04/01/1983

John 8 v 33:

They answered Him, "We are Abraham's descendants, and have never been in bondage to anyone. How can you say, "You will be made free?" "

v34:

Jesus answered them, "Most assueredly I say to you, whoever commits sin is a slave of sin.

V35:

And a slave does not abide in the house forever, but a son abides forever.

V36:

Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed! " Jesus NKJv

Eternal life - Jesus Christ - freedom/liberation from sin - freedom in the true sense of the word->Jesus Christ Son of God.

Amen HIS girl, Jesus Christ has set me free from the law, which brings bondage (Galatians 4:21-31).

Galatians 5:1-6

1) Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ has made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

2) Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised. Christ shall profit you nothing.

3) For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.

4) Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

5) For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

6) For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

IMPO Lilly, the truth is Jesus Christ hath made us free from the bondage of the Law by our faith in Him (Galatians 5:1). So that if we wish to live by the law we are fallen from Grace (Galatians 5:4). But Jesus gave us a new commandment to love one another (John 15:12, and this of course would include to love God, Matthew 22:37-40). This is why Galatians 5:6 says faith worketh by love.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  191
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  629
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  03/29/1970

The truth that you believe sets you free. Jesus is who He said He was.... and yet many each day is dying and going to hell. Those who believe are saved. So yes the truth that you belive sets you free.... not truth itself.

God's blessing

Jacqueline